TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil weight and oil brand

skunkya

I am using Motorcraft 5w-50 and K&N oil filters. But after reading that thread I might be changing the oil up. I run Qiaker State in all my other cars for the most part. I am just trying to figure out if the 50 weight is too heavy or not. ( and damn hard to find here in central texas) The motorcraft is too expensive, about a dollar cheaper than Royal Purple per quart.

Do all oil threads on all forums lead to Unleashthebeast? :shrug:

I use motorcraft and ford racing filter. It is changed every 3k to 5k miles.

I think its just he does so much reseach in the oil industry his info is in balck and white.

Its just like doing upgrades to our cars, why not leave the factory tune in the car. Cause you can do better and get more power. The same has to do with the oil. The factory fill is good and will do but when you can do better, why not. We always want the best and its that strive for it that keeps us driving for it in every product we decide to put on or use in our Shelby's. Also what drives the after market to keep improving, we keep buying.

Look at the oil seperators. Many have a certain model but when a few have had better results with another and show it....well there we go tradding up and spending the money again. Or in my case when Shelby comes out with their own I sit on the edge of the couch waiting for it to be shown. :shrug:

So let me ask why are you running RP in the diff and tranny and not Ford?

My 08 gt500 runs 5w50 castrol edge....With fords racing oil filter I have no problems with 49k kms and counting..20% racing each season track and highway...... CHANGE EVERY 3500..4000 KMS without fail...Stored for the winter months

Its just like doing upgrades to our cars, why not leave the factory tune in the car. Cause you can do better and get more power. The same has to do with the oil. The factory fill is good and will do but when you can do better, why not. We always want the best and its that strive for it that keeps us driving for it in every product we decide to put on or use in our Shelby's. Also what drives the after market to keep improving, we keep buying.

Look at the oil seperators. Many have a certain model but when a few have had better results with another and show it....well there we go tradding up and spending the money again. Or in my case when Shelby comes out with their own I sit on the edge of the couch waiting for it to be shown. :shrug:

So let me ask why are you running RP in the diff and tranny and not Ford?

You are absolutely correct and I am certainly guilty of looking to improve on my car too. Considering I have used other aftermarket fluids I don't know why I have never questioned that there might be a better engine oil. Please don't convince me to go out and buy a better oil. :drop:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived