TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Well?

EL SHELBY

Not that I could afford a set but, when will we see a Shelby version?

http://www.wilwood.c...on=Shelby GT500

The answer's in your question... LOL...

If enough people COULD, and there was a real demand, I'd make it happen.

Jer

The answer's in your question... LOL...

If enough people COULD, and there was a real demand, I'd make it happen.

Jer

WHIMP! :hysterical:

Not even for the mighty 1000? I would think that if any Shelby needed them....

If they did they would probably cost $17,162.39...lol

Sorry, ya lost me on that one.

:shrug:

Jer

Jer you make the super snake. You make the shelby 1000. You make the wide body kit. All these are thousands of dollars. I'm sure if you made carbon ceramic brakes that cost 10-12k front and rear people would buy them. The zr1 which are the ferrari 458 and enzo carbon cermaic brakes cost 14k for both front and rear so 7k each. I doubt shelby or any aftermarket could match the quality of brembo carbon ceramic hence why I say it should be around 10k for both front and rear.

Again the max price they should be 1.5x more than the best baer brakes which are 3k front and rear I believe? Otherwise no way in hell is it worth it. 9k max for the price.

Your suggested price drops with every post you make. By February you'll be recommending I include them free with a bowl of soup.

Jer

Your suggested price drops with every post you make. By February you'll be recommending I include them free with a bowl of soup.

Jer

Shoot Jer... This guy will by several and then offer them at a premium on ebay to offset the cost. :rolleyes:

Jer

Lol just trying to help you out Jer since you do a lot to help us out and I appreciate that. But ok if you make them and price them at 15k we'll see if people want an aftermarket set of brakes either as expensive or more expensive than OEM brembo zr1, enzo, and 458 brakes.

Though the bowl of soup is a nice touch.

Shoot Jer... This guy will by several and then offer them at a premium on ebay to offset the cost. :rolleyes:

Please don't kill this thread. I am actually interested in these possibly being made. Though if I had 30k in spare cash to buy "several" of these I'd rather go buy that new corvette.

P.S. I'm going to get flamed for saying i like the new corvette on a mustang forum :censored:

Please don't kill this thread. I am actually interested in these possibly being made. Though if I had 30k in spare cash to buy "several" of these I'd rather go buy that new corvette.

P.S. I'm going to get flamed for saying i like the new corvette on a mustang forum :censored:

I'm sorry... :petting:

Couldn't help myself... :fool:

Lol just trying to help you out Jer since you do a lot to help us out and I appreciate that. But ok if you make them and price them at 15k we'll see if people want an aftermarket set of brakes either as expensive or more expensive than OEM brembo zr1, enzo, and 458 brakes.

Jer

I haven't even BEGUN to think about pricing.

Jer

Would that be before, or after, you buy a GTR? :drop:

Would that be before, or after, you buy a GTR? :drop:

The new corvette makes the GTR look dated. Even though the GTR has way way better performance that corvette just looks like a 200k car :). All it needs is to be sent to katech for an upgrade to 600-650 N/A hp or supercharged if N/A can't be done from 450. some HREs. and a caravaggio interior and its the perfect car.

I doubt shelby or any aftermarket could match the quality of brembo carbon ceramic hence why I say it should be around 10k for both front and rear.

Some times I wonder what your thought process is. Brembo is already making the front caliper for the 2013 GT500. Why wouldn't it be as easy to go back to Brembo for the rotor and pads to utilize the caliper that Brembo has already designed and installed on the car. Ford Racing is already selling a two piece rotor for the 2013 cars, so the engineering for the rotor hat and caliper is done. All you need is the Brembo carbon ceramic rotor designed to fit the Ford Racing/Brembo hat and carbon ceramic pads for the front axle. The rear axle is going to take a lot more engineering to do. At that point it may be hard to get Brembo interested, but this would be the first company I would have a conversation with, since they are so well known for their carbon ceramic brakes and 50% of the engineering for the car is already done if I was Shelby.

My thoughts on how to get Brembo involved with the rear brakes is the axle housing would have to be seriously modified to accept C-Clip eliminator axles. What I mean by this is the axle bearing end of the housing would have to be removed and a new bearing housing welded on with the proper flange to support the brake caliper brackets, plus hold the axle into the housing without the C-Clips. By doing this you would be able to limit end play of the axle to make Brembo happy and willing to mount a caliper rigidly to the axle. The reason Brembo hasn't wanted to do anything with the rear brakes on these cars from the things I've read is the current axle retention method for the axle allows to much end play. This is turn pushes the pistons back into the caliper too far while driving and causes slow brake response when the next brake application is needed. The bolt on C-Clip eliminator kits will not work for everyday use or somebody interested in doing road racing or auto cross events. I'd be very interested in somebody building a stronger 8.8" housing with a Wavetrac Diff with 33 spline C-Clip eliminator axles and the availability to utilize either carbon ceramic or standard two piece rotors and 4 piston mono-block calipers that still has a parking brake assembly.

The new corvette makes the GTR look dated. Even though the GTR has way way better performance that corvette just looks like a 200k car :). All it needs is to be sent to katech for an upgrade to 600-650 N/A hp or supercharged if N/A can't be done from 450. some HREs. and a caravaggio interior and its the perfect car.

The baseline Corvette is supposed to be 450 Hp. I'd wait a year to see what Chevy will come up with in the Hp upgrades. I doubt that they will not build another 500+ hp version in the future

The baseline Corvette is supposed to be 450 Hp. I'd wait a year to see what Chevy will come up with in the Hp upgrades. I doubt that they will not build another 500+ hp version in the future

Oh I'm sure they will. I think the zo6 came a year later when the c6 was introduced? That would be plenty. But in my previous post that you commented on, yes I agree brembo would be the first place to start but I just assumed if they wanted to do it they would have already. It took them this long just to make a 2 piece rotor for the gt500 and we only got a front pair. Still waiting for that rear pair. If I was shelby if carbon ceramics can't be done I would make a deal with brembo to get that 2 piece set in the rear to work instead of going with willwood or baer.

I'd be perfectly happy with those willwoods already offered but I still see no evidence that they are better than the current 2013 gt500 brakes. Also I'd need to see evidence of the weight lose since that is extremely important and pretty much the main reason for using carbon ceramics since they are overkill on the street. I know with mclaren their steel rotors are actually lighter than their carbon ceramics. If shelby or ford racing could make a complete front and rear brembo replacement rotors that are lighter and more efficient in stopping power than the current set up they would have an extremely hot seller. Plus it would be very affordable since it is only a rotor swap and not a whole system. Or if they want they can find a way to make a 4 piston brembo in the rear and charge a bit more.

Thats odd when I posted a while back that the GT500's should have CC brakes and Rotors you said they weren't any good..now you would get them

for your car!!!...you read way to much boy and know nothing!!.... :confused:

I haven't even BEGUN to think about pricing.

Jer

One of the advantages about the CC brakes is that you get very little brake dust even on the rims..to me that alone is worth the money..hope you go

with it on the Shelby's...big weight saving also.

Archived