TEAM SHELBY FORUM

325 v 319

This has been discussed with no firm answer. It's my assumption that nothing was changed in the tune. Only that the SAE Standards where applied in laters years which resulted in a lower HP rating. There were several manufactures that changed the HP ratings, both up and down, of their engines once they chose to apply the SAE Standards.

For what it's worth...here is the link.

http://www.teamshelb...gs/page__st__20

Start reading at post #40 the comments from "Bestia27". Great history on the SGT development from the guys who built them.

Edit: See post #99 for your exact question to A.J...his answer comes in post #101.

Andy.

Thank you for the link. But I thought I had read somewhere that Ford did make a slight change to the tune between 2006 and 2007. This states it was just the difference between dynos. Did Ford make any changes to the tune and if so why? Longevity?

Everything is the same - except the math used to calculate. As stated in the above mentioned post:

"The SGT had to be certified (pre-title car) hence the 319HP comes from the fed's dyno. The GT-H (post-title car) was dyno-ed at Ford in Michigan and it didn't have to be a certified number. So the truth is somewhere between and around those numbers. And on top of that California cars got a slightly different tune that was a couple HP less than the 49 state tune..."

I also have a comparison test wherein a 2007 SGT dyno'd at 335 HP.

Everything is the same - except the math used to calculate. As stated in the above mentioned post:

"The SGT had to be certified (pre-title car) hence the 319HP comes from the fed's dyno. The GT-H (post-title car) was dyno-ed at Ford in Michigan and it didn't have to be a certified number. So the truth is somewhere between and around those numbers. And on top of that California cars got a slightly different tune that was a couple HP less than the 49 state tune..."

So as stated the difference was between the two dynos and not in the tunes. This is consistent since the CAI kit from FRPP doesn't state a difference either. By the way, you can see differences of more than 6HP on any given day or weeks even on the same dyno.

But I'm not sure about the California statement since I thought the '08s at least were 50 state compliant.

there was a slight change in the 08s.....one that required a separate certification, one that was never done for the Paxtons, hence the lack of ability to have a Paxton put on an 08...

SAI only put them on the 06s and 07s.......legally......

Jim Clark may be able to recollect this situation more accurately then I as his car sat in Vegas while this issue was discovered and ultimately hashed out........

Jim..........

there was a slight change in the 08s.....one that required a separate certification, one that was never done for the Paxtons, hence the lack of ability to have a Paxton put on an 08...

SAI only put them on the 06s and 07s.......legally......

Jim Clark may be able to recollect this situation more accurately then I as his car sat in Vegas while this issue was discovered and ultimately hashed out........

Jim..........

Oh yeah, that was some kind of carbon (charcoal) filter in the air box. But that had to do with the supercharger changing the air box, and not the basic FRPP CAI kit...

correct me if I am wrong but I believe a paxton cannot be installed on a 07 now as it will not meet CARB certification and SAI will not install anything that does not meet CARB even if you do not live in the land of fruits and nuts on the left coast, aka California.

Paxton is NOT available for 2007 either. The Paxton CARB cert is only good on 2006 cars. Some (few) 2007 were done with Paxton before the cert was pulled.

The magic number has always been the 319 for both the hertz cars and the SGT. The 325 was hype, just as the 375 HP rating of the Terlingua. There has never been a stock one with 375.

Concur, I personally checked with Paxton and they confirmed they could not meet certification for the 2007 SGT. And SAI will not install, even if you do not live in the land of fruits and nuts on the left coast, aka California.

Can anyone explain whythe GTH was a (post title) and why the SGT is a pre title a little clearer?

In a nutshell....

(a) whythe GTH was a (post title): Hertz wanted to do it again. They bought cars and got them converted

(B) why the SGT is a pre title: The popularity of the Hertz with requests to Ford and dealers inspired them to create the SGT as a dealer car. Genius at work!!!

In a nutshell....

(a) whythe GTH was a (post title): Hertz wanted to do it again. They bought cars and got them converted

( B) why the SGT is a pre title: The popularity of the Hertz with requests to Ford and dealers inspired them to create the SGT as a dealer car. Genius at work!!!

+1 that pretty much sums it up

In a nutshell....

( B) why the SGT is a pre title: The popularity of the Hertz with requests to Ford and dealers inspired them to create the SGT as a dealer car. Genius at work!!!

Correct. Hertz purchased the Mustang GT's from Ford, Hertz paid SAI to convert.

Archived