TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Engine Cap Sets are Back! And, ON SALE!

Jer

Saw this and had to order them before I could say ,,, Finally back in stock. Order placed today, any discount on a birthday order ?

Sure! Stop by for a free Birthday factory tour and shipping is free!

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Jer

How long is that sale price going to be valid for?

We'll run that for quite some time, into Summer probably. I want all the SGT owners to have them.

As I've said before, the way we do "sales" will change dramatically - it will be more about seasons, products, etc... not just a blanket percentage.

No one has commented, but I've been giving almost a thousand bucks off of Deep Draw Hoods for 6 months!

Jer

I've had my eye on the hood for some time now. Is it truly a clearance item? Are you running low on availability?

Yes, they are a Clearance item. The ones we are selling now don't clear Whipples without lowering engine mounts (which we offer), so we are clearing them out. We probably have 6 or 7 left, I'd estimate.

IF we do another run, they will be the "shallower" drop that clears everything, and will not be Clearance priced.

Jer

Thanks Jer, I have done the tour and it was great. Some of the best food I had out there was at the Shelby Cafe. Sorry to read that it closed a while back.

Don

It's reopened now with new owners as the Race Day Cafe. Good chow, and still decorated with LOTS of the original decor.

Jer

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I just bought the plain shelby caps individually because I thought the Shelby GT cap set was no longer being produced.

A day late and a dollar short as usual.

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I just bought the plain shelby caps individually because I thought the Shelby GT cap set was no longer being produced.

A day late and a dollar short as usual.

If you bought them from us, I'll take care of you and make it right. Let me know!

Jer

We'll run that for quite some time, into Summer probably. I want all the SGT owners to have them.

As I've said before, the way we do "sales" will change dramatically - it will be more about seasons, products, etc... not just a blanket percentage.

No one has commented, but I've been giving almost a thousand bucks off of Deep Draw Hoods for 6 months!

Jer

Comment, that's why I bought one. Great price. Shocked that they are still in stock

Comment, that's why I bought one. Great price. Shocked that they are still in stock

*I* was, too! LOL...

BTW, Mine just got out of Paint this past week. Updates as they occur.

Jer

If you bought them from us, I'll take care of you and make it right. Let me know!

Jer

Jer,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did buy them from SPP, invoice Order #71774. I have a friend who is interested in the caps I have now only if they will fit on his 2007 GT 500. Do you know if they will fit on a GT 500 with a 5.4L motor? If they do, than I would love for you to reserve me a set of the Shelby GT caps and I will purchase them.

Let me know your thoughts, Thanks again....Joe

Jer,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did buy them from SPP, invoice Order #71774. I have a friend who is interested in the caps I have now only if they will fit on his 2007 GT 500. Do you know if they will fit on a GT 500 with a 5.4L motor? If they do, than I would love for you to reserve me a set of the Shelby GT caps and I will purchase them.

Let me know your thoughts, Thanks again....Joe

I don't remember, but I believe they do. I'll check.

And, no need to reserve SGT caps, I have plenty...

Jer

Yes, they are a Clearance item. The ones we are selling now don't clear Whipples without lowering engine mounts (which we offer), so we are clearing them out. We probably have 6 or 7 left, I'd estimate.

IF we do another run, they will be the "shallower" drop that clears everything, and will not be Clearance priced.

Jer

:whew: good thing I read that..... I was ready to send the check.... looks like I saved myself some coin... thanx Jer!

By the way I'll be out that way in early May for my bithday tour..... see ya soon!

:whew: good thing I read that..... I was ready to send the check.... looks like I saved myself some coin... thanx Jer!

By the way I'll be out that way in early May for my bithday tour..... see ya soon!

OK, cool!

BTW, all the details of this hood are on the item's Description page in the online store, I wrote a complete biography of these hoods on there so everyone is clear:

http://www.shelbystore.com/2005-2009-Shelby-Deep-Draw-Terlingua-Hood-p/7s3z-16612-2.5-fslash-8.htm

Jer

I don't remember, but I believe they do. I'll check.

And, no need to reserve SGT caps, I have plenty...

Jer

Jer,

Any word yet on whether the caps I have will fit a GT 500?

Thanks, Joe

Jer,

Any word yet on whether the caps I have will fit a GT 500?

Thanks, Joe

Sorry, I was out a few days -

Yes, they fit, but your friend will need to buy an extra radiator cap for his intercooler tank.

Jer

Yes, they fit, but your friend will need to buy an extra radiator cap for his intercooler tank.

Jer

Thanks, I am going to put in my order for the Shelby GT caps today.

Best regards, Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Jer

Jer,

Houston....we have a problem!! I just recieved my replacement Shelby GT caps and sold the regular Shelby caps to my GT500 buddy. It turns out that the 4.6L Engine Oil cap does not fit the 5.4L motor afterall. He is going to attempt to sell this engine cap and buy a replacement that fits. :banghead:

Joe

Jer,

Houston....we have a problem!! I just recieved my replacement Shelby GT caps and sold the regular Shelby caps to my GT500 buddy. It turns out that the 4.6L Engine Oil cap does not fit the 5.4L motor afterall. He is going to attempt to sell this engine cap and buy a replacement that fits. :banghead:

Joe

Joe, have him call Tim Hill here at SPP - I'll take care of him. My apologies. Jer

Jer,

Thanks for the follow up. I can now show my face at the Saturday night cruises without my GT500 buddies giving me heck. It appears that 07GT500Conv was able to get the issue resolved. You are a man of your word. Thanks again for your help and I am now a very happy customer.

Best regards, Joe

Archived