TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCA Grand National 2013 at the Mickyard

07gt500conv

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All three days. The judges choice parking will be in the Mickyard with everyone else. Exactly where I dont know, I have not finished laying it out yet.

I have a meeting today at the speedway and will let the Chairperson know a schedule needs to be posted.

Too many choices on what category to choose for car show so I just put in "judges choice". Got a call today that for non MCA members that only includes race cars and owners under 25 so now I'm in "display only". :glare:

How do you know what category to pick for car show when there is so many?

Any progress on getting a schedule?

Yes I'll be their, have the Shelby registered for judging and dinner banquet. Three other friends are also going we all will be at the Coronado hotel, some of our wife's will also be attending, my friends will help me clean up my car when we get their, since it is my driver. I hope to get an honest judgment of my car, other local car shows fail to know enough about the model and modifications.

For an old retired guy, you sure are busy. :shrug:

Maybe you need a job.... :hysterical2:

You might be right on that one! Have a safe trip to the northern country in case I don't speak to you before you leave.

So whose still in from South FL. or from FL period? Thinking about going?

Yes I'll be their, have the Shelby registered for judging and dinner banquet. Three other friends are also going we all will be at the Coronado hotel, some of our wife's will also be attending, my friends will help me clean up my car when we get their, since it is my driver. I hope to get an honest judgment of my car, other local car shows fail to know enough about the model and modifications.

I will be there from Central Fl, but this one is in my backyard.

I leave for NJ on Thursday for a show up there and driving my Shelby to the show. When I return a week later, the car goes on jack stands in the garage and the cleaning begins.

It should be a great show.

July 30th and still no posted schedule of events really makes it hard to plan. Half our club bailed on the event because they weren't willing to commit the dollars without knowing what is going on and another group decided to go to the Dream Cars event since it will be closer to the hotel and they can get out of the sun if they want to. Not sure why there are two events scheduled for the same weekend in the same hotel. Hopefully the weather will be okay and there will be shade at the track. Otherwise we will be cooking in the sun.

Hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you although I am taking my '03 Cobra to the event and leaving the Shelby home. Has anyone seen any information on trailer parking at the hotel or the track? We checked with the hotel staff and all they could say is that there should be space for trailers but it all depends on how many people show up with trailers. With two shows I am sure there will be quite a few trailers. Should be interesting...

GT

I take a drive to the Park.... :hysterical2:

20121028_121109.jpg

20121028_121141.jpg

07Naja and I usually drive ours to the park. We go to Disney every few weeks.

Well, then, you are THE guys to ask - what is "can't miss" at DW? We went there a few times back when the kid was younger but haven't been for a while.

Well, then, you are THE guys to ask - what is "can't miss" at DW? We went there a few times back when the kid was younger but haven't been for a while.

If you are a Disney NUT, like Vic, you will want to see it all.

What park are you interested in, remember there are 4 of them now.

Matter of fact, Vic and I were at Epcot this morning... :yahoo:

Now that the Pony Trail is on Friday, who's going?

Sam

Sam,

I will probably spend the day sweating getting the car ready for Saturday and hitting one of the parks in the evening after dark.

I said I was going but dont think I will do the pony run since I just found out the route.....

When are you and David heading back NORTH? Any interest in our own SHELBY PONY run????

David, when are you sweating cleaning car? I was thinking of parking cars on Friday? What is EVERYONES idea for parking?

Jim, I am coming down Thursday. I may try to clean up the car Thursday night from the drive down. I don't have a cover, so it will still need touch ups each morning. Have to bring waterless wash. I am going back north on Monday.

I am bringing a cover also I am familiar with that nice film that forms in the morning. The Shelby run? Any info? I am in for parking Friday. I live about 45 minutes from Disney off of 417(UCF) so if you guys from Jacksonville need to clean your cars let me know you can stop at my place.

Ok...I ordered a cover...I can't be the only one without and it was endless cleaning in Asheville so it was a necessity...ugh...had hoped to eventually sell the 12 and buy a 14, but I am very curious about the future, so going to hold out. Too bad Powerball didn't pay off last night.

Jim, I am good for an afternoon run Sunday. I didn't sign up for any of the prepaid meals during the weekend. It is so hard to stick to those schedules with a 6 year old. I made dinner reservations for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights so I would be committed to spend some time with my family. I left everything else wide open. We are planning dinner at the Polynesian at Kona Café on Thursday Night, the Sci Fi Dine in on Friday Night, and the Maya Grill at the Coronado on Saturday Night.

I am going to get there on Thursday as I will be working with my club (IPMC) all days. I may be up for a drive on Sunday too. I am staying all three nights even though it is only 35 minutes from my house. Maybe we could all get together one evening for a beverage at a local (in park) watering hole.

I am bringing a cover also I am familiar with that nice film that forms in the morning. The Shelby run? Any info? I am in for parking Friday. I live about 45 minutes from Disney off of 417(UCF) so if you guys from Jacksonville need to clean your cars let me know you can stop at my place.

Ok...I ordered a cover...I can't be the only one without and it was endless cleaning in Asheville so it was a necessity...ugh...had hoped to eventually sell the 12 and buy a 14, but I am very curious about the future, so going to hold out. Too bad Powerball didn't pay off last night.

Jim, I am good for an afternoon run Sunday. I didn't sign up for any of the prepaid meals during the weekend. It is so hard to stick to those schedules with a 6 year old. I made dinner reservations for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights so I would be committed to spend some time with my family. I left everything else wide open. We are planning dinner at the Polynesian at Kona Café on Thursday Night, the Sci Fi Dine in on Friday Night, and the Maya Grill at the Coronado on Saturday Night.

I am going to get there on Thursday as I will be working with my club (IPMC) all days. I may be up for a drive on Sunday too. I am staying all three nights even though it is only 35 minutes from my house. Maybe we could all get together one evening for a beverage at a local (in park) watering hole.

Guys,

Vic and I were talking about a "Shelby Run". I was throwing it out there for Sunday afternoon after the banquet. I put together a drive for the Don Garlits cruise separate from our club run. We had a great time and thought maybe doing another one. For those that know Vic and I, we DRIVE our cars. It will be a cruise through the back roads to have fun.

klastinger, most definately have some adult beverages somewhere. We are all part of MFMC but my work for the show will be complete as soon as parking begins so I am good for the entire weekend. Let us know when you want to meet.

Archived