TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 or 2013

SGT-C0056

If you want an LS, I would get the 2013... But if you want a non-LS, then I would pick the 2012... Of course, if you want a year-specific color or Sync/Track Apps, then you have to make the choice yourself... Otherwise, there is nothing "performance" wise different between the two years

Pretty much the only thing I don't like about the '13's is the front. Too much like all the other Mustangs. The track apps feature looks entertaining. Colors and stripes is really the big differentiator.

Here's mine with a friend's up at the end of my street for comparison of the front. Note mine has the 302S grill and a custom lower grill along with the brake ducts.

BringingtheBossbacktothestreets.jpg

I think the 13's look more aggressive. If I had a choice, I would go with the 13'!

+1. I prefer the 13's front end. I also like the Boss in school bus yellow, which was not available on the '12.

If I were to nitpick on the '12 vs '13 Boss2s,

I prefer the front end of the '12s over the 13's. I like both stripe versions but on the '12s I don't care for the white roofs (I don't mind the black roofs but would prefer body color instead).

However with regards to the LS, the 12's bold red paint accents is too much for my tastes so the '13s would be my choice.

At the end of the day they're all pretty cool and an upgrade to the GT in either year or color combo.

The 2013 has better cooling because of the hood and front end design, 2013 colors are cooler, 2013 has nice gadgets and plus the 2013 stripes are a nicer design.

I still like the 2012's but obviously I like the 2013's more since thats what I picked.

2012 Boss will be in my garage at some point along side my Shelby. The 12 looks like the 69/70 which is important to me.

IMO Ford ruined the 13 line up by using the Shelby like nose for all models

Then again I prefer the 05-09 body style of all other S197's

Stewarbc, love the pics and no i havent driven one yet. I need to. I have owned two nice Shelby's and may own another one later, but want a good track car with power. I like the rear end and the painted rocker panels of the 13. I also like the HID lights. I love all the colors, but to be perfectly honest, my favorite model and color is the 12 Kona Blue and since thats a 12 only color, looks like a 12 for me next year

2012 Boss will be in my garage at some point along side my Shelby. The 12 looks like the 69/70 which is important to me.

IMO Ford ruined the 13 line up by using the Shelby like nose for all models

Then again I prefer the 05-09 body style of all other S197's

I agree

SGT-C0056, Yes, I almost got the Kona Blue as I wanted a 12 only color, however, I am an Orange fanatic too(I seem to recall you had a Grabber Orange Shelby at one time or another). If you are near or in the DFW area, I will let you drive my Boss. Just PM me if you want.....

SGT-C0056, Yes, I almost got the Kona Blue as I wanted a 12 only color, however, I am an Orange fanatic too(I seem to recall you had a Grabber Orange Shelby at one time or another). If you are near or in the DFW area, I will let you drive my Boss. Just PM me if you want.....

Yes I did (as my signature staes) and I miss that car very much. I loved my Hertz, But I wished I would of kept the GO...it was fast and a 5 speed. Probably why I want a Boss, 6 speed and 100+ HP more than the GO.

If i happen to be in the area, i will take you up on your offer, thanks.

Louis

Louis, that GO Shelby you had was awesome. I wish you still had it, I'd try to buy it from you!

There are two new Boss's up here in the area way under MSRP ----- both brand new. One in GHIG, one Race Red. PM me for details and contact if you are interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the fact that the '012 has the small block GT front. The '013 has the same nose as the GT500. I just like the '012 nose better. More aggressive to my eyes.

I really like the '012 black LS. Very sharp and striking.

I like the '013 School bus yellow LS but there are alot of them around now as "everyone" wants this color and aside from black it is the only other LS color I can find in a '013. I like the yellow it but I would prefer a Red or Grabber Blue LS but I can't find any.

I like the fact that the '012 has the small block GT front. The '013 has the same nose as the GT500. I just like the '012 nose better. More aggressive to my eyes.

I really like the '012 black LS. Very sharp and striking.

I like the '013 School bus yellow LS but there are alot of them around now as "everyone" wants this color and aside from black it is the only other LS color I can find in a '013. I like the yellow it but I would prefer a Red or Grabber Blue LS but I can't find any.

REAL ONE,

As you have observed, School Bus Yellow (SBY) is indeed the most popular 2013 Boss 302 color produced (see matrix mid-page on the link below posted by PTRocks). Black and SBY were the only colors offered on the 2013 LS (other than a couple of one offs). However, there are only (approximately) 250 SBY LS's total, which makes it rather limited. The approximate 750 total MY 2013 LS's (Black and SBY) are immediately physically distinguishable from a regular Boss by their stripe configuration and bright wheels.

http://bossmustangso...topic=1324.2620

Edit: Link

Either one, it makes me smile just to look at it! Clarisa loves the Hertz because of the automatic ease in traffic, Love the S-GT-C because of the color uniqueness , the 500 for its Brass Knuckles, but my LS would be the one I would keep if the others had to go!

Doc Scott

Archived