TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Deep Draw Hood is BACK.

Jer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this part:

The rarest hood is nicknamed the “Mid Draw” or “Medium Draw” hood. Same as #2, but with a slightly less aggressive (2 and 3/8”) drop at the front vents to allow clearance for Whipple or KB blowers. It is also referred to as a V8 Terlingua Hood”. This was only made for a short time, sporadically, and is not currently being manufactured.

thanks Jer! :salute:

I love this part:

The rarest hood is nicknamed the “Mid Draw” or “Medium Draw” hood. Same as #2, but with a slightly less aggressive (2 and 3/8”) drop at the front vents to allow clearance for Whipple or KB blowers. It is also referred to as a V8 Terlingua Hood”. This was only made for a short time, sporadically, and is not currently being manufactured.

thanks Jer! :salute:

I thought you would.

Jer

OK, just ordered the hood, washer knozzles and hood pin set. Thanks Jer

I assumed I did not need the lowering kit with the Paxton. Now to schedule stripe and hood prep.

Only 13 in stock now. At least thats what I am told.

Jer, you da MAN along with those behind the scenes that made this happen!

OK, just ordered the hood, washer knozzles and hood pin set. Thanks Jer

I assumed I did not need the lowering kit with the Paxton. Now to schedule stripe and hood prep.

Only 13 in stock now. At leats what I m told.

Jer, you da MAN along with those behind the scenes that made this happen!

Thanks!

The Paxton does NOT need the lowering mounts, correct.

Jer

Nice. And starting out with $800 off normal price!

These need a LOT of prep - I wanted to make it worth it, since (most) people waited so patiently.

Jer

1. The “Deep Draw” or “Terlingua” hood. A true “deep” hood (2 and 5/8” drop at the front vents) with functional front vents. This hood clears stock N/A or Paxton-supercharged setups. It is also referred to as a “V6 Terlingua Hood”.

2. The rarest hood is nicknamed the “Mid Draw” or “Medium Draw” hood. Same as #2, but with a slightly less aggressive (2 and 3/8”) drop at the front vents to allow clearance for Whipple or KB blowers.

so the difference is a quarter of an inch?!? I'm guessing the engine drop kit only lowers the engine a quarter of an inch to clear the blower and it will most likely not work with the Whipple 10 Rib set up since the blower snout is even longer.... I'm just throwing this out there Jer that's all.

1. The “Deep Draw” or “Terlingua” hood. A true “deep” hood (2 and 5/8” drop at the front vents) with functional front vents. This hood clears stock N/A or Paxton-supercharged setups. It is also referred to as a “V6 Terlingua Hood”.

2. The rarest hood is nicknamed the “Mid Draw” or “Medium Draw” hood. Same as #2, but with a slightly less aggressive (2 and 3/8”) drop at the front vents to allow clearance for Whipple or KB blowers.

so the difference is a quarter of an inch?!? I'm guessing the engine drop kit only lowers the engine a quarter of an inch to clear the blower and it will most likely not work with the Whipple 10 Rib set up since the blower snout is even longer.... I'm just throwing this out there Jer that's all.

Hi, Doug!

The lowering mounts drop the engine a HALF inch.

I was careful to work with the Production guys on this, and see a finished car for myself before offering this package, that's been a lot of the delay.

Good question, I take no offense to friendly tech discussion!

Jer

I was so excited to see this until I read the part about the "whipple" :banghead:

I purposely priced it so that NO ONE would care about the motor mount expense.

Jer

Hey Jer, any way you could hide one of these at this price until after the New Year? Thats a killer deal!

HAHAHAHA...

Jer

Thanks Jer and Shelby et al. And thanks Jer for posting on FB as I only noticed it there since I am not on here as much anymore.

I just ordered the hood, kit and other items too. Now I have all winter to prep it for painting, stripes and installation. I just hope the kids don't mind it being on the dining room table all winter. Guess they will have to use TV trays. LOL

You're welcome, Adam!

Great to have you back here! LOL....

Jer

I was going to order over the phone tomorrow but didn't want to take a chance and miss out again, so.....

I ordered it online. :yahoo:

One thing I didn't see was the emission sticker Jer.

Thanks again for taking the time with the Production department and going over everything to make sure it will fit!!!!

Dan

I was going to order over the phone tomorrow but didn't want to take a chance and miss out again, so.....

I ordered it online. :yahoo:

One thing I didn't see was the emission sticker Jer.

Thanks again for taking the time with the Production department and going over everything to make sure it will fit!!!!

Dan

Dan, I got a sticker with YOUR NAME on it.

Jer

Hi, Doug!

The lowering mounts drop the engine a HALF inch.

I was careful to work with the Production guys on this, and see a finished car for myself before offering this package, that's been a lot of the delay.

Good question, I take no offense to friendly tech discussion!

Jer

Jer,

does this mean w/ the lowering kit and the hood it will work w/ the whipple? Craig

Jer,

does this mean w/ the lowering kit and the hood it will work w/ the whipple? Craig

Yes.

Jer

WOO HOO it's finally here. Jer, It will clear the strut tower brace, right? If so I'm ordering tonight.

I'm sorry, what's your engine configuration?

Thanks!

Jer

Archived