TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ELEANOR

07SGT

great car but what happened afterwards left a bad taste in everyones mouth so almost anyone who you ask about these says 'who cares'...

great car but what happened afterwards left a bad taste in everyones mouth so almost anyone who you ask about these says 'who cares'...

+1. This car really started the craze for Franken-Stangs and all the mess that went with them over the years...... :hysterical:

C'mon guys, don't be to rough regarding the Eleanor craze. If you ask me, the movie and the car is what helped Carroll Shelby become a house hold name again. Yes, we true Shelby fans have always known and loved Shelbys, but I think this movie helped the Shelby car name GT 500 to be noticed. Imagine if Carroll Shelby brought back the GT500 with Ford without the Movie. The movie was out before Shelby and Ford started working together again. If the movie was never made with the retro look, the audience may have never been exposed to the Shelby name like it would without it. It was a bummer regarding the legal matters, both the name and the Unique Performance fiasco. But all of these thing should not determine the liking or disliking of the car. The fact is that these cars helped Shelby! If you don't remember, Carroll Shelby endorsed and approved the recreation 67/68 GT500 cars and authorized them to be recorded into the Shelby registry. I never get bored with the original Shelby GT350, GT500, the Cobras and I will never get bored or sick of the Eleanor look! I am glad they made that car and I would own one if I could. Classic recreations are now making them. Just my $.02!

i would love to build an eleanor replica, there is some pretty bad replicas out there, but my goal is to make a movie correct replica

ppl may say they are everywhere and always for sell, i have only seen 2 in person, one at a local car show (which was 4-5 years ago) and another at All Ford Nationals at Carlisle

if u have the time to read this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/672987-out-new-old-build-thread.html this is one of the best eleanor replicas ever built

good find by el shelby. I don't know about the politics of the Eleanor issue but I do like the appearance of the center head lights. and if you watch the video supplied by El Shelby you can see when they pop the hood the answer to those that want to have strut tower braces and a super charger. This is what I have suggested for a long time. Interesting video.

Archived