TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Shelby to buy (New or Used) for under $50k?

jgib627

Hi guys

I hope all is well - It has been approx 2yrs since I sold my last Shelby (06 GTH158) And I am starting to give serious thought to getting back in the game again... So the question is:

In your opinion, What is the best Shelby to buy, new or used for under $50k?

FYI; (I am more of a bone stock buyer, not into serious mods, unless done by SAI, not picky on colors really, must be fully documented etc) - In no particular order, some ideas are:

08-09 GT500KR? =

08-09 GT500? =

10,11,12 GT500 = Not crazy on these....

06 GT-H = (Had one, so prob not again unless has a SAI Paxton!)

GT-C / GT-S / GT Etc

Or even dare I say it, a 2013 Boss 302?

I am heavily leaning towards a KR if I can find a good, stock, clean, low milege one - From the last couple of weeks of research, Paying high $40's.. Max, should be possible..... Any thoughts, comments etc would be apppreciated...

Thanks

Jon

What are the plans for the car? For lots of fun power and easy modification (bang for the buck year 2008) GT500.

A red KR gets my vote. Remember though, I'm biased.

As far as the mileage and condition, I guess only you can determine the value to set on the car. Mine has 12,500 miles on it and I offered it to a couple of people on here for $49,500 (it had 11K on it at the time). Both said my asking price was too high and came back with around 44K.

I'm sure if they will find one that fits their ideas on "value". I did come back at $46,500 but still no deal.

Good deals can be had on KRs when you find someone who "has to sell".

One thing is for sure, you can't go wrong with any of the cars you have on your list.

Hope you fine one soon.

Good feedback guys - thanks.......

I'm not looking to do track time or drag etc.. And not looking to do mods..

I may do a small commute to work 1 or 2 days a week, just for the hell of it.. Main intention would be for very regular weekend spirited driving and general cruising around, but not a garage/show queen. I like em clean but also seen! lol

(At this point, the KR would be my first choice, Less than $50k, and Ideally a 2008, 2nd prob a 2013 Boss302, 3rd being a 08/09 GT500 - I've seen some of these with seriously low miles for very low $30's)

DVUPS1 : You have a great car and were asking a totally fair price at mid to high $40's.. IMO... I'm not ready to make a move as yet, prob end of this year, early next year - But i'll keep you in mind nearer the time, if thats ok, Should you be interested in selling (Im in San Diego)

JG

DVUPS1 : Thats a great car and a fair price, mid to high $40's.. Im not ready to make a move as yet, prob end of this year, early next year - But i'll keep you in mind nearer the time, should you be interested in selling (Im in San Diego)

JG

Thanks. I am located in Texas and will more than likely still have my car when you are getting ready to buy. I'm not trying to sell it but if someone had the money they could certainly take the car for me.

Don't get me wrong, the KR is great but I am eyeballing a Super Snake and I can't sell myself on the idea of having both. There are plenty of members here that are local to me that would probably give my car a good inspection on your behalf if you decide to look deeper into it.

David

Archived