TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wilwood Brakes

bnoslo

I know the Wilwood big brake kits are new to shelby, but is there any possibilty to get them in more than just the 3 color options listed already? I am asking because i would like a set in the yellow like the Baer kits have. Would like any info, even if they are available to be custom ordered too. Thanks

I can look into it, but I seem to remember getting shot down on that in the past.

I have some yellow Baer kits in stock, BTW!

Jer

Thanks Jer, that's good to know about the Bears in stock, but the main reason i was asking was the price point. I have a shelby gt, like you except black, and don't have endless pockets, so when i saw the new Wilwood kits were so much more affordable i figured i would ask about any other color options.

Jer,

Can you please post pics and pricing info on the F&R yellow Baer kits. Thanks!

Jer,

Can you please post pics and pricing info on the F&R yellow Baer kits. Thanks!

If you never plan on tracking the car Baer drilled and slotted rotors will work fine. Two track days at the 2011 bash minor rotor damage, two track days Pomona 2012 front rotors toast badly warped. Tried to replace with slotted only. Bare will only ship MIN. 3 sets of slotted replacement rotors. 700.00 to replace rotors with drilled and slotted, the pads had almost no wear quick sanding and they are fine. Now that I have a 13; the 07 will not see the track again it will be fine for the street running the Baer system. The 13 is going to get Wilwoods Slotted only when the time comes.

Glen

Here's the info: http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Extreme-Brakes-p/4261112.htm

There will be a price adjustment/sale soon on certain colors only (Yellow WILL be one of them).

Jer

Thanks for the heads up Jer, any price adjustment or sale on the Baer kits is very welcome news.

Sly, the ONLY razors the Baer kits will fit are the 20" wheels with the +24 offset, believe me, i checked out all the others myself just in case. Even the new 20' razors on the american muscle that have the +30 offset won't fit any big brake kits. They changed the spoke design so there's no clearance for any larger caliper, and no clearance if the caliper is moved like if you were to get a front eradispeed kit that uses the stock caliper. Pretty stupid if you ask me. There's another post on this issue by another member here, but i can't remember where or by who.

Shelby has only EVER used +24MM offset Razors for just that reason.

From CS8 to Terlingua, Mod Shop Shelby GT cars... all +24MM.

Jer

Thanks for the heads up Jer, any price adjustment or sale on the Baer kits is very welcome news.

Yup, gonna be very cool.

Jer

Jer, i forgot to ask before, but can you give any other details on what will be offered for discount/sale? Such as if it will be the extreme brakes or pro+ 6 piston, just the front, or both front and rear, etc.... Anything you can tease us all with.

Here's the info: http://www.shelbysto...s-p/4261112.htm

There will be a price adjustment/sale soon on certain colors only (Yellow WILL be one of them).

Jer

Wow, $7500 for a set of brakes. I'm *really* glad I bought mine when I did (both at sale prices).

I paid about half of that, if I remember correctly. Hmm, okay, just over half.

WOW.

I should probably mount them rather than let them sit in the corner looking pretty! <lol>

Or sell/trade them for a set of Wilwoods.

Phill (just THINKING out loud!)

Jer, i forgot to ask before, but can you give any other details on what will be offered for discount/sale? Such as if it will be the extreme brakes or pro+ 6 piston, just the front, or both front and rear, etc.... Anything you can tease us all with.

It will be ALL IN-STOCK Baer brakes. Mostly Baer Extreme + 6 piston fronts and rears.

There will also be many other items from our warehouse. I'm in "Spring Cleaning Mode" a bit early...

Jer

I'm in "Spring Cleaning Mode" a bit early...

For The Bash?

I mean, will we be able to purchase SPP items during the bash without doing the 'call in' thing to purchase?

TIA,

Phill (getting closer to "GO status")

For The Bash?

I mean, will we be able to purchase SPP items during the bash without doing the 'call in' thing to purchase?

TIA,

Phill (getting closer to "GO status")

Still kicking around possibilities, Phil. Our retail store and online parts business are two completely different software solutions, warehouses, etc.

Wish I could just open the warehouse door for everyone and get a cashier with a shotgun and a cigar box - THAT would be easy!

Jer

Still kicking around possibilities, Phil. Our retail store and online parts business are two completely different software solutions, warehouses, etc.

Wish I could just open the warehouse door for everyone and get a cashier with a shotgun and a cigar box - THAT would be easy!

Jer

No, I understand.

The issue of Sales Tax also comes up with direct point of sales. Mail order doesn't require sales tax (outside of NV) but ALL counter sales would. Oh, wait a second...Nevada doesn't have sales tax, does it?

Hmm. Never thought about that before.

Phill

No, I understand.

The issue of Sales Tax also comes up with direct point of sales. Mail order doesn't require sales tax (outside of NV) but ALL counter sales would. Oh, wait a second...Nevada doesn't have sales tax, does it?

Hmm. Never thought about that before.

Phill

No State Income Tax, but plenty of Sales Tax: 8.1%

There are MANY other hurdles, too. Wish it were easier!

Jer

Ok, getting back to the original topic of more available colors for the Wilwood brakes, who besides me and EL SHELBY would like more colors, and what would you like to see? This way Jer can get and idea of who may want what, and maybe something may end up happening. Hey, it worked for the Alcoas!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, one last bump on this one after the madness from the latest Alcoa sale. Is there anybody else out here that would like to see a larger choice of caliper colors for the Wilwood brake kits? If so, tell us all what you'd like to see. Hope this actually gets some responses again!

Well, i see the total still stands at a big 2!!! C'mon everybody, who would like to see more colors?

We've got some work going on with Wilwood, I will be talking to them about it.

BTW, the Shelby Focus now sports Wilwood as Standard Equipment.

Jer

Wilwood has been a great partner, they are very open to new applications, ideas, etc...

Jer

Jer, i was curious if you could tell us the performance difference between the Wilwoods and the Baer extremes? I don't know anyone that can give me a first hand comparison, so i thought you might be able to explain it, that is if you have driven a car with the Wilwoods, i know your SC has the Baers.

Jer, i was curious if you could tell us the performance difference between the Wilwoods and the Baer extremes? I don't know anyone that can give me a first hand comparison, so i thought you might be able to explain it, that is if you have driven a car with the Wilwoods, i know your SC has the Baers.

Better question to ask is the performance difference between the willwoods and the 13 OEM brakes that no one appears to be able to speak educately on.

Archived