TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a great body shop with experience working on late model Mustangs

Fat Boss

As many of you know, I wadded up my Boss 302 last weekend at Spring Mtn. I'll be in the market soon for a shop that has lots of experience working on late model Mustangs. Any recommendations? I think it might be totaled and I want an experienced shop to look at it and give an estimate. There's some wrinkled up sheet metal inside the trunk area and below that towards the passenger side rear corner.

Any suggestions for shops preferrably in the South Bay?

Sincerely,

Super Dave Osborne

As many of you know, I wadded up my Boss 302 last weekend at Spring Mtn. I'll be in the market soon for a shop that has lots of experience working on late model Mustangs. Any recommendations? I think it might be totaled and I want an experienced shop to look at it and give an estimate. There's some wrinkled up sheet metal inside the trunk area and below that towards the passenger side rear corner.

Any suggestions for shops preferrably in the South Bay?

Sincerely,

Super Dave Osborne

Turns out SDO had a Fox Body Mustang stunt car too....

super-dave-osborne.jpg

super-dave-osborne.jpg

FB

i took my dent to B2 perfection. These guys have an incredible operation. Go see Brad Trost-

B2 Perfection

150 N Wolfe Rd

Sunnyvale 94086

408 739 3600

Michael do they do a LOT of Mustangs? I looked at their Testimonials page and they had minivans and camrys with minor dents. I'd prefer a shop that has experience with F'd up Mustangs!

Turns out SDO had a Fox Body Mustang stunt car too....

Sweet !

Michael do they do a LOT of Mustangs? I looked at their Testimonials page and they had minivans and camrys with minor dents. I'd prefer a shop that has experience with F'd up Mustangs!

Sweet !

Andy

You need to go there and speak with them. I have been searching for an expert shop (they are few and far between) and I am seriously impressed with their capabilities. Have I ever led you wrong?

I know a guy who does a serious amount of Mustangs, but that is not a guarantee of getting your car fixed correctly. I did not take my car back to them.

You will need the best with the best tools. B2 Perfection's expertise is on par with places like Custom Alignment and Rear End Specialties - they are all leaders in their fields.

MM

Come on, that was all me !

Ok, ok I put MM Camber / Caster plates, Ford Racing "P" springs, and BRM rear lower control arms with relocation brackets. Those mods and a good line will go a long way towards a fast lap at Spring Mtn.

There is a body shop in Foresthill/Auburn Cal, that does great body work and has done a few Mustang's including my own. They specialize in the high end exotic stuff and their work is exceptional. Jake Tomlinson Auto Body 530-888-7163. You will not be disappointed with them at all.

Another shop closer to you that did a Cobra for me is The Works Auto Body off Coleman Avenue in San Jose. They do all the exotics in the area and have been there for 20 years that I know of. The work he did on the cobra was flawless. It is owned by Chris DiBrune who is a great guy to work with. 1640 Grant St

Santa Clara, CA 95050

(408) 748-1367

SDO... Good luck in your pursuit of a shop!

And welcome to the "Wadded-Up-Their-Shelby" Club... :bike:

I'm the president... :blush:

Side.jpg

photo.jpg

Sorry Peter, if you are the president then Andy is Chairman of the Board!

Another shop closer to you that did a Cobra for me is The Works Auto Body off Coleman Avenue in San Jose. They do all the exotics in the area and have been there for 20 years that I know of. The work he did on the cobra was flawless. It is owned by Chris DiBrune who is a great guy to work with. 1640 Grant St

Santa Clara, CA 95050

(408) 748-1367

I agree - Chris did my 66 years ago - great job and has all the up to date equipment .

wadding up is putting it mildily....

if the bags would have went it would be totaled!!!

i would make sure that which ever shop does work on it , that they have the laser setup and know how to use it...

it could have been any number of us that drove our cars hard.....

wadding up is putting it mildily....

if the bags would have went it would be totaled!!!

i would make sure that which ever shop does work on it , that they have the laser setup and know how to use it...

it could have been any number of us that drove our cars hard.....

Who said it isn't totaled ?? :violin:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. As it turned out my primary insurance gave me 41k after my deductible and towed it away. Yesterday I flew (my arms are still tired..) to San Diego and picked up an identical model with 12k miles and sporting a new MT82 with 1k miles. Can has a Steeda shifter, two post shifter bracket, GT500 wing, Ford Racing Laguna Seca type 3 gauge pod on the top of the dash with FR volts, temp, and oil press, MM C/C plates, Koni Yellow's, and H & R race springs. The springs are a bit too stiff for my liking so I'll likely swap them out with either what I had before- Ford Racing P springs, or the just announced Ford Racing Boss 302 springs. I'll wait and see how I like them at the track at any rate. The car doesn't have LCA's or brackets but I pulled mine off the old car and they're still fine, like most of that last car. I've already slapped my Boss 302 S grill and custom lower grill on so the familiarity is coming on strong!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. As it turned out my primary insurance gave me 41k after my deductible and towed it away. Yesterday I flew (my arms are still tired..) to San Diego and picked up an identical model with 12k miles and sporting a new MT82 with 1k miles. Can has a Steeda shifter, two post shifter bracket, GT500 wing, Ford Racing Laguna Seca type 3 gauge pod on the top of the dash with FR volts, temp, and oil press, MM C/C plates, Koni Yellow's, and H & R race springs. The springs are a bit too stiff for my liking so I'll likely swap them out with either what I had before- Ford Racing P springs, or the just announced Ford Racing Boss 302 springs. I'll wait and see how I like them at the track at any rate. The car doesn't have LCA's or brackets but I pulled mine off the old car and they're still fine, like most of that last car. I've already slapped my Boss 302 S grill and custom lower grill on so the familiarity is coming on strong!

Cool...Congrats....

I thought you wanted to get a 13 Boss?

I thought about it. There's a GB '13 nearby that I could have bought. But in the end I like the '12 better, mostly in the front end looks. The car I bought was probably about $6k cheaper considering everything. Plus I still have my 12 BOSS plates. Anyone know what I need to do to transfer the plate over to my new car?

Archived