TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Has Purchased A Shelby Raptor?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iit was a great deal from my dealer who i do a lot of business with! It cost $7,750 installed. You can now buy the extra ppowertrain warranty from Roush to cover all possible problems (i think it is in the $1,500 range for a three year warranty. The truck is amazing with all that torque!

We're OK with Jeff posting Raptors for sale for two reasons: 1. We embrace Ford dealers here and 2. It helps keep costs competitive for people looking for Shelby models.

Question answered, thanks.

You can email me at sharone@shelbyamerican.com, not sure who you have been contacting but Rorbert or I are the people to talk too.

Thanks

Sharon

Thanks Sharon, I believe Jeff J forwarded me your address but I will send another mail directly.

Edit: Sent!

Iit was a great deal from my dealer who i do a lot of business with! It cost $7,750 installed. You can now buy the extra ppowertrain warranty from Roush to cover all possible problems (i think it is in the $1,500 range for a three year warranty. The truck is amazing with all that torque!

If Roush can offer an extended warranty can Shelby? Please :worship:

If Roush can offer an extended warranty can Shelby? Please :worship:

If you notice, the Roush extended warranty only applies to the ROUSH PARTS they install.

But the Roush Raptor *does* retain your factory warranty, keeping it intact where as the Shelby Raptor does *not*.

At least the way *I* read it...

Phill

The warranty offered by Roush is insures independantly through Roush,and yes it coverstheir parts that are installed but also if any of their parts fail which in turn causes damageto any of the other engine or drivetrain parts failing it covers those as well! The factory warranty remains intact and is not affected. that was the reason I held off getting my Roushcharger installed until they had the warranty available.

The warranty offered by Roush is insures independantly through Roush,and yes it coverstheir parts that are installed but also if any of their parts fail which in turn causes damageto any of the other engine or drivetrain parts failing it covers those as well! The factory warranty remains intact and is not affected. that was the reason I held off getting my Roushcharger installed until they had the warranty available.

Hey Robert,

Is Shelby working on a warranty for the Raptor? Sure would like to know someone has our backs after spending a boat load of money. Again :spend:

The Shelby Raptor has a 12 month parts and labor warranty for Shelby installed parts. Other parts would be covered by the Ford warranty, should it apply.

From the small print at the bottom of Shelby's brochure: "Package voids power train warranty."

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/2013raptor.pdf

Phill

Thats pretty lame, so it reduces power train warranty to only 12 mo from Shelby.

No.

It VOIDS the entire power train warranty. The powertrain includes; The engine, torque converter, auto transmission, transfer case, front differential, front half-shafts, hubs (etc.), rear driveshaft, rear axle assy. including differential, axles, rear axle housing, rear springs, wheel studs, wheels, etc. etc. etc. etc. (everything 'power' related between the engine and the ground where the tires drive the truck). Items such as the alternator, P/S pump, AC compressor, etc. should remain covered under the factory warranty unless the engine rpm limiter or the vehicle speed limiter was altered from stock. And even then, some dealers may consider them "powertrain" related because they are powered by the engine (technically, they are NOT powerTRAIN (key word) related).

Robert is saying Shelby will warranty the parts & labor that THEY (Shelby American) install for 12 mos. (supercharger, intake manifold, intercooler, etc.).

At least that's my interpretation of what he is saying (Robert can confirm/deny).

Phill

Thats the way I see it too (unless I am off missing something) ? I was hoping they (Shelby) would look at teaming up with an insurance company to offer a warrentee that would cover the drive train parts that are voided by the modifications (like Roush did)?

• 2 weeks later...

3 days after driving Warren's Raptor, in Terlingua, I bought one and HATED it. Warren's was AWESOME off road after driving back from David's rather 'rural" area. If you are using a Raptor for off road use consistently, fine, but for a daily driver, it is like a 300K New York taxi!! Lots of squeaks and rattles, and 6-9 MPG in town on 91, and rides like a buck board. Needless to say, I sold it 3 days later at a $500 loss. I will stay with the 7.3 Powerstrokes which get better gas mileage and don't buck me to death. I am sure Shelby has improved all the many, many shortcomings of the Raptor for those that choose to actually DRIVE them or tow with them...

Alex

3 days after driving Warren's Raptor, in Terlingua, I bought one and HATED it. Warren's was AWESOME off road after driving back from David's rather 'rural" area. If you are using a Raptor for off road use consistently, fine, but for a daily driver, it is like a 300K New York taxi!! Lots of squeaks and rattles, and 6-9 MPG in town on 91, and rides like a buck board. Needless to say, I sold it 3 days later at a $500 loss. I will stay with the 7.3 Powerstrokes which get better gas mileage and don't buck me to death. I am sure Shelby has improved all the many, many shortcomings of the Raptor for those that choose to actually DRIVE them or tow with them...

Alex

I don't know what you were driving but what you're describing is NOTHING like my 2012 Raptor SCrew 4x4. I regularly get 12mpg with City driving but never really had it out on a long stretch to see what I get highway driving. And I'm no 'lightfoot' when it comes to driving my vehicles.

It's noticeably smoother riding than my '11 F-150 4x4 SCrew King Ranch, it's WAY more powerful than the KR with the 3.5L Ecoboost with no turbo lag to deal with.

As far as "Shelby (improving) the many many shortcommings(sic) of the Raptor", Shelby doesn't touch the suspension and only adds a Supercharger to the drivetrain. Other that that the Shelby Raptor is a cosmetic package so a Shelby Raptor is going to drive exactly like a Stock/OE Raptor, other than the increase of Torque/Horsepower.

If you (or anyone else) are looking for a "Cadillac Ride", I suggest you buy a Cadillac and not a SVT Truck.

Phill

Hi Phil,

Palm Springs is well known for long stoplights and rather "seasoned" drivers, so typically gas mileage is worse than other areas as there is quite a bit of stop (for 2-4 minutes), and go...very varied speeds. LOL

I am getting 14-16 MPG in my new CLS63 AMG on ECO mode, and 13-15 on Sport+ (I just leave it sport+ now, but put suspension on comfort). My Boss 302 LS gets 15-18 in town, my supercharged Ranger 18+ in town, 6 speed manual Powerstroke 7.3 diesel 20+. I calculate every tank, on every vehicle I drive, take notes on use, and only use Chevron...

Alex

Strange,

I average about 13.4 driving the way "I drive", which is not for the faint of heart. When Im towing, I get about 10.5, but thats towing a heavy car hauler and car.

For ride quality, my experiences have been exactly opposite Alex. I love the Raptor for its on road handling just as much, if not more, than its offroad handling. 58k miles and only a few hundred have been offroad, but I love having that option. Also, I dont have a single squeak or rattle in my whole truck. Did you buy yours new? I wonder where that truck had been before you got ahold of it, because it doesnt sound like any of the raptors I have been around. I think you got a lemon.

Of course, you enjoyed driving mine, so maybe mine is just better than most. :wub2:

When I do Shelby events in general- I usually drive the raptor! I leave the GT500 parked.

• 2 weeks later...

It's noticeably smoother riding than my '11 F-150 4x4 SCrew King Ranch, it's WAY more powerful than the KR with the 3.5L Ecoboost with no turbo lag to deal with.

Phill

You have a Raptor with ecoboost? I didn't even know they built one with a turbo. Ouch, that's gotta be a monster.

You have a Raptor with ecoboost? I didn't even know they built one with a turbo. Ouch, that's gotta be a monster.

Ya might wanna read the text you quoted over....

Phill

• 3 years later...

Step 1: Finally purchased a 2012 black Raptor.

Step 2: Been chatting with the Shelby team about plans to get my Raptor there.

Step 3: Saving up for the Shelby conversion. Need to sell my F150 Shelby tribute to help fund the Raptor conversion. Anyone interested, send me a note.

Step 4: Ship my Raptor to Shelby hopefully in the next few months.

Step 1: Finally purchased a 2012 black Raptor.

Step 2: Been chatting with the Shelby team about plans to get my Raptor there.

Step 3: Saving up for the Shelby conversion. Need to sell my F150 Shelby tribute to help fund the Raptor conversion. Anyone interested, send me a note.

Step 4: Ship my Raptor to Shelby hopefully in the next few months.

Congrats Adam! :happy feet:

• 1 month later...

I sent my black 2014 Raptor off to Shelby for the Baja 700 package. It had the Shelby side panel logo along with the hood & tailgate strips. Shelby will have their name all over the truck when they were done. I counted 16 Shelby logo's (advertisements) on my truck when i got it back. It will definitely let everyone know it's a Shelby.

I sent my black 2014 Raptor off to Shelby for the Baja 700 package. It had the Shelby side panel logo along with the hood & tailgate strips. Shelby will have their name all over the truck when they were done. I counted 16 Shelby logo's (advertisements) on my truck when i got it back. It will definitely let everyone know it's a Shelby.

That is the thing, i would be taking off the forced stripes that they "have" to put on and just have one that I have put on that would say Shelby Raptor or even just Raptor. I know they change the SVT side vents to Shelby.

I would think that Shelby could omit some of the graphics it puts on. Have you talked with anyone at Shelby about if they can delete any of the graphics? Try putting in a call to Frankie Montrone @ Shelby Sales LV and let him know what you are wanting.

Archived