TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PIAA driving light

They measure 4" in diameter. Also, the light kit has generic manufacturers instructions but no specific Shelby instructions for installation on SGTs.

http://www.teamshelby.com/installation/bezel_lowershelbygt.pdf

Jer

donc/Jer

Thanks for the info. I have seen diameter measurement info from 3.5 to 4.0 now. I like the PIAA lights but to be honest I am trying to see if there is a suitable option which is less expensive. I would hate to have one damaged and replace at close to 200.00 for what is truly an asthetic more than functional/useful mod.

If I'm not mistaken I believe the brake duct opening is 3.5". I've wondered if it's possible to use a 3.5" light in that opening and then use the original light opening for the brake duct. Making a swap might cure the issue of using these with an intercooler.

PIAA has a 3.5" LED light that might work but they are priced at ~$300.

If I'm not mistaken I believe the brake duct opening is 3.5". I've wondered if it's possible to use a 3.5" light in that opening and then use the original light opening for the brake duct. Making a swap might cure the issue of using these with an intercooler.

PIAA has a 3.5" LED light that might work but they are priced at ~$300.

I want to say there was a thread on TS where someone did just that but it was with the discontinued fiberglass housing. The current plastic housing is the same as the original first generation plastic housing that has the brake duct intake grate/grille molded into the plastic housing so some modification to the housing would be needed.

Steve

The driving lights are more useful than most people think, they throw a LOT of light. Good for old guys with failing vision like me!

Jer

The driving lights are more useful than most people think, they throw a LOT of light. Good for old guys with failing vision like me!

Jer

Jer

Thanks for the info, there seems to be quite a bit of feedback to the opposite from the threads I have read on the forum. Many stated their experience with the actual light projected was disappointing (my understanding of their comments) and the asthetic was what drove them to the lights. I have not seen a set which was actually lit so I cannot judge for myself. That said I am sure that as with any light, the setup and aiming has a lot to do with it. I apreciate the info.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

i;ve noticed one of my lights is out.Do i just change the bulb or the whole light. I agree the lights are more cosmetic and i rarely used them. i would like to go led so they would be more useful. Where do you buy the bulbs for these lights, led and standard. Thanks.

Like others have stated, I was drawn to the PIAA lights mostly for the look. Now that they are installed I actually have noticed an increase in brightness for functional driving use-not a ton better but noticable. I use them all the time now. At dusk when I an using the running lights I also turn on the PIAA diving lights, with the headlamps off. I think its a pretty cool look.

i;ve noticed one of my lights is out.Do i just change the bulb or the whole light. I agree the lights are more cosmetic and i rarely used them. i would like to go led so they would be more useful. Where do you buy the bulbs for these lights, led and standard. Thanks.

http://www.piaa.com/...ogen-Bulbs.aspx

Currently out of stock...

BTW, Use Model# 15213 for a single bulb, but it's less cost-effective.

I'll keep my eye on this so we can get replacements to stock here at Shelby.

This page also has the specs, so if you want to seek out an H3 replacement LED solution, you will have that data to do your research with.

See below, they offer an LP530 (LED driving light) I'll get more info on. Stay tuned.

Jer

PIAA LP530 LED.PNG

PIAA LP530 LED.PNG

I have wanted to add this kit for a long time, just seems like a real pain and I would rather pay someone to do it that knows what they are doing. I wish there was another solution like maybe just one light hole and delete the brake cooling hole to make it simpler. Severa members have done this solution on there own. Still on the fense.

GG

• 2 weeks later...

I have wanted to add this kit for a long time, just seems like a real pain and I would rather pay someone to do it that knows what they are doing. I wish there was another solution like maybe just one light hole and delete the brake cooling hole to make it simpler. Severa members have done this solution on there own. Still on the fense.

GG

It's not as difficult as you might think, and if you're bringing it to any bodyshop, it's probably 2 hours MAX, for a first-timer. Someone who's done it before could knock it out in half that time.

Deleting the brake cooling hole would take maybe 5 minutes off that time, and we prefer to make things MORE functional whenever possible.

Jer

Archived