TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just sewed on MSgt

I have been waiting for almost 1 year to sew on MSgt for the Air Force. I have been chasing this rank because my grandfather retired a long time ago at this rank. I just hope that I can fill my new shoes and will be an upstanding SNCO.

Yes sir I do. Thank you for your 27 years of service. I hope to be a CMSgt some day. I have been told my ducks are in a row and it is only a matter of time. I guess we shall see a few years from now.

To everyone that has told me thanks for my service, I thank you for allowing me to serve. It has been a pleasure so far, I enjoy putting the uniform on everyday and couldn't think of a better thing for me to do.

I have been waiting for almost 1 year to sew on MSgt for the Air Force. I have been chasing this rank because my grandfather retired a long time ago at this rank. I just hope that I can fill my new shoes and will be an upstanding SNCO.

I don't live far from Ellsworth in SD.

:salute: Huge congrats. That was the biggest pay increase I had ever seen back in 1986 when I made MSgt. Becoming a SNCO was pretty cool. But each stripe you make just let's you know how much better the next one is going to be. Enjoy your service while you can and be working on your PME, education, and next stripe. It makes for a larger retirement check to help out your next career.

Congrats! Where you stationed? I did 11 years active duty and in the Reserves now as a TSgt, total Military time 23 years. Works a bit different in the reserves, hope to get MSgt in a couple of years.

I am stationed by Vandenberg AFB. I'm a recruiter so it is a little different for me. My office is in Santa Maria Ca. Good luck to you with MSgt.

I hope to be a CMSgt some day.

Contrats on what you have but don't stop.

Strive for CMSAF. Stop when you want but never think that there can't be something better.

There always has to be something beyond tomorrow or next year, or we never grow.

There, does that qualify me to write a self-inspiration book?

Note to self: Practice what you preach :)

Thank you for serving and congrads! My stepdaughter is just starting in the army as of a month ago. I am very proud of her! To me, rank does not matter, I salute any serviceman or women! Keep doing what you are doing and I am sure you will get there soon! So, sir I :salute: you!

Archived