TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Prediction

39Mustang

With the rumor but in reality its probably Fact that FORD will take over production of the GT350 that leaves a void for SAI and at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show it says something about Shelby introducing an eco-boost car and I'm predicting a return of the Terlinqua powered by the eco-boost V6.

PLEASE NO Shelby pocket rockets so hopefully its the Terlinqua

I still think the best one I seen was in Dallas when I saw the Vista Blue one being built and I guess its the only one

Everything I've seen so far is rumor/speculation. if Ford starts building the 350, I'm pretty sure SAI will still make the SS, GTS and certainly an upfit package for the Ford built GT350. Maybe a GT350R? I dont see them bringing the Terlingua back, although I would love to see it. I missed out on the Terlingua, but had my GTS branded with some TRT graphics to show my love for them.

Everything I've seen so far is rumor/speculation. if Ford starts building the 350, I'm pretty sure SAI will still make the SS, GTS and certainly an upfit package for the Ford built GT350. Maybe a GT350R? I dont see them bringing the Terlingua back, although I would love to see it. I missed out on the Terlingua, but had my GTS branded with some TRT graphics to show my love for them.

article said Shelby to unveil eco-boost powered Mustang so that leaves the choices limited as no one will buy a SS V6, nor a GT350 V6, and so that leaves not much except the Terlinqua

That could easily be an extension of the current V6 GTS, which can be had with a supercharger now. If ford starts offering an Eco-boost V6 in the Mustang, then Shelby will obviously be working with/tweaking them. I do forsee a Shelby Focus. Call me crazy, but I see a time coming up when the base Mustang is running a turbo 4, the GT a turbo 6, and the GT500 carrying on with a V8.

• 1 month later...

Bringing back the Terlingua would require another licensing deal with TRE. Not that it cannot happen but highly, HIGHLY, doudt it. Shelby will only introduce a Ecoboosted Mustang when Ford finially offers an Ecoboosted Mustang which isn't going to happen until the '15 is unveiled. I've been out of the Mustang/Ford news as of late; is Ford planning to introduce the '15 in New York this year?

If Ford takes over the GT350 then I think it's a safe bet the days of the GT500 are over, which makes sense. I would be shocked if the 5.8L lived into '15 and it would be hard to sell a GT500 with a 5.0L. Sure, the power potential is there but once you've gone big it would a hard sell with a smaller displacement.

As for the pocket rockets that the Old Man was so fond of, too late. It's back!

Archived