TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Satellite Radio Going Off and On

09KR0058

For the past few days, my Sirius (factory installed) has been flaky. I can get a channel for a minute or two, then it goes to "Aquiring" and then to "No Signal". After a while, it comes back, and a minute or two later, goes through the same thing again. I can switch to AM or FM and everything is fine.

Anyone else had this issue? Wondering if there might be a lose wire somewhere on the antenna?

Had it for free for 3 mths. Your problem never happened, but didnt like if you went under a bridge, lost signal.

And the sound always sounded "tinney"

Had the same thing on my 2011 F-150 King Ranch. Dealer said it was normal. I'd go under a PEDESTRIAN (narrow) bridge and it would cut-off.

My Mustang Shelby GT500 doesn't do it, my wife's 2011 Flex Ltd. doesn't do it and my 2012 F-150 Raptor doesn't do it.

NORMAL, MY ASS. It's a bad antenna. Either that or they need to fix all of my other Fords so they are "Normal" too (and cut out going under ANY bridge).

Phill

Since the free trail ran out, I do kinda miss it, but not paying for radio.....

I got a lifetime subscription for my Shelby so it never runs out.

Will likely do the same for my Raptor.

Phill

Oh and there is no more lifetime subscription anymore :(

Yes there is. I just spoke with a Sirius rep about converting mine from my current "6 month" trial to a lifetime sub.

They apparently can't seem to get their prices straight between each other. Last year when I wanted to get it for my King Ranch the lady quoted me a little over $800. I told her she was out of her mind and I opted out of Sirius altogether (my wife got me a CHEAP 6-mos version as a secondary to her plan).

The guy I just spoke with who gave me a quote me for my Raptor gave me a $600 (and change) quote, for a LIFETIME sub..

I only paid $404 for my Shelby and will likely go with the lifetime since I plan on keeping the Raptor.

If someone told you it's not available, they're trying to sell you annual subs and make more money from you. Ask for another rep.

Phill

Well, poo! I just called for my L and the longest I could get was 3 years. Guess I have been had.

You can still change it.

When the guy called me and was trying to sell me a sub, I asked about the life-time. He said it was $600 and change, which I want to do. I decided to take the 6 month package so I could defer my $600 payment off for 6-mos (but knew I was wasting 6 months worth of service). He said I could change it at ANY time in the 6 month period, I didn't have to wait for it to expire.

The lady I spoke to about a year earlier gave me a $800+ price so I have a feeling they have a LOT of leeway in pricing the life-time subs. I just can't see it going from $404 (total, with fees/taxes included) to $850-something (more than DOUBLE, as I told her) and then down to $600. I even told the first lady that I'd buy TWO lifetimes subs (one for my King Ranch and one for my wife's Flex) if she'd give me the same price that I paid for with my Mustang Shelby.

She wouldn't go for it so I told her "see ya, wouldn't wanna BE YA!"

EDIT: Oh yeah, I was going to put this in my first post but forgot. The couple that told me about Sirius life-time subs said they got one for his truck but they aren't available anymore. That was about 6 months before I got my lifetime sub for my Shelby. So SOMEONE is telling people that Sirius doesn't sell lifetime subs anymore. You're the SECOND person that's told me that....

Phill

• 1 year later...

For the past few days, my Sirius (factory installed) has been flaky. I can get a channel for a minute or two, then it goes to "Aquiring" and then to "No Signal". After a while, it comes back, and a minute or two later, goes through the same thing again. I can switch to AM or FM and everything is fine.

Anyone else had this issue? Wondering if there might be a lose wire somewhere on the antenna?

This problem started happening again. Any ideas on what to look for?

Does it go on and off while you are driving through scenery changed / weather conditions or is it inconsistent like "Hey I'm sitting at a stop light, oh my favorite song on a clear day! Damnit, its gone."

I have satellite radio through Dish Network on my TV's and usually if it cuts out randomly I can attribute it on their end not my end. That is, of course, stationary.

Its just random, but more often than not, it just doesn't keep the signal.

Driving along the interstate this morning, with no obstructions and a clear view of the sky, it went to "Acquiring" for about 30 seconds, then went to "No Signal". After about 20 minutes, I just switched to the FM band. A few minutes later, went back to Sat, and it did the Acquiring/No Signal thing again.

Had a similar issue on Friday. It was bouncing between Acquiring/No Signal for about 15 minutes. I have a phone number programmed in my phone to dial the Sirius activation line, followed by about a 10 second pause, then send my ESN. Dialed that and after about 15 minutes I had a steady signal again, but that was just as I was pulling into my garage. Yesterday, I was driving around and it was working fine. Then today, nothing.

Like I said, this has been happening off and on ever since I bought this car. I've never had ANY issues with Sirius in the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived