TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coming to the dark side.

Chris11764

I currently own a 2008 Roush P-51a Mustang, however I decided to come to the dark side of the force and ordered a 2014 GT 500 from my local dealership. (Grabber blue / black stripes, 821A and Trak pack). I had tried last year to order a 2013 and all of the dealers were charging 5 to 20 thousand over the sticker price. I just happened to wander into Jim Burke Ford (Bakersfield Ca), and spoke with the sales manager. He had one allotment for a 2014 left and said they always sell their cars at sticker price. So I got to order the vehicle the way I wanted it. I just hope Mr. Roush will forgive me. :)

You're going to have a lot of fun with your new ride. Are you going to keep the P-51? Those are fun cars too.

P.S. Welcome to TS! There is a lot of great info and people here.

Jim Burke sticker price ?? My office is 2 minutes from there and I have looked at many cars and tried to buy a few. They wanted 20k over sticker for a 2007 ShelbyGT,when I tried to buy a 2008 GO car, they wanted 58k for it, I will belive that when I see it, good luck

I've got the dealer report of order with my name on it and a written receipt from them for sticker price for what was ordered on the vehicle. I called SVT last week and the vehicle is order #6088 and should be built around April / May. They had one other 2014 allotted that sold for sticker the week before I ordered mine (Black / red stripe). I purchased my Roush from them in 2008 for sticker, but was originally quoted $7,500 over sticker.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For me the Roush is the Dark Side as my track car is number 37 of 47 Black Jacks in 2009. My Cruiser and Beast for Power is the 08 GT500 Red Stripe Vert! Your car is Very Sweet, wait both your cars are Sweet! Congrats!

Archived