TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Always wanted to do it!

15modracer

Congrats on the show and the rebuild, it looks good and I like the underhood detail. Especially the stripe continuation under the hood. I also liked the stanchions you had set up around it. Great idea and one of those small details people remember. I also liked the tailights, its one of the mods I have considered but I want to see a set in person before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts guys! I was the same way on the lights Steve and was not going to do a spoiler but I really wanted more the 69-70 look....Alot of the purists don't like the mods but everyone else really seems to like it due to the fact it changes it so much over the rest of the mustangs you see around!!

I looked at the pictures again and this time noticed the black/gold cam covers. Are they painted or powdercoated? Any details would be great. I am going to buy a set of cam covers at some point and really would like to continue the VB color scheme under the hood but have not really found what I want yet. Yours are obviously custom and i'd like to hear any info on them.

Sorry Amigo my brain is'nt functioning, not understanding STB!! Steve I took stock covers off another motor then bead blasted and painted them!! I used PPG ( DBC basecoat and 2010 clear ) , Put down the Gold then taped it all off the way I wanted it and put down the black, unmasked and cleared!! Hope you get to do the Yellow Rose Classic El Shelby...Good luck!!

Sorry Amigo my brain is'nt functioning, not understanding STB!! Steve I took stock covers off another motor then bead blasted and painted them!! I used PPG ( DBC basecoat and 2010 clear ) , Put down the Gold then taped it all off the way I wanted it and put down the black, unmasked and cleared!! Hope you get to do the Yellow Rose Classic El Shelby...Good luck!!

Great info on the painting, I appreciate the insight. That is impressive you were able to tape it off and it looks perfect from what I saw in the pic. I will have to keep that procedure in mind if I can't find something I like. How has the paint and clear held up to the heat from the engine?

It's holding up great Steve! I was a little worried when I did it but as of yet I've had no problems! Thanks Blue Heaven for the slap upside the head on the strut brace and I really like the looks of yours..........I bought it when they had em on sale at the shelby store Amigo!!! Oh and Steve I wanted to correct the earlier post....I Put the black down first... My brain just is'nt functioning today!!!

It's holding up great Steve! I was a little worried when I did it but as of yet I've had no problems! Thanks Blue Heaven for the slap upside the head on the strut brace and I really like the looks of yours..........I bought it when they had em on sale at the shelby store Amigo!!! Oh and Steve I wanted to correct the earlier post....I Put the black down first... My brain just is'nt functioning today!!!

Very cool that the paint is holding up to the heat and no issues. Now I am very interested and will have to look into what is offered on the market vs what it would take to make something completely custom like yours. Mine is a DD so i will see about a used set of covers I can prep and have painted then swap and not be without a car for a significant amount of time.

I do like going to car shows and being able to have 0645 different from any other S-GT out there and this might be one of those mods to do. I appreciate all the details and info.

Your welcome Steve, glad to help!! Bmanns the tail light panel is Cervinis but I did'nt want the tall ducktail that they offer...I found this one at CDC ( Classic Design Concepts), I think American muscle sells it as does a few other places but it is procuced by CDC and is a pretty easy install with a great fit and not much prep for paint........The price is really great to compared to comperable tails!!

Archived