TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gauge Pod is in the house!

3ponies

The 08 GT500 Vert is sleeping for a few months but it's Christmas present is here! I am pumped to get this gauge pod installed in the spring! It looks great and excellent packing for shipping.

Thanks

487092_10151279902957866_217497425_n1.jpg

Congrats!

Enjoy it, and remember, if you're watching the Boost gauge, you're not hitting it hard enough.

:hysterical:

Jer

Congrats!

Enjoy it, and remember, if you're watching the Boost gauge, you're not hitting it hard enough.

:hysterical:

Jer

+1

When I took mine for a test drive for the first time, the previous owner said "when you see that needle on the boost jump, you better hang on!"

Glad SAI stuck with the CF gauges

+1

When I took mine for a test drive for the first time, the previous owner said "when you see that needle on the boost jump, you better hang on!"

Glad SAI stuck with the CF gauges

I asked, and the Shelby owners spoke up loud and clear!

It makes the product way harder to manage, but I agree that it's worth it.

Jer

I asked, and the Shelby owners spoke up loud and clear!

It makes the product way harder to manage, but I agree that it's worth it.

Jer

It was worth the wait for me. They are great and will be a real " Shelby Looker " Mod in the spring. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
\\

..... remember, if you're watching the Boost gauge, you're not hitting it hard enough. :hysterical:

LOL; I said something as much in another thread. I have a Ford Racing Vacuum/Boost gauge mounted in the far left HVAC vent with a Roush vent pod mount.

I'll be DAMNED if I have the time, just to get a quick GLANCE at it (let alone trying to actually ascertain, determine and compute what the number actually is then make the decision if it's too high or too low!) when I'm on the wood, at or near max. boost, all while I'm shifting gears, sawin' the wheel trying to keep her straight, between the lines, watching my rear/side mirrors AND in front of me looking for Johnny Law AND John Q. Public making a left or U-turn in front of me (and yes, have had BOTH occur).

I don't know about anyone else but I find it gets just a wee bit busy when 750+ HP hits you in the back of the head. When it was still at 540 it required my full attention but not nearly as much as it does now.

A Go-Pro mounted with one of the new headrest mounted bars (Revan Racing or VMP) seems like the perfect cure for what ails me at this point. It's on my 'to do' list along with a few other items.

Phill

Can anyone advise where I can get the "A" pillar triple gauge pod and gauges for a 2011 convertible?

We should have that available soon. Stay tuned.

Jer

Can anyone advise where I can get the "A" pillar triple gauge pod and gauges for a 2011 convertible?

Autometer.

I've seen the same exact one used on the Super Snake (as seen on Blackout's 2012 SS) on display at Pep-Boys in Colorado Springs, CO.

I'm not sure if the Coupe and 'Vert are two different animals though.

Phill

Autometer.

I've seen the same exact one used on the Super Snake (as seen on Blackout's 2012 SS) on display at Pep-Boys in Colorado Springs, CO.

Phill

I believe they are slightly different.

Just to keep my life interesting, of course... LOL

Jer

I believe they are slightly different.

Could be, I can't say with 100% certainty. I didn't have them side-by-side for a exact/direct comparison but I did get to see both of them up close and personal.

I was going to replace the gauges in Blackout's Super Snake for him so I looked over the pillar mount, through-hole in the firewall, the gauges and the gauge transducers/senders real well.

Then shortly after I inspected his car I saw the Autometer pillar gauge mounting pod at Pep-boys and noted the thinness of the item and the texture/finish of the item and it appeared to be the exact identical part. If there is a difference, it's not very obvious.

Phill

• 1 year later...

Autometer.

Phill

In another thread on the subject of A-pillar guage mounts I mentioned the Autometer item. I can't find that other thread but I did find the A-pillar pod on e-bay and it includes a part number;

P/N: 12132

2010-2012 Mustang

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Meter-12132-Gauge-Works-Triple-Pillar-10-12-Mustang-/350985877801?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Hope That Helps,

Phill

3ponies!

The Shelby gauge pod set you have will be great!

I installed the same unit about a year ago and its great! The pod comes with white lites in the gauges, you might want to consider a different color of lites before you install the pod, however they can be changed after installation too. I changed my lites out with a blue LEDs which Summit Racing carrys, in green and red also. They are a little spendly at $12 each but look very nice.

Pod.JPG

Archived