TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Dash Plaques Are Now Available!

Jer

Exclusively for Shelby GT500 owners, these dash plaques are made from 6061 billet aluminum and each model comes in two versions: one has Carroll Shelby's signature stamped into the aluminum, the other leaves that area blank - perfect for sending to the Carroll Shelby Foundation for an autopen signature.

For more information on their signature program, go to: http://www.cscf.org/donate/get-carrolls-autograph/

Applications: Only available for Shelby GT500 Mustangs. You must provide your VIN number with order and it will be verified. If your VIN does not match, your order will be canceled.

For 2007-2009 GT500 Dash Plaque, go HERE: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/KIT-SP-DPGT500.htm

For 2010-2013 GT500 Dash Plaque, go HERE: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/KIT-SP-DPGT5002010.htm

Jer

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great idea Jer.

Had to be done. The old method of ordering and fulfillment was a MESS.

I adjusted the price pretty significantly, too.

Jer

So whats the difference between the stamped signature and sending it to the foundation for autopen? I know the foundation will use 3 has marks and comes with a certificate. I also see that the stamp comes with the 2 hash marks. Is one signature "better" than the other??

I also see that there is no price difference between the two - is that correct?? However I like the $99 price!!

So whats the difference between the stamped signature and sending it to the foundation for autopen? I know the foundation will use 3 has marks and come with a certificate. what does the stamp signature look like?

Well, it's stamped into the surface, like an engraving. Shelby GT cars came this way from the factory. See the product page for the photo of the stamped one.

The autopen version would get you an authorized Carroll Shelby signature from the autopen machine, so it would be a Sharpie marker on the surface.

Jer

So whats the difference between the stamped signature and sending it to the foundation for autopen? I know the foundation will use 3 has marks and come with a certificate. what does the stamp signature look like?

The pic shows the stamp has 2 tic's in the signature. It appears to look like the stamped version that was in the KR's. See the link:

http://www.shelbysto...-SP-DPGT500.htm

Just ordered my dash plaque! C'MON SPRING!!! :drool:

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Thanks for making this happen Jer!

I hear ya on wanting Spring to arrive. The one thing about this car is the smile it puts on my face just knowing that I own one and seeing it in the garage. My wife and I both feel so blessed to each own one. I have had mine for 6 years now....and the excitement is still the same as the day I got it. Funny thing is that everything I have done to it makes it unique and mine. I have no desire whatsoever to ever get rid of it. It's like the car is a part of my DNA.

jer comes thru again

SA is so fortunate to have Jer on board. To have a car guy running the parts dept that is truly one of us and down to earth on our level is what makes buying from him a true pleasure. There is trust and faith in what he is doing and to see the commitment that he has in helping us all get what we want is truly what we all wanted.

OK, I'm blushing now!!

Seriously, though, guys, thanks for the support. It's a pleasure to be able to help my fellow Shelby fanatics enjoy their cars to the fullest.

Some things are harder to pull off than others, but I'm always gonna try my best for you.

Jer

Our inside joke here is that my gravestone will be coated in DuraBright-C and have a plaque on it with my CSM and VIN number.

Jer

I hear ya on wanting Spring to arrive. The one thing about this car is the smile it puts on my face just knowing that I own one and seeing it in the garage. My wife and I both feel so blessed to each own one. I have had mine for 6 years now....and the excitement is still the same as the day I got it. Funny thing is that everything I have done to it makes it unique and mine. I have no desire whatsoever to ever get rid of it. It's like the car is a part of my DNA.

Grabber, I NOW know exactly what you mean.

The other day I was with my wife at a restaurant for dinner and the waiter noticed my GT 500 jacket / shirt. He asked me if I was an owner or did I just like the cars. I told him that I WAS an owner. He said he had a friend that had a GT 500 KR and that was HIS dream car. I told him that mine was just a plain old GT 500, nothing special. I showed him a picture and we talked for a minute. When he left, my wife said, "Why would you say it's just a plain old GT 500? There's nothing PLAIN about that car! " I didn't think my wife had that kind of opinion about my car.

Reading your post really hit home and I will NEVER refer to my car as PLAIN. Thanks for reminding me how special and unique our cars are to us! :rockon:

SA is so fortunate to have Jer on board. To have a car guy running the parts dept that is truly one of us and down to earth on our level is what makes buying from him a true pleasure. There is trust and faith in what he is doing and to see the commitment that he has in helping us all get what we want is truly what we all wanted.

PLUS 1,000 on this! :happy feet:

Jer 's coming has been a breath of fresh air.

Well done Jer! :worship: :worship::worship:

The other day I was with my wife at a restaurant for dinner and the waiter noticed my GT 500 jacket / shirt. He asked me if I was an owner or did I just like the cars. I told him that I WAS an owner. He said he had a friend that had a GT 500 KR and that was HIS dream car. I told him that mine was just a plain old GT 500, nothing special. I showed him a picture and we talked for a minute. When he left, my wife said, "Why would you say it's just a plain old GT 500? There's nothing PLAIN about that car! " I didn't think my wife had that kind of opinion about my car.

Reading your post really hit home and I will NEVER refer to my car as PLAIN. Thanks for reminding me how special and unique our cars are to us! :rockon:

Right on my Shelby Brother !

Is there a way to have these shipped to CSF and then to me for the signature and COA? It seems like a long time to wait then add in the shipping times for both. Just a thought I had.

Unfortunately, no. If you want the autopen signature, order a blank one, and send it to the Foundation once you receive it.

When SPP was in the middle of this transaction, the wait times were VERY long - we shipped in batches, and that creates a HUGE delay to the customer.

I actually changed the procedure to make the process FASTER for you.

Jer

When SPP was in the middle of this transaction, the wait times were VERY long - we shipped in batches, and that creates a HUGE delay to the customer.

I actually changed the procedure to make the process FASTER for you.

Jer,

I ordered one on August 18, 2012 and have yet to receive anything. I paid $189.99 at that time and was billed for it as it was a 'special order'.

Kameron recently emailed me that mine was still on order but now I wonder, do I get the billet aluminum version with a stamp or ??

And, what about the price reduction? I paid double.

Ted

I love wearing the GT500 jacket it usually starts a conversation quite often. It is just now when someone asks do you own a Shelby; I respond "no" (pregnant pause) I have 2. LOL.

Yes both cars are special to us as well. Back in 08 when we got the 1st shelby we left our 02 mustang gt behind. I am kicking myself to this day for leaving that car behind. We have decided No Mustangs will ever be left behind again; they are all special.

Archived