TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCA Grand National 2013 at the Mickyard

07gt500conv

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sure hoping for the indoors. It will be scorching hot the end of august, and you will have the afternoon rain on top of it very probably. Living about 35 miles from Disney I know this weather very well.

Even though they talked about the "inside" show, it was NEVER going to be for our kind of cars. There is just not enough space. But the logistics did not even work to put the concourse class there now.....

Sam,

I have an terrific paint and body guy who I have used for about 30 yrs but his is here near Apopka if you are looking.

He will be doing some work to Val's GT next week or so.

If you are interested, I will introduce you. I know it is a long trip for you, but a good paint guy are hard to come by sometimes.

David - I know painting is best, but I'm considering just sticking with the vinyl stripes, albeit better quality versions than the originals, and do those myself.

Jim - Thanks for the offer! If my guy can't get it done, I may head your way!

Sam

Jim - I want to work out a day to come down with the GT-H and meet your painter. I am hoping to be able to paint the car before next February. Other than the underbody, it really is all the car needs now.

Sam - If you need any help at all let me know. I work typical retail hours but am usually off on Thursdays and Sundays most of the time. I am not an expert at anything but always willing to help out.

Is there a schedule available for this event? Trying to work out when to go to park, etc.

By the way, no more rooms avail at Coronado.

I dont believe this is true. I was at a meeting yesterday and the hotel is not full.

I will check on it.

The committee is working on the schedule

Is there a schedule available for this event? Trying to work out when to go to park, etc.

By the way, no more rooms avail at Coronado.

Just spoke to the chairperson of the show.

There are still rooms available.

How are you trying to get the reservation?

Just spoke to the chairperson of the show.

There are still rooms available.

How are you trying to get the reservation?

Called the designated phone number. (407-939-4686) The person that helped us checked and said that the block of rooms reserved at the Coronado for the Mustang show were all gone. She put us in the Port Orleans Riverside hotel at the same price. If there is a way to get back into the Coronado that would be great.

Jim:

Called them back - we are arriving on the 27th, she said no rooms at all 27th & 28th so she put us in the Riverside for those days, told her what you said about the chairperson saying rooms being available for the show period so her supervisor said to go ahead and book us into the Coronado even tho their computer showed no rooms open.

I guess we will see what happens :shrug: .

Great deal. I called to modify my room arrival date and I got the same explanation, the Vice Chair called and recieved the explaination you and I had recieved. Not sure what they have going on before we get there, :shrug: but glad you got it worked out.

If you need any other help, let me know.

Does anyone know ware they will be judging our cars and if the car has to stay in that location for more than a day?

Trying to figure out if I want to be judged.

I would have to become a MCA member.

If you choose not to be judged will their be a special parking lot for all the stangs? That would be attending.

Not sure about the bbg dinner offered at $42.00 I'm sure I could not eat that up !

I have my room already booked. Just need to register now

Does anyone know ware they will be judging our cars and if the car has to stay in that location for more than a day?

Trying to figure out if I want to be judged.

I would have to become a MCA member.

If you choose not to be judged will their be a special parking lot for all the stangs? That would be attending.

Not sure about the bbg dinner offered at $42.00 I'm sure I could not eat that up !

I have my room already booked. Just need to register now

Hans,

The entire show is at the Mickyard Speedway. The cars will be parked (and not moved) during the day but can be taken out at the end of the day.

Checking on the parking thing..

Archived