TEAM SHELBY FORUM

all new Recaro interior

39Mustang

Redid the interior using katskin plus Recaro's and getting car back today... will try to post pics later today as long as it doesn't rain

Looking forward to the Recaro's with the Alcantara leather because one the factory Mustang seats just killed my back and when racing you slid into every turn so not anymore. Redid the console lid cover and steering wheel as well which should be great as now you can grip the Alcantara on the steering wheel because everyone knows any interior cleaner or sweat on the wheel and its slippery than ice skating

Only thing though no one makes shoulder harness belts in matching color and wonder why Shelby doesn't offer them through parts store. Liability I guess

I could only get 1 picture then ran into a problem with new camera so will take more later

I did the two Recaro seats recovered and used the Shelby GT Snake w/ the GT/SC and done the rear seats as well. It was really a waste of money doing the rear seats as wanted to remove them but no one had a quality rear seat delete that looked good. Console lid was done and put the Alcantara leather on the Steering Wheel in Blue like the stitching so it really looks good. I cannot test the car to see how grippy the wheel is as have a big fracture in my wrist that is very painful so once heals will put the Recaro's and steering wheel to the test. I plan to do the door panels just couldn't decide what I wanted to do

if you ask, expensive yes... worth it? for me the Recaro's yes

I guess the picture didn't attach

Sorry, I do not know. Others have done this. I just now use my phone camera to post as its size fits.

normally its easy but when switched to Explorer 8 I think it changed a lot of stuff or maybe it was Windows 7. XP it was easy to do but can't do it same way and I guess its my new Canon camera's fault as it takes each pic at much larger pixels which is better

I think I got it but not sure if I shrunk it too small

I did it correctly.. what you have to do is copy the pic from what folder you have it in then paste it in pictures then right click it then edit then whatever size you want. I will get more pics later in week that shows the rear seats, console lid, and steering wheel

that is really awesome. Where did you have that done? I have been contemplating switching the interior of my SGT for a while but just don't know where to start...

call Gary Disney 949-636-2555

you can look at their stuff at designerautoaccessories.com

tell him I sent you

I think I got it but not sure if I shrunk it too small

Those seats are very nice. Gary does nice work. Did you already have the Recaros and then Gary recovered them or did you get the entire seat set up from him. Would you mind sharing the cost? Thanks

I saw this post and emailed Gary and asked about cost. For my GT500 he quoted be $5700 or so. That included the recaros with the driver seat switched over to my power seat base, front and rear seat leather installed.

As much as I would love to have the recaros in my car, at that price it will have to wait. Only savings I could see would be if you found the seats for cheap, eBay or wrecked car, whatever.

Wow, looks fantastic. I've thought about attempting something like this, but the cost would stop me. Just a thought though, would the Recaros available from Ford (for example, the black ones used in the Boss) work in our cars (being 2008 models)? I've wondered how to get past the side airbag problem

Wow, looks fantastic. I've thought about attempting something like this, but the cost would stop me. Just a thought though, would the Recaros available from Ford (for example, the black ones used in the Boss) work in our cars (being 2008 models)? I've wondered how to get past the side airbag problem

You can get them from FORD but that is where the problem is as FORD jacked the price way up.

Those seats are very nice. Gary does nice work. Did you already have the Recaros and then Gary recovered them or did you get the entire seat set up from him. Would you mind sharing the cost? Thanks

I've got too many things going on with trying to move soon and not sure where receipt is but its over $5,000. I wanted to replace the factory seats from day 1 and considered Corbeau's which I almost bought and other Recaro's and the Cobra seats by Sube but then I saw the Recaro's in the Boss and new I wanted those. Before I bought them I discovered the people recovering them and since I will never sell the car I'm doing it the way it should be done but more important is I didn't care about the cost because back in 2004 when I got this injection for a special CINE MRI little did anyone know that fluid damaged some nerves in my lower spinal-cord which then clumped and the pain is very severe when it acts up and the Recaro's are about the only seats I can sit in where I feel no pain so if I wanted to use my Shelby I had no choice. Lucky for me the 69/70 Mustang seats don't hurt my back as great news for me because these are my favorite Mustangs.

You don't have to recover them but the Recaro's are worth the $$$$

• 1 month later...

Archived