TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wide Body kit

NMAv

hmmmmm this kit and the supersnake hood may be in my future.

Jer I see online the magazine was 6.99 I believe? Plus shipping thats around 17 dollars for the magazine. Would a barnes and noble or some place like that around me have this magazine for shelbys online price? Or no it would be more expensive probably?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer I see online the magazine was 6.99 I believe? Plus shipping thats around 17 dollars for the magazine. Would a barnes and noble or some place like that around me have this magazine for shelbys online price? Or no it would be more expensive probably?

$6.99 is the cover price.

Jer

Mi amigo...CVS Pharmacy has on the shelves...

I know how you all feel!

Remember, I'm not just an employee of Shelby American, I'm also a client.

I've been buying a bunch of parts for my latest project: a total rear end rebuild. New upper control arm bracket and adjustable control arm, de-rusting and painting the axle housing, 3.73 gears, Eaton True-Trac diff, new diff cover, Moser axles, ARP studs, new bearings and seals, Baer Extreme+ rear brakes... whew!

I subscribe to the lazy man's theory: "May as well do it all while I'm IN there"!

Jer

Wise, very wise............ still gotta get past the holder of the purse, LOL !

Wise, very wise............ still gotta get past the holder of the purse, LOL !

LOL... I'll ASSume you mean the "significant other".

My wife loves cars, she has an MCA Edition 2012 Mustang that we're gonna make into a GTS. She "gets" it. We were looking at a Cobra for sale recently, it's an automatic, and someone told her "See? You can drive it, too!".

I swear, her blood pressure surged.

Jer

+1 to some pics. Trying to figure out how to justify this one to the wife!! :headscratch: The Alcoas were a wedding anniversary/X-mas gift parlay. What's left Valentine's/B-day gift?? Or do I go MLK/Presidents Day/Easter gift??

Jer, you doing this to me ---> :drop:

Pretend you won it at a lottery at a car show :hysterical:

OK Jer, Now that you teased us, I'll bite. How much is this going to set me back. And is this being unveiled at SEMA this week??

We were not able to fit it in at SEMA, we're already bringing a bunch of cars. The kits will be available very soon (weeks, not months), and I'll announce the pricing ASAP.

In the meantime, the new Shelby Annual magazine has a great article with lots of photos, I highly recommend it for anyone thinking of this kit.

Jer

Any pics of the kit from the front and rear. Sorry the pics you posted not really doing it for me. Not sure why. Maybe the black color (on the checkered floor??) or because its not a GT500??? I know from the side the cars are the same but maybe its the hood?? Gonna have to find the magazine soon!!

Any pics of the kit from the front and rear. Sorry the pics you posted not really doing it for me. Not sure why. Maybe the black color (on the checkered floor??) or because its not a GT500??? I know from the side the cars are the same but maybe its the hood?? Gonna have to find the magazine soon!!

The pix don't do it justice. It really does look far better in person.

I just snapped them today to give everyone SOMETHING to look at. Those are the three I took. I'll see if we've done an "official" photo session with a REAL photographer yet, and post a bunch.

Thanks!

Jer

I read the write up in the magazine and I still don't understand how they mount the rear panel without taking off the roof as well since its all one piece. For a second when I was reading it sounded like the wide body kit sticks on to the existing rear panel but I am pretty sure in the pictures the rear panel was off so I am just confused how this installs.

I read the write up in the magazine and I still don't understand how they mount the rear panel without taking off the roof as well since its all one piece. For a second when I was reading it sounded like the wide body kit sticks on to the existing rear panel but I am pretty sure in the pictures the rear panel was off so I am just confused how this installs.

For that one second, you were correct. :hysterical:

Jer

For that one second, you were correct. :hysterical:

Jer

Har Har Jer lol.

Ok so then you guys install this but sticking it on top of the factory panel? Because I know with the mustang RTR-C which was fully carbon fiber when they wanted to replace that panel they had to cut that crap off down to the frame and there were no pictures like that in the magazine.

A friend of mine sent me these pictures. It is a wide body from Galpin Auto Sports exhibited at SEMA......My opinion is this is fugly like hell.....nothing comparing with Shelby wide body kit...

imagejpeg_2l_zpseaa3bace.jpg

imagejpeg_3g_zpsf7d023e6.jpgimagejpeg_4d_zps458e3936.jpg

+1 on the fugly! Need to find that darn magazine!!!

To bad they did the 05-09 prototype on a black SGT (vs. another color). Black makes it difficult to see the details when photographed.

I'll post some WAY better pix soon. Even in black, the pix are a lot nicer for seeing the details.

Jer

Jer will the fenders and quarters be available in CF as well as fiberglass?

If they make these available in CF I would be all over it. But I'm sure that would double the price of the kit. If they make a CF version of this they have to make a CF SS hood.

If they make these available in CF I would be all over it. But I'm sure that would double the price of the kit. If they make a CF version of this they have to make a CF SS hood.

Fiberglass only.

Jer

Archived