TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 SS, only 63 original miles, Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas

Cali_KR

We have had members sell their KR's for much more than that with 10K plus miles and fewer options. What's up with the Vegas market?

^^^^^^^^^^Where is this KR market?

I have been watching the Super Snakes and the KR's over the last 4-5 years and the KR's are now regularly selling in the $50K's with far less miles than 10K..........

On the other side, $76K+ for a 605 horse Super Snake is strong money in the current economy. Low mile 725's are "usually" in the $60K's.

This BJ car, being a convert., a "good" color combo and the ultra low miles was a "plus".

R

We have had members sell their KR's for much more than that with 10K plus miles and fewer options. What's up with the Vegas market?

There was a KR that sold a few minutes before the SS for $70,000.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/77302-2008-gt500kr-at-septemebr-2012-barrett-jackson-auction-owned-by-gary-bennett/

This is the kind of "real world" I am talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...forcev4exp=true

^^^This under 1K mile 2008 KR can be bought right now (Buy-it-Now) for approx. $20K less than the Super Snake convert. linked in the original post. Let's see where it goes............I am not going to guess where it will end, all I can say is $65K or so will buy it right now.

I also talked to a good friend of mine today about the GT500KR market and he knows of a "less than 1K mile" 2008 that sold about 1 year ago for $47K, he was offered the car, and passed, before it sold.

I also understand that sometimes the BJ auctions go well beyond $$$ reality when a couple of "gotta have it" guys start bidding against each other.

R

i almost bought a 40th anniversary GT500 coupe from a dealer in santa barbara in the summer of 2010 for $38k. in my opinion, it really depends on how hard you want to look as to how good of a deal you can get. high visibility venues like BJ are where people search for cars who don't want to work to find them and probably have enough money not to have to!

Me too, a couple more years of tuition at a private U and then maybe...dark blue for me please....

Tungsten for me please............ :happy feet: . Hopefully in time for SRE 2016. We can ship them over together. :happy feet: :happy feet:

WOW!!! I just read the info. in this KR auction more closely...............This car (as many were) was priced over $100K at its original selling dealership and now just 4+ year later it appears to be struggling to get 1/2 of that original MSRP+ cost/price........

Info. from the auction..........

Total package manufacturer's suggested retail price: $33,565

Gas guzzler tax: $2,100

Total Shelby Automobiles price: $35,665

Koons Ford administrative fees: $25,100

TOTAL SHELBY MUSTANG GT500KR PRICE: $107,285

Current bid with 1 day 22 hours left..........under $50K.........

R

Archived