TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Shelby Forged Wheel Pre-Order Program is OVER!

Jer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are dealers who have bought "seats on the plane" and will be offering them for resale. (Not many, to be fair -

Might I suggest that you list the dealers who pre-ordered so folks that missed out here, can go to them and buy a set?

Phill (I have 'blackjack' so I'm good!)

You beat me to it. I know CC is a Shelby dealer but wasn't sure if they bought any of the new wheels. Greg is smart enough that I assume he bought plenty for inventory so possibly not sold out.

Phill

Wow I guess I just got in then! Thxs Jer, I don't even know you but I appreciate you getting this organized. I bought my Shelby last year with the intentions of getting these wheels, then while I was waiting to save up some money they discontinued them, I looked everywhere and found one set in Canada the guy wanted 7500 plus shipping to Arizona. I couldn't swing that. So I was SOL. Then I decided to go with the CS1 wheels and have been saving up money for the wheels and new tires. I had enough and was going to pull the trigger after Christmas expenses and then you all opened the doors again for me with the Alcoas 50th anniversary wheels! Thank you so much!! I'm assuming they took my deposit and I have a receipt for it, so I'm hoping that means I'm in.

Wow I guess I just got in then! Thxs Jer, I don't even know you but I appreciate you getting this organized. I bought my Shelby last year with the intentions of getting these wheels, then while I was waiting to save up some money they discontinued them, I looked everywhere and found one set in Canada the guy wanted 7500 plus shipping to Arizona. I couldn't swing that. So I was SOL. Then I decided to go with the CS1 wheels and have been saving up money for the wheels and new tires. I had enough and was going to pull the trigger after Christmas expenses and then you all opened the doors again for me with the Alcoas 50th anniversary wheels! Thank you so much!! I'm assuming they took my deposit and I have a receipt for it, so I'm hoping that means I'm in.

Yup! All set! Congrats!

Thanks for the kind words and the support!

Jer

CC has them in black?? i thought they didnt come in black again??

They don't. He has decided to do that himself, for an upcharge.

Jer

ohh ok , thanks Jer once again for bringing back these rims for us guys who missed out the first time

Totally selfish on my part - I'm ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO MISSED OUT! :banghead:

Thanks for the kind words and support,

Jer

Wow, I knew these would go fast! Glad I put my deposit down!!

Congrats!

Jer

SVT13 take care of our man Jer with one of your dozen sets! LOL

I think what Jer meant was he missed out the 1st time like a lot of us so he had extra motivation for another run. No doubt he secured a set or two from this last run!

I think what Jer meant was he missed out the 1st time like a lot of us so he had extra motivation for another run. No doubt he secured a set or two from this last run!

Yup, I missed out last time.

I hope to be luckier this time.

Jer

Jer,

You're winning me back with all you efforts! I was an avid Shelby forum/part follower early on but the last 2 years (before you) have been a distaster. All your work with making products avialable again is really noticable and making Shelby a force again.

Thanks for everything,

Jeff

Jer,

You're winning me back with all you efforts! I was an avid Shelby forum/part follower early on but the last 2 years (before you) have been a distaster. All your work with making products avialable again is really noticable and making Shelby a force again.

Thanks for everything,

Jeff

Jeff,

I really appreciate the kind words - Thanks for the support!!!!

Jer

This is so annoying. Same thing happened to me last time. I don't check the site for a week and it's the week this stupid program is announced and closed. Once again no rims for me and if I want to track a set down it's through a huge up charge through a "dealer". Same problem the opry is having, people buy up the inventory to create a scarcity prematurely. I'm thinking about giving up.....

All this did was allow people to put a deposit on a set of wheels. Hang in there, someone will back out. Jer also alluded that there may be some wheels available to the general public after all the pre orders are dealt with.

Yup, exactly. I deliberately stopped the pre-order early enough to have breathing room.

BTW, this site wasn't the only place we announced them - we emailed the announcement to over fifteen thousand people, including every member of Team Shelby.

Jer

This is so annoying. Same thing happened to me last time. I don't check the site for a week and it's the week this stupid program is announced and closed. Once again no rims for me and if I want to track a set down it's through a huge up charge through a "dealer". Same problem the opry is having, people buy up the inventory to create a scarcity prematurely. I'm thinking about giving up.....

Another reason to sign up and get the emails B)

No, this was NOTHING like that, actually:

Dealers who purchased the pre-sale have no "upcharge" I've seen.

We have announced ALL ALONG that these wheels WILL be in stock later, but in a limited amount - this was just to "lock up" a set. A reservation. I even made it refundable, just a "good faith" deposit.

We emailed over FIFTEEN THOUSAND people at 6am on Monday. Are you a member of Team Shelby? We even emailed the list of people who signed up for our email list while visiting the museum as tourists! And the dealers found out the same time as everyone else. 6am Monday, when my whole team came in early to man the phones.

Don't bring up the music business, I'm well aware of it. Retail customers got over 80% of this wheel pre-sale - Do you think Ticketmaster, AEG, or LiveNation can even REMOTELY touch that number?????

We LIMITED the amount a wholesaler could pre-order, ya think any act would do THAT at any venue? BTW, wheels are wheels. It's not like "front row" vs. "bleacher seats".

Re-think, please.

Jer

Archived