TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS Sensors and Lug Nuts for Alcoas?

09 Red GT500

What are people doing for TPMS sensors for their new Alcoas? My car is a 2009 model and is equipped with the band style sensors. Does anyone have experience with any of the after market valve stem style sensors for 2007-2009 cars?

And what about lug nuts? I don't think the OEM lug nuts will look right with the Alcoas since they are kind of dull looking. Any recommendations for locking lug nuts?

Thanks in advance!

And what about lug nuts? I don't think the OEM lug nuts will look right with the Alcoas since they are kind of dull looking.

OEM lugnuts have stamped Stainless Steel covers on them.

You can polish SS to a super high luster with a buffing wheel and buffing rouge. I use a 8" wheel on my bench grinder and I can get a mirror finish on SS items. I've never tried it on my GT500 lugs but I've done it a bazillion times on SS items on my Harley's.

Shoot. Now, just for S&G's, I'm going to pull one and buff it out to see what I get.....

Phill

OEM lugnuts have stamped Stainless Steel covers on them.

You can polish SS to a super high luster with a buffing wheel and buffing rouge. I use a 8" wheel on my bench grinder and I can get a mirror finish on SS items. I've never tried it on my GT500 lugs but I've done it a bazillion times on SS items on my Harley's.

Shoot. Now, just for S&G's, I'm going to pull one and buff it out to see what I get.....

Phill

Letus know how it turns out & thanks for the info.

This will not work for 2007-2009. See http://www.fordracin...KeyField=22811.

They do work.

I currently have them on my 2007 SGT (been on for over a year) and they work fine.

I have not been over 155mph so can't vouch for that part

Not sure why FRPP says they will not work. But FRPP originally said their X brace and rear seat delete would not work with 2005-2009 years and now they say it will.

Archived