TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wide Body kit

NMAv

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer, when can we expect to see more details on the wide body kit that was discussed about a month ago?

That kit will be released soon. It is currently available as a Shelby-installed option, and will soon be offered as a ready-to-go kit customers can buy to have installed by their favorite bodyshop.

There will be a 2005-2009 version, and a 2010+ version.

We're working now to get it "ready for prime time", figuring out the contents, packaging, etc.

Bottom line: It will be very complete, easy to install, and very very cool.

Jer

Hey Jer if you need a car to confirm fitment and/or have the SA folks practice installing the wide body kit, they're welcome to my car!! Hell, you guys can just keep the car till the Alcoas come in. Just get the rear wheels widened and slap them on! B)

Hey Jer if you need a car to confirm fitment and/or have the SA folks practice installing the wide body kit, they're welcome to my car!! Hell, you guys can just keep the car till the Alcoas come in. Just get the rear wheels widened and slap them on! B)

Yeah, *I* tried that in a meeting myself, happily offering my car as a test mule... LOL

Jer

Will this Kit be available to ANYONE or do you have to own a Shelby to buy it? Any idea on a Price yet? Ball Park it if need be.

Available to all, sold through us here at Shelby Performance Parts. Price TBA soon...

BTW, you guys talking about it made me have to walk out to look at it again. It's REALLY cool.

Jer

Available to all, sold through us here at Shelby Performance Parts. Price TBA soon...

BTW, you guys talking about it made me have to walk out to look at it again. It's REALLY cool.

Jer

How about a few different pictures just to wet the appetite?? I'd really like a rear end shot from a low angle to get a better idea of the width and potential added traction with those wider tires.

Jer

At least you can go look at it. I have to rely on my pictures from Barrett Jackson while I wait for mine. The GTS with rear wide body is on order but the base car won't be delivered by Ford until about December 1.

More pictures would be great. I was never able to get the low angle rear end shot at Barrett Jackson because of the crowds and lighting. I'd like to see that view.

How about a few different pictures just to wet the appetite?? I'd really like a rear end shot from a low angle to get a better idea of the width and potential added traction with those wider tires.

+1 to some pics. Trying to figure out how to justify this one to the wife!! :headscratch: The Alcoas were a wedding anniversary/X-mas gift parlay. What's left Valentine's/B-day gift?? Or do I go MLK/Presidents Day/Easter gift??

Jer, you doing this to me ---> :drop:

+1 to some pics. Trying to figure out how to justify this one to the wife!! :headscratch: The Alcoas where a wedding anniversary/X-mas gift parlay. What's left Valentine's/B-day gift?? Or do I go MLK/Presidents Day/Easter gift??

Jer, you doing this to me ---> :drop:

:rockon::hysterical2: True! True! True!!! I'm tapprd out till Apr 2013 (B-day) trying to parlay XMass into a small pulley/ header and exhaust + tune :) good luck on your end!

The 2010+ kit is no problem, I'll post more pix soon.

The 2005-2009 kit is not officially "released" yet. But it won't be long.

Jer

:rockon::hysterical2: True! True! True!!! I'm tapprd out till Apr 2013 (B-day) trying to parlay XMass into a small pulley/ header and exhaust + tune :) good luck on your end!

I know how you all feel!

Remember, I'm not just an employee of Shelby American, I'm also a client.

I've been buying a bunch of parts for my latest project: a total rear end rebuild. New upper control arm bracket and adjustable control arm, de-rusting and painting the axle housing, 3.73 gears, Eaton True-Trac diff, new diff cover, Moser axles, ARP studs, new bearings and seals, Baer Extreme+ rear brakes... whew!

I subscribe to the lazy man's theory: "May as well do it all while I'm IN there"!

Jer

Are you staying with the 8.8 or going to a 9 inch rear?

8.8.... If I was going to a 9, I would have just bought a pre-built Moser/Strange/Mark Williams setup. But I got a killer deal on a used (500 miles) Eaton posi, so...

Jer

Back on topic,

Here's a better shot of how much tire the widebody puts down.

Jer

widebody tire 1.jpg

widebody tire 1.jpg

But Jer what about that guardsman blue paint job to match with the widebody kit? :)

Nope!

Jer

No. It mounts at the body line.

Somewhat hard to describe it here, but Page 122 of the new Shelby 2012 Annual magazine has a complete article with installation pix.

Get a copy, and it will detail it for you.

We should have it available online any day now (or today, possibly).

Jer

No. It mounts at the body line.

Somewhat hard to describe it here, but Page 122 of the new Shelby 2012 Annual magazine has a complete article with installation pix.

Get a copy, and it will detail it for you.

We should have it available online any day now (or today, possibly).

Jer

Where would I go to see it? If i want to read it online?

Where would I go to see it? If i want to read it online?

No, the MAGAZINE will be available for sale online.

Jer

No, the MAGAZINE will be available for sale online.

Jer

Oh I see. What is it called? Just 2012 shelby something like that? Also is there a magazine with a very in depth build of the shelby 1000? If so whats the title for that one too?

Jer, that wide body 'wingless' car looks absolutely spectacular. And while I'll be picking the magazine up somewhere, whenever it becomes available - I gotta know:

- Does the kit utilize the stock bumper? I'm just wondering if all you do is spread it open a bit and bolt it to the new quarters...

- Do you end up cutting the existing sheetmetal fender lip off and then just bond-in a horizontal extension for the wheelwell that then meets the new quarter?

Jer, that wide body 'wingless' car looks absolutely spectacular. And while I'll be picking the magazine up somewhere, whenever it becomes available - I gotta know:

- Does the kit utilize the stock bumper? I'm just wondering if all you do is spread it open a bit and bolt it to the new quarters...

- Do you end up cutting the existing sheetmetal fender lip off and then just bond-in a horizontal extension for the wheelwell that then meets the new quarter?

Yes.

No.

Jer

A friend of mine delivered his car in Vegas yesterday for the SS conversion and he sent me these pictures. The GTS is in the showroom.....Jer: It's awesome!! i had the opportunity to see in person when I was there a month ago and looking it again makes me that I want it!!

Untitled_zps133fe102.jpg

Untitled_zpsa76726ed.jpg

Untitled_zpsaff5b3c6.jpg

A friend of mine delivered his car in Vegas yesterday for the SS conversion and he sent me these pictures. The GTS is in the showroom.....Jer: It's awesome!! i had the opportunity to see in person when I was there a month ago and looking it again makes me that I want it!!

The '05-'09 kit is no less stunning. I was staring at it yesterday, it's just MEAN. And it's very well integrated, doesn't look like an add-on.

Jer

Archived