TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Shelby Forged Wheel Pre-Order Program is OVER!

Jer

Jer, I haven't seen an ETA on the wheels. Do you know if they will be in/ delivered by the holidays? Also, can ?I make arrangments to have mine shipped directly to Weldcraft?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer, I haven't seen an ETA on the wheels. Do you know if they will be in/ delivered by the holidays? Also, can ?I make arrangments to have mine shipped directly to Weldcraft?

Our published ETA is December. I expect everyone to have them by the Holidays.

As for shipping, we are only sending direct to customers - Our liability for delivery confirmation and the customer's QC approval neccessitates that.

If they went straight to Weldcraft, then you received them with a scratch or blemish, it would be tough to rectify.

Jer

What is this weldcraft talk? I called them 2 days ago and they said they refused to touch these wheels.

There is some other guy Eric Vaughn or something that will do it.

Yeah, Weldcraft stopped widening the SS Alcoa's after damaging a few or getting too much run-out on some (I can't remember exactly).

Eric Vaughn does it and does it better (IMO) than Weldcraft.

Weldcraft adds a center section so there are two welds/beads around the circumference. EV uses a whole new inner section so there is only one weld/bead around the circumference, hence *potentially* stronger (or better worded, less (1/2) chance of failure).

And I think the prices were pretty close to each other.

Phill

Plus, if anything happened, they could not get new ones. Weldcraft did an outstanding widening job on the used set I got here. They also fixed the curb rash and did a great job on the welds. Of course, I did have to buy one new rim but only because the MMS jerk that sold me the used set here failed to disclose how badly damaged one of the rims was...it was hit so hard that it was twisted and was a junk rim...not useable. Not at all repairable like I was told and no offer of even a partial refund. It's collecting dust in my garage.

Jer, thanks so much for the Team Shelby email announcing the wheel run! Since I am not a regular visitor of the forum, I really appreciate the emails from you guys. I got my set of wheels ordered because of your great communications! Thanks again, Mark.

Jer, thanks so much for the Team Shelby email announcing the wheel run! Since I am not a regular visitor of the forum, I really appreciate the emails from you guys.

I used to get the e-mail announcements all the time and they suddenly stopped. Sharon said to add my name in a box somewhere. I did and I still do not receive announcements.

And I've been a dues paying TS member since I first got on here (or close to it).

WHY can't I get them?????

ARGH!

Phill Pollard

I used to get the e-mail announcements all the time and they suddenly stopped. Sharon said to add my name in a box somewhere. I did and I still do not receive announcements.

And I've been a dues paying TS member since I first got on here (or close to it).

ARGH!

Phill Pollard

I'll check, Phill.

Jer

ARGH!

Phill Pollard

PM sent.

Jer

Same here. I went back and looked at the emails and did not find one that announced these. I'm not sure but I may have opted out since I don't own any Mustangs any more. Nonetheless, no email received about parts for quite some time. I do get other mailings so I know I remain in the system somewhere.

I do get other mailings so I know I remain in the system somewhere.

Same here. I get VERY limited mailings. I think the last couple were about the dog/animal donation deal.

But NOTHING on SPP sales, new items, etc. etc. etc.

Phill

Same here. I get VERY limited mailings. I think the last couple were about the dog/animal donation deal.

But NOTHING on SPP sales, new items, etc. etc. etc.

Phill

You've been added for sure now, Phill.

Anyone else who needs to be added, PM me your email address.

Jer

You've been added for sure now, Phill.

Anyone else who needs to be added, PM me your email address

Jer

Thanks Jer.

Phill

Can I change the 3 9 inch wheels and 3 10 inch wheels for 6 10 inch wheels? I was under the impression 10's would rub on the front.

Customer ID: 25052

Order Number: 64953

Order Date: 10/04/2012

We can't allow changes to orders at this point, as we allotted based on wheel size desired.

When you are contacted to complete your order, we will do our best to accommodate.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a set of the original Alcoas, and the "Shelby Forged" lettering was a real pain to clean and keep clean. Anybody have any ideas of what could be done to help keep the letters clean or make them easier to clean? Thanks, Scott.

A tooth brush works great

That's what I've always used too.

Get a soft bristle tooth brush, not a firm one. And they're cheap. I keep 2 or 3 "new in the package" tooth brushes in my detail bucket.

Phill

Archived