TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Dash Plaques Are Now Available!

Jer

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer,

I ordered one on August 18, 2012 and have yet to receive anything. I paid $189.99 at that time and was billed for it as it was a 'special order'.

Kameron recently emailed me that mine was still on order but now I wonder, do I get the billet aluminum version with a stamp or ??

And, what about the price reduction? I paid double.

Ted

It sounds like you paid for one with the autopen signature. Is that correct?

If so, your cost works out - these plaques are now sold for less, but Carroll's signature will cost someone an extra $75 + shipping if they decide to send it to the Foundation for the autopen when they receive it.

Jer

So when you order the blank one you get nothing that authenticates it correct?

However if you want the autopen signature you need to send it in separately and pay the extra $75 donation, correct?

Yes, that is correct. The Foundation will issue a COA for the autopen signature if you go that route.

Jer

It sounds like you paid for one with the autopen signature. Is that correct?

If so, your cost works out - these plaques are now sold for less, but Carroll's signature will cost someone an extra $75 + shipping if they decide to send it to the Foundation for the autopen when they receive it.

Jer

Jer,

I think it is in shipment now. I just got a notification from FedEx. As far as I can remember I think it was a laser etched plaque. Looking at the receipt you can't tell.

I will let you know what shows up.

Thanks

Ted

Unfortunately, no. If you want the autopen signature, order a blank one, and send it to the Foundation once you receive it.

When SPP was in the middle of this transaction, the wait times were VERY long - we shipped in batches, and that creates a HUGE delay to the customer.

I actually changed the procedure to make the process FASTER for you.

Jer

OK, thanks for the reason behind that and it makes sense since I see someone else has been waiting since August.

Grabber - I bought a couple of windbreaker type jackets a couple of years ago while I was in Vegas. I bought a gray one to go with my vapor silver 08 and an orange one for my wife. These were just about the last ones they had in the store at the time. I love wearing mine in the spring and fall.

Jer,

No autopen, mine looks like a two piece aluminum unit. Top is 1/8" thick brushed and the base is black. The signature looks stamped.

I think it is a new model. It is definitely nicer than the one I bought for my '10. It was a plastic base and a thin aluminum sheet glued on the base.

Here are links to photos of the new one I got today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42iyils84kdfdz2/2013-01-10%2018.20.54.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghacaqfazooomra/2013-01-10%2018.20.38.jpg

Ted

Jer,

No autopen, mine looks like a two piece aluminum unit. Top is 1/8" thick brushed and the base is black. The signature looks stamped.

I think it is a new model. It is definitely nicer than the one I bought for my '10. It was a plastic base and a thin aluminum sheet glued on the base.

https://www.dropbox....10 18.20.54.jpg

https://www.dropbox....10 18.20.38.jpg

Ted

That looks really good Ted.

Jer,

https://www.dropbox....10 18.20.54.jpg

https://www.dropbox....10 18.20.38.jpg

Ted

Ted,

Yup, that's the current stamped one.

Drop me an email at JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com, we'll work it out, I'll take care of you.

Thanks!

Jer

I am glad the dash plaques are back, but I am also very surprised! When I was at the Las Vegas facility between Christmas and New Year, I asked the tour guide if GT500 dash plaques would ever be back? His reply was "no", due to people modifying the plaques to fool people into thinking they are buying a Super Snake. Again...I am glad they are back, I ordered one yesterday after checking the SPP web site for new stuff. I just though I would get solid infomation from the Las Vegas tour...???

Yup, that's the current stamped one.

Drop me an email at JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com, we'll work it out, I'll take care of you.

Yes, it does look very nice. Very big improvment over the previous version. I also checked how it fits on my console, the cutout is slightly offset so the plaque sits centered nicely with the shifter opening. Perfect!

Thanks Jer, once again you step up and and look out for us.

I am glad the dash plaques are back, but I am also very surprised! When I was at the Las Vegas facility between Christmas and New Year, I asked the tour guide if GT500 dash plaques would ever be back? His reply was "no", due to people modifying the plaques to fool people into thinking they are buying a Super Snake. Again...I am glad they are back, I ordered one yesterday after checking the SPP web site for new stuff. I just though I would get solid infomation from the Las Vegas tour...???

I'll make sure the tour guides get the news. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jer

Glad to see these available! I've really wanted to get one, but was kinda turned off by the high price, and especially, the many negative reviews regarding shipping times for the previous ones! The $99 price tag is much more reasonable for me, so I think I'll be ordering one very soon!

I also enjoy seeing the posts about how you guys feel about these cars! Owning a Shelby GT500 has always been a dream of mine, but was pretty much relegated to the "when I win the lottery" department. I know it sounds really corny, but the last thing I do at night before going to bed is to turn on the garage lights, and peek out the blinds, just to make sure my Shelby is really there!

I had an electrician over this weekend to scope out a little job I'm going to have him do in the house, and before he left, he said he could take a look at our outlet situation in the garage. When he stepped into the garage, I could hear him gasp, and say "Oh wow, is that a real one?" I assumed that by asking that question, he must have come across a few not so real ones! He just happened to be a huge Mustang fan, and needless to say, the resulting conversation, and car inspection, went on for quite some time! LOL!

I may have missed it, but how long does it take to get the autopen signature on the plaque?

We don't do the autopen signature here.

For that, you would send it to the Carroll Shelby Foundation after you receive it. Any questions about lead time would have to be answered by them.

Their contact info is available at www.cscf.org

Jer

From our website, where the order is placed:

Availability: Usually Ships in 4 to 6 Weeks

This used to be many many months, BTW, as I'm sure many people here will testify.

We got it down to this time frame with some serious reworking to our procedure here.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

Archived