TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought my wifey a new Grocery Getter

Listed for $39K. Got it for $35K. Wife absolutely loves the car. Jet black, 17 coats of Liquid Glass. It glows!!

post-36842-0-82131200-1356873903_thumb.jpg

Very nice looking sedan. I don't know much about BMW's. What year is hers. It looks new, but I thought they cost more than that. If used, how many miles were on it?

Very nice looking sedan. I don't know much about BMW's. What year is hers. It looks new, but I thought they cost more than that. If used, how many miles were on it?

It was a new 2011. We got it right at the end of 2011 as the new 2012 cars were beginning to fill up the lots. The new 328i cars are actually fairly reasonable if you don't get carried away with options. Right now, the USAA buying service price on a new 2012 with the same equipment as my wifes car (base car + premium package) is $36,130 (MSRP of $39,395). Add a bunch of whistles and bells and you can get close to $50K real quick.

It was a new 2011. We got it right at the end of 2011 as the new 2012 cars were beginning to fill up the lots. The new 328i cars are actually fairly reasonable if you don't get carried away with options. Right now, the USAA buying service price on a new 2012 with the same equipment as my wifes car (base car + premium package) is $36,130 (MSRP of $39,395). Add a bunch of whistles and bells and you can get close to $50K real quick.

Understood.

My wife loves all her bells and whistles. :happy feet:

Understood.

My wife loves all her bells and whistles. :happy feet:

Nothing wrong with whistles and bells. Makes driving more fun. Interestingly, I got my wife a new 2010 Fusion the year before we got the BMW. Despite all the hipe, it turned out to have some strange issues that Ford could not resolve. It made a strangle gurgling noise in the dash on occasion. Of more concern, was a loud noise and vibration that occurred at about 45 MPH in high gear. This began after a PCM reprogramming was done (a recall issue). Ford could not expain or fix either problem after repeated trips to the dealer. At the end, both the dealership service manager and Ford customer service admitted that the vibration problem was occurring with all 4 Cyl Fusions with AT that had the PCMs reprogrammed. They said the fix was not a high priority because it did not effect safety and driveability. Wife could not stand it anymore and thats why we switched to a BMW. She wanted nothing to do with any more Fords. Sad, because otherwise, the Fusion was a great car.

The 2nd year model runs seem to give the time needed for the bugs to get worked out on the cars. For example there were 12 TSB's on the 2012 Ford Focus. The 2013 only has one tire TSB for some extra flaps of rubber in between the treads on some of the continental tires. I am trusting that the 2013 Focus has most of all the bugs worked out.

I personally would not buy a 2015 Mustang until 2016. Just saying.

The 2nd year model runs seem to give the time needed for the bugs to get worked out on the cars. For example there were 12 TSB's on the 2012 Ford Focus. The 2013 only has one tire TSB for some extra flaps of rubber in between the treads on some of the continental tires. I am trusting that the 2013 Focus has most of all the bugs worked out.

I personally would not buy a 2015 Mustang until 2016. Just saying.

did only the 2012 eco boosts get recalled for possible fire issues or is it the 13s too?

did only the 2012 eco boosts get recalled for possible fire issues or is it the 13s too?

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 10, 2012 – Ford Motor Company today announced a corrective

action to address potential engine overheating that could result in engine fires in SE and SEL

models of the 2013 Ford Escape and Ford Fusion models equipped with 1.6-liter engines. The

vehicles were subjects of a voluntary safety recall announced Nov. 30.

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 10, 2012 – Ford Motor Company today announced a corrective

action to address potential engine overheating that could result in engine fires in SE and SEL

models of the 2013 Ford Escape and Ford Fusion models equipped with 1.6-liter engines. The

vehicles were subjects of a voluntary safety recall announced Nov. 30.

thanks....13s too!

My wife and I drive these in the winter. Beauty and the Beast.

Redlinetoys,

I had a 79 XLT Bronco, which was replaced in 1983 with another one (shortly after the Captains Chairs were stolen) and both were great short wheel base 4x4's. Towed my Ski Centurion with ease and never failed me in snow, sand or mud! A (comfy) beast indeed...

Congrats Rob & Tana.

My company vehicle (2006 Mountaineer) is getting a little long on the tooth (135k) and I'm really thinking of getting into a car...Ford has done a spectacular job with this car, and it is getting strong consideration from me...

One thing in closing....step away from the fenders, no stripes there Robbie

Cali,

We have/had multiple Explorers with 250,000 miles on them.

I had a 1991, puchased with 211,000 and when daughter wrecked it and 5 more years on the ticker, it had 315,000. I was going to fix it and drive it more but insurance wanted to total it.

Daughter now has our 1999 explorer, purchased with 140,000 on it and it has 240,000 and still running. Both of them have the 4.0.

Redlinetoys,

I had a 79 XLT Bronco, which was replaced in 1983 with another one (shortly after the Captains Chairs were stolen) and both were great short wheel base 4x4's. Towed my Ski Centurion with ease and never failed me in snow, sand or mud! A (comfy) beast indeed...

I still have a 71 and 72 Bronco. Love both these trucks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This 6 speed automatic transmission sure is acting up. Grinding, shuttering and slipping.

It goes into the shop tomorrow for this:

POWER TRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSION:LUBRICANT

• Date Reported SEPTEMBER 01 2013
    • NHTSA Reference #10054371
    • TSB Reference #ASI-44184

Description: FORD: TRANSMISSION FLUID LEAKED ON CLUTCH ASSEMBLY AND BY USING METAL PARTS CLEANER, CONTAINING 60% ACETONE OR 60% HEPTANE, EFFECTIVELY, WILL CLEAN FLUID. MODEL 2011-2014 FIESTA, FOCUS. *PE

Repair Information for NHTSA #10054371

POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    • Date Reported MARCH 11 2014
    • NHTSA Reference #10055320
    • TSB Reference #TSB-14-0047

Description: FORD: WHEN TAKING OFF FROM A STOP, USING LIGHT ACCELERATION, THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WOULD EXHIBIT AN INTERMITTENT TRANSMISSION SHUDDER AND MAY OR MAY NOT BE LEAKING TRANSMISSION FLUID FROM CLUTCH HOUSING. MODEL 2011-2014 FIESTA, FOCUS

Repair Information for NHTSA #10055320

• 7 months later...

Rob,

Any update on the transmission issue? I recently bought my wife a 2015 Focus SE with the 6-speed auto and hate to hear of the oil leak onto the clutch problem.

Also, do you have any jacking and jack stand support advice for changing oil and rotating tires? Perhaps you're in another Focus forum you would recommend? I haven't been able to find anything useful so far.

Randy

post-21919-0-38237500-1429214294_thumb.jpg

Archived