TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black Friday weekend Christmas Sale 2012

twobjshelbys

Parts not included in sale.

Just apparel and such.

The ad says "Apparel and MERCHANDISE"...Since when did car parts stop being "Merchandise"?

That sucks.....

Phill

The ad says "Apparel and MERCHANDISE"...Since when did car parts stop being "Merchandise"?

That sucks.....

Phill

Phil, we use the language that corresponds to the Website Categories. On our site, like many dealers, it is called "Apparel And Merchandise".

Jer

Phil, we use the language that corresponds to the Website Categories. On our site, like many dealers, it is called "Apparel And Merchandise".

Jer

Understood.

And already knew that.

Just bustin' yer (and SAI's) chops/ass!

Phill

Understood.

And already knew that.

Just bustin' yer (and SAI's) chops/ass!

Phill

Lord knows, I need more of THAT. :banghead:

Jer

Just to add to the chops bustin, when will SPP have a store wide sale, if any??

Would have thought that Black Friday would have been the ticket here.

Again, just trying to aid the cause, but a sale is always nice.

I have a checkout full of cool stuff.. My wife sneaks up behind me and says.."we don't have disposable income for that kind of stuff". Sigh.. I try to explain to her all the cool kids have $70 Shelby metal wall art, banners, sweet shirts, 2013 memberships, and......She wasn't going for it.

Do you not have driving shoes any more? I recall them being available in the museum store the last time I was there.

We don't currently have them - I'm working on it. Last time, the sizes and colors were WAY TOO lopsided, so they sat around forever and the stragglers needed to be sold very very cheap (good deal only if you needed a Size 6 in brown)...

I'll be bringing back only a few colors, and a smaller range of sizes and/or quantities.

Jer

Just to add to the chops bustin, when will SPP have a store wide sale, if any??

Would have thought that Black Friday would have been the ticket here.

Again, just trying to aid the cause, but a sale is always nice.

I remember when the ENTIRE SITE would have a "flat percentage discount" applied to everything.

Here's the downside to that type of sale:

1. Inventory levels were all over the place. As a customer, I'd wait for a sale, then see that ANNOYING yellow "Out of stock" box pop up every time I tried to order what I wanted. What good is a sale when it's on "In Stock Items Only"?

2. I had to schedule my mod weekends around SPP's sales. A Black Friday sale is much less valuable to someone who lives in the colder states (unless they have a heated garage/workspace). Even if they have a shop install their parts, it's not exactly "driving season".

3. Everyone waited for sales to buy things. SPP's staff would have to run around crazy and overworked (thus increasing the chance of mistakes along the way) after each sale, then go through a lull period in between.

My plan is to price things right in the first place. I've introduced new products at VERY good pricing, and reduced existing prices, and will continue to do so.

We will closely monitor inventory to keep it stable and available to customers when THEY want to buy it.

Staff the team with the right people, and put the emphasis on the parts and service QUALITY.

We will have Sale Events. I'm still deep in analysis to develop upcoming programs. For the most part, they will be product-based, like a new Introductory Item, or a Clearance Sale, or themed for the time of year (apparel for the cold months, lots of track parts before the Bash, maintenance items mid-summer, etc...) Some may incorporate Free Shipping. Some may be "Buy this, get that", or tiered savings... 9 of the 12 months in 2013 have a Promotional Program I'm working to develop. But "20% Off Everything! Come and Get it!" Sale Events will not be all we do anymore.

Also, Shelby customers will see more ongoing change in Apparel items. We will have a life-cycle for everything, and not just make the same shirts and hats year after year. Like every other apparel line, it will change with the years and seasons. This takes a lot of time and effort, and is one of the benefits of the new dedicated SPP team. I remember seeing everyone's faces when SPP rolled out the Merchandise Trailer at the 50th Bash - "Tons of cool new things to buy!" Well, that was a massive undertaking, but it will now happen far more often.

Jer

Jer, that is a terrific explanation of what's in the works and reasoning for your bigger plan. You might consider starting a new thread in the Club House that leads with the vision you stated above. It just might thin out the number of post started within a week of every holiday titled 'How About (choose your holiday) Sale?'

Jer, like I said, "just adding to the chops bustin". B)

You have certainly taken the helm and turned the ship 180 degrees.

I think that "new" items are far more important than discounts.

Keep the ship sailing forward instead of backwards. :salute:

Great work !!

I would love to get a pair of those shoes as well. Hopefully it include my size 12-13. Everywhere I go, the shoes that are really nice always stop at either 10 or 11. And I hope the museum will carry them once they are back.

My size is 12-13, too, so odds are good we'll order those... LOL...

Yes, they should be available in all of our sales outlets- online, Museum, etc...

Jer

Archived