TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCA Grand National 2013 at the Mickyard

07gt500conv

I saw on the site the additional cost events that will be happening, which we probably wont due since my wife will want to be on the rides as much as possible. However, I don't know much else about the timeline and any special things going on during the show. I am definately curious what Team Shelby will be doing since Sharon said that TS will be involved. I think there is an info packet coming in the mail? Maybe I should wait for that before bombarding you all with questions...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on the site the additional cost events that will be happening, which we probably wont due since my wife will want to be on the rides as much as possible. However, I don't know much else about the timeline and any special things going on during the show. I am definately curious what Team Shelby will be doing since Sharon said that TS will be involved. I think there is an info packet coming in the mail? Maybe I should wait for that before bombarding you all with questions...

Sent you a PM.

I reserved a room this morning and was happy to hear that the promotional hotel rate ($99.00) for the Mickyard was still available. I am looking forward to this event as it will be the 1st event I attend with my GTS. Just not sure about which class to register in. Any ideas?

I thought about that too, although not as bad a drive for me only about 2 1/2 hours to event. The highway bugs here are such a big pain in the butt on these front ends! LOL

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

I just did display only. I figure after driving all the way from SC I wont have time to REALLY detail her up for a competitive class.

Morgan,

If I am not mistaken, the 2013-2012 are not judged because of the "new" car category.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the Mickyard.

Morgan,

If I am not mistaken, the 2013-2012 are not judged because of the "new" car category.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the Mickyard.

When I was in Mustang OK at that Grand National show, I did a display only on the registration. When I got to the show, they put me in LMA (leave me alone) class. That is a judges choice class.

When I was in Mustang OK at that Grand National show, I did a display only on the registration. When I got to the show, they put me in LMA (leave me alone) class. That is a judges choice class.

That is a show I want to go to some day. With my Daughter south of OKC, I plan to drive the Shelby out there one day.

• 1 month later...

Looks like I have to cancel my reservations at the hotel and HOPEFULLY get my registration money back for the show. The Army pushed back my report date to South Carolina, again. Won't be arriving there until about Oct now and certainly won't be drving the Shelby from Idaho to Florida for the show. Booo!

Looks like I have to cancel my reservations at the hotel and HOPEFULLY get my registration money back for the show. The Army pushed back my report date to South Carolina, again. Won't be arriving there until about Oct now and certainly won't be drving the Shelby from Idaho to Florida for the show. Booo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Indoors is no more! Received an e-mail, they are back to the original plan - outdoors at the track!

Sam

I was sure hoping for the indoors. It will be scorching hot the end of august, and you will have the afternoon rain on top of it very probably. Living about 35 miles from Disney I know this weather very well.

Archived