TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Has Purchased A Shelby Raptor?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who on here has purchased a Shelby Raptor / or has plans to do such?

I am *seriously* considering it.

The only 'issue' I'm having is with SA keeping my OEM take-off wheels if I buy the optional wheels. I can buy the same wheel/tire combo for less sans the CS center cap, and keep my OEM wheels so I may do that, IF I go ahead with the Shelby Raptor upfit.

That and I have the black optional hood graphic on my truck already and really hate to lose it, and the money I already spent on it, just to replace it with something that is darn near identical to what's there now. If it was different in a big or even moderate way, I could see it.

The side graphics, ehhh, I understand...But it *would* be really nice if they (SA) made/installed a side graphic kit that just added the extra length and the "SHELBY" logo to the OE one that has the "Raptor" logo on it now (I *like* the Raptor in the graphics, which is why I PAID for it!). And hey, let's fact it, my graphics weren't cheap (~$2,000 total, $900 for the Hood graphic)!

Ideally, if someone is starting fresh they'd get a truck sans graphics and save 2 grand. I'm not sure how Shelby American would treat a customer that rolled in there with a set of junk wheels on the truck and wanted the optional wheel/tire package but I notice there is NO disclaimer stating there's a core charge or the OE wheels MUST be on the truck.

I'm real particular in that I *always* keep ALL of my OEM parts when I modify a car or bike. I did it with a 1979 Harley-Davidson FLH I had. When I sold it, I pulled all of the mods off (3" Primo open primary belt drive system, kick starter pedel assembly, seat, bars, etc. etc.), sold the bike 100% original/stock then sold the mod items separately and made back quite a bit of what I spent on them. Otherwise, I would have got the same price for the bike (and had the stock parts to sell, which don't get you very much at all).

Right now I'm like a Perch on a pier....flip-flop, flip-flop, flip-flop.

But in all honestly, I will probably bite the bullet and get it eventually. I just paid (cash) for my Raptor and I'm paying my bank account back (@ $600. per mo.) and I want to build it back up a little before I spend another chunk of change. I paid cash for my GT500 too so I really need to start sticking some more $$$$ INTO my savings account rather than keep taking it out (or eventually, I won't HAVE a savings acct.!!).

I know one thing....I really WANT it and it wouldn't take much to push me over the 'edge'. As much as I am a HUGE Roush fan, I like what the Shelby Raptor offers over the Roush Off-Road Raptor kit better (and frankly, the CSM# means squat to me).

Phill

i have 12SR0002 sitting here waiting on a truck to pick it up to get to Vegas....

white with blue ss stripes ...

I can hardly wait to see some IRL pics of the finished product.

Are you going with the optional bead-lock wheels or keeping your own? I like the Shelby bead-locks SO much more than the FRPP/OEM versions. I *thought* I liked the FRPP bead-locks until I saw the Shelby wheels.

Phill

I can hardly wait to see some IRL pics of the finished product.

Are you going with the optional bead-lock wheels or keeping your own? I like the Shelby bead-locks SO much more than the FRPP/OEM versions. I *thought* I liked the FRPP bead-locks until I saw the Shelby wheels.

Phill

same boat Phil 4k and loose the stock wheel brand new zero mile tires ......, maybe thro some junkers or some donuts on...

I am *seriously* considering it.

The only 'issue' I'm having is with SA keeping my OEM take-off wheels if I buy the optional wheels. I can buy the same wheel/tire combo for less sans the CS center cap, and keep my OEM wheels so I may do that, IF I go ahead with the Shelby Raptor upfit.

That and I have the black optional hood graphic on my truck already and really hate to lose it, and the money I already spent on it, just to replace it with something that is darn near identical to what's there now. If it was different in a big or even moderate way, I could see it.

The side graphics, ehhh, I understand...But it *would* be really nice if they (SA) made/installed a side graphic kit that just added the extra length and the "SHELBY" logo to the OE one that has the "Raptor" logo on it now (I *like* the Raptor in the graphics, which is why I PAID for it!). And hey, let's fact it, my graphics weren't cheap (~$2,000 total, $900 for the Hood graphic)!

Ideally, if someone is starting fresh they'd get a truck sans graphics and save 2 grand. I'm not sure how Shelby American would treat a customer that rolled in there with a set of junk wheels on the truck and wanted the optional wheel/tire package but I notice there is NO disclaimer stating there's a core charge or the OE wheels MUST be on the truck.

I'm real particular in that I *always* keep ALL of my OEM parts when I modify a car or bike. I did it with a 1979 Harley-Davidson FLH I had. When I sold it, I pulled all of the mods off (3" Primo open primary belt drive system, kick starter pedel assembly, seat, bars, etc. etc.), sold the bike 100% original/stock then sold the mod items separately and made back quite a bit of what I spent on them. Otherwise, I would have got the same price for the bike (and had the stock parts to sell, which don't get you very much at all).

Right now I'm like a Perch on a pier....flip-flop, flip-flop, flip-flop.

But in all honestly, I will probably bite the bullet and get it eventually. I just paid (cash) for my Raptor and I'm paying my bank account back (@ $600. per mo.) and I want to build it back up a little before I spend another chunk of change. I paid cash for my GT500 too so I really need to start sticking some more $$$$ INTO my savings account rather than keep taking it out (or eventually, I won't HAVE a savings acct.!!).

I know one thing....I really WANT it and it wouldn't take much to push me over the 'edge'. As much as I am a HUGE Roush fan, I like what the Shelby Raptor offers over the Roush Off-Road Raptor kit better (and frankly, the CSM# means squat to me).

Phill

You need to get one Phil. I need someone to go 4-wheeling with in the winter when the Shelbys are parked :)

Also hope we can work something out on the wheel/tire issue.

i have 12SR0002 sitting here waiting on a truck to pick it up to get to Vegas....

white with blue ss stripes ...

Is that one sold??

Or is it going on the lot?

Great color combo. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I have plans to do it. I own a 2011 in Molten Orange color with 10K miles (2 years old). But two things maks me wait:

- I love the interior of my Raptor that I wouldnt like to be changed. It's orange and black with the console in orange. I am not agrred to include the interior in the cost of the package. it should be like in the other conversions. Decrease the cost of the package and give the customer the option to upgrade the interior.....

- I'd rather to wait until the 2014 comes and see how it comes out. If I will like it then I will order one and give the 2011 in trade.....

But definitively I want to pull the trigger.......

Jorge

I think the Shelby Raptor would be fun to own, but I've got a few others I'd like to have.......like a GT350R damn it. :rockon:

Sorry for going a bit off topic...........big time congrats to those that get the Shelby Raptor.

Well I just test drove a Raptor and for fun a Focus ST.

Definitely going for a Raptor. Now I just have to find one. My local dealer has one on the lot (wrong color) and seven on order to other people. They have met their allocation. Going to look and see what the 2014 brings.

As far as color mine will look strikingly similar to my KR with a strikingly similar CSM#. :)

Edit

Funny side note. As we were pulling back into the dealership the salesman asked what I drove in.

I said a mustang.

He asked if I would be trading it in.

I said not a chance and pointed to the KR with six salesmen gathered around it and peering into the windows.

Makes you feel good. 20 new GTs, 2 Bosses, and a GT500 on the lot and they are drooling over my 5 year old car. :)

Gentlemen, I again would like to offer my inventory... Im the second LARGEST SVT Raptor dealer in the Nation, I have multiple trucks in EVERY color inbound, I have orders at Shelby already, I will be competitive with price AND I will finance even the Shelby portion into the purchase, for those with reasonable credit. I'm a Shelby enthusiast, owner, racer and know a thing or two about loving great cars and trucks. If I can offer my services as they are, please contact me and let me take a shot at getting you your Shelby Raptor!!

Jeff

800-694-9625

HyperStangs@Rich-Ford.com

Jim, i have it 97% commited to, just waiting to get paid for it, and for it to get delivered to Vegas

Very nice.

Would look forward to seeing it, or at least some pictures.

Gentlemen, I again would like to offer my inventory... Im the second LARGEST SVT Raptor dealer in the Nation, I have multiple trucks in EVERY color inbound, I have orders at Shelby already, I will be competitive with price AND I will finance even the Shelby portion into the purchase, for those with reasonable credit. I'm a Shelby enthusiast, owner, racer and know a thing or two about loving great cars and trucks. If I can offer my services as they are, please contact me and let me take a shot at getting you your Shelby Raptor!!

Jeff

800-694-9625

HyperStangs@Rich-Ford.com

:nonono:

Vendor section?

:nonono:

Vendor section?

Whilst I have tried on numerous occasions to reach the forum owners to sponsor this site I have yet to receive a callback (still hopeful). As an authorized Shelby American vehicle and parts dealer, and a fair minded person all around, I hope you will allow me some latitude to try and help my fellow Shelby owners. B)

I would like to get one whether regular Raptor or Shelby Raptor but in my situation I got no use for the pickup bed. I like to take my vehicles on long drives and got litte dogs so they can't go back there the wind would swoop them right up lol but man the Raptor looks like a whole lotta fun!! I'm leaning towards a 2014 CLS63 AMG instead as its the next best thing and its fast plus the 2014 gets all-wheel drive standard on AMG models. NOT my fault FORD does not know how to make a luxury car or a hot-rod 4-door. Imagine what they could do if they really tried I mean that Lincoln concept from 3-4 years ago was bad ass something that could compete vs Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, and Caddy. Would love to drive a Raptor but me personally I need a Raptor Expedition

I would like to get one whether regular Raptor or Shelby Raptor but in my situation I got no use for the pickup bed. I like to take my vehicles on long drives and got litte dogs so they can't go back there the wind would swoop them right up lol but man the Raptor looks like a whole lotta fun!! I'm leaning towards a 2014 CLS63 AMG instead as its the next best thing and its fast plus the 2014 gets all-wheel drive standard on AMG models. NOT my fault FORD does not know how to make a luxury car or a hot-rod 4-door. Imagine what they could do if they really tried I mean that Lincoln concept from 3-4 years ago was bad ass something that could compete vs Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, and Caddy. Would love to drive a Raptor but me personally I need a Raptor Expedition

I just saw a Blue Raptor with a camper shell on it that I thought was a Raptor Explorer! The shell matched the cab/chassis so well I didn't see the split at first. My Raptor has a electric sliding rear window so you could have your dogs in the back and still have communication with them. I've seen one truck that the owner built a shelf in the front of the bed so his dog could look in (or use as a door) the rear window.

I have a Leer topper on mine that I took off of my Black King Ranch which looks pretty good on my Race Red Raptor w/Black hood & side graphics. I was thinking about painting it Race Red but I think that would be too much red so I stuck with the Tuxedo Black and I'm real happy with it. I can still use the bed for 'short' things and I put a Ford Mo. Co. bed mat in it ($99 at my Ford dealer) to protect the bed. I also have a aftermarket bed extender so I can put stuff in the bed (lawn mower, etc.) and keep it from falling out.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

I wouldn't mind having a C class AMG either though!

Phill

I think that it is awesome that a dealer will help people get into a Shelby Raptor by including the extra cost in the total finance package.for sure that opens up the chance for loads of people to get into one! I have just got my 2012 Silver crewcab back from my local Ford dealer after installing a Roush Supercharger 590hp/590 ft lbs into it. Now it is awesome just mashing my loud pedal and and letting it rip!!! All of you out there thinkiing of which way to go,if you can do it.....DO IT!

I think that it is awesome that a dealer will help people get into a Shelby Raptor by including the extra cost in the total finance package.for sure that opens up the chance for loads of people to get into one! I have just got my 2012 Silver crewcab back from my local Ford dealer after installing a Roush Supercharger 590hp/590 ft lbs into it. Now it is awesome just mashing my loud pedal and and letting it rip!!! All of you out there thinkiing of which way to go,if you can do it.....DO IT!

i have done a couple procharger set ups for a couple customers, and i sold 1 of those guys a 14 Shelby Raptor....

How much did that end up costing you?

And did that allow you to keep the factory warranty?

Phill

Whilst I have tried on numerous occasions to reach the forum owners to sponsor this site I have yet to receive a callback (still hopeful). As an authorized Shelby American vehicle and parts dealer, and a fair minded person all around, I hope you will allow me some latitude to try and help my fellow Shelby owners. B)

You can email me at sharone@shelbyamerican.com, not sure who you have been contacting but Rorbert or I are the people to talk too.

Thanks

Sharon

Archived