TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake price finally released for 2013!!!

svt13

wait for it..........................................

$29,000.

Options including between 11-13k super charger upgrade.

Eibach coilovers

Watts link

interior upgrade

What do you guys think of this price?

I find it laughable. Maybe it could be justified if the supercharger was included but its not.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is a joke. I think they are getting greedy. I hope no one buys one (although I know people will because they are crazy). For the kind of money they are asking, spend half call Revan and have a way better car. At that cost you are buying a name plate, badging and a CAM, not getting your money worthiness performance.

All the Shelby freaks can flame all they want put there is no logical way to justify that kind of money for what you get.

Sounds pricy alright, but I guess it depends on what you are getting for that $29K above the base 2013 GT500. What are the major components they are adding and are they that expensive?

To reproduce the standard options would cost 10k max if you go to Shelby autos and look at the brochure. So you are paying 20k for badges and a csm number. This is PURE greed.

The radiator and heat exchanger they put are the same as before thus a downgrade from the factory ones even. Same with front brakes

So add in the Actual car and your talking $100K for a Mustang, sorry but no chance in hell. Then again how many people really need anything more than what the stock car does? How many will even come close to utilizing the stock cars capabilities?

For $100K there are many other cars I would be looking at.

I am curious what comes with that $29K

So add in the Actual car and your talking $100K for a Mustang, sorry but no chance in hell. Then again how many people really need anything more than what the stock car does? How many will even come close to utilizing the stock cars capabilities?

For $100K there are many other cars I would be looking at.

I am curious what comes with that $29K

Go look on shelbyautos.com. Its not much.

wilwood 6 piston front 4 piston rear.

brake duct on all 4

Ugly oval borla exhaust

downgraded H/E and radiator

Shelby tanks

CF splitter

SS hood

SS mats and badges

CSM

Ugly Rims

Michilin tires

eibach suspension or ford racing springs only (track pack vehicles)

Radiator upper grill mesh (protect from rocks but decreases airflow)

Really interested to hear Shelby's response. I was at Shelby last week and saw the 13 SS there and it is a very impressive car. Not sure if it's 100k impressive but still impressive. Those Michelin tires would be about 2k alone. Kind of disappointed they are using Wilwood's on there. The Baer's are fantastic. But I know it could come down to money between the two brakes. Overall, I think Shelby could get away with charging MAYBE 15-16K Max. For the standard package. Those prices I would imagine would drive away a lot of potential customers. But then again, the SS is not intended to be something everyone can easily get.

And also about the wheels, honestly, they are not that bad in person. The machine finished wheels do look fairly hideous. But I really think polished like the durabright finish or black finish, those wheels would look pretty good.

And from my understanding, that 29k price is basically just appearance and suspension. Only 662HP. Upgraded is 40k for 850HP. MAN! I'm pretty much right on the same level as a SS and have only spent maybe 14k and am just one step, maybe 7k away from 850HP. So yeah, pretty much half the price you could build your own SS but you just don't get the badges and CSM.

Also did anyone catch the optional Shelby wide body kit conversion!? Very cool. Interested to see how much it would cost someone if they were to do every option available as well. Maybe upwards of 60k?

Let's be honest, Shelby is going to sell this and get away with it. They will make back the R&D and make a profit. Will I buy it NO. Can I afford it Sure. There is no value in the mystique and collector value to me. Let's not be mad that they cost this much. I just say DANG! They are going to be making a lot of money off of a few small jobs! Hood business sense!

Whatever, I am not even going to modify my stock car, it is just fine for what it is!

What R&D? Give me a break. They are putting on a bunch or already proven bolt-on's that ANYONE could go out and buy for far less money. You are buying the name and sorry gone or not this kind of mark up is a flat out joke. Scary where Shelby is headed pricing things like this. You are right people will pay, but far less people will pay. Soon they will become non-relevant.

If someone wants the basic 29k SS package they'll pay the price......if they don't, they won't.

Too each his own I say.

+1.

The same arguements are made every year for each of the Shelby offerings. The difference is that who ever buys is buying the Shelby brand and everything that goes in to that (history, development, etc.). To many that's worth the price. Clearly to the few comments here that is not the case.

If all you are after is the performance and looks, then yes $29k is not a value. If you want a SuperSnake, pay up and be one of the few with a uniquely Shelby Car.

What R&D? Give me a break. They are putting on a bunch or already proven bolt-on's that ANYONE could go out and buy for far less money. You are buying the name and sorry gone or not this kind of mark up is a flat out joke. Scary where Shelby is headed pricing things like this. You are right people will pay, but far less people will pay. Soon they will become non-relevant.

I'm begining to get the idea that you won't be buying one of these, lol.

+1.

The same arguements are made every year for each of the Shelby offerings. The difference is that who ever buys is buying the Shelby brand and everything that goes in to that (history, development, etc.). To many that's worth the price. Clearly to the few comments here that is not the case.

If all you are after is the performance and looks, then yes $29k is not a value. If you want a SuperSnake, pay up and be one of the few with a uniquely Shelby Car.

Its not that. Its from 07-09 the cost was truly justified. You turned a crappy stock car into something awesome. It looked awesome and it performed awesome and was unique. I would pay 30k to supersnake an 07-09 no problem. Then 2010-2012 it got a little bit less but still everything was an actual upgrade. And still the styling was nice. Probably should have been dropped to 25k but ok fine whats an extra 5k?

Now we come to 13. Not only are we not getting as many upgrades as before they are actually in fact DOWNGRADING the car. So now we are paying the same 30k not just for less parts, less upgrades, but we are in fact getting a WORSE car at the end of the day. If they made the base package 15k. They would make so much more money and it would be worth it. They can keep the options at the same price. At 15k I would pay for this. At 30? Thats ridiculous and pure greed. And the 300-500 people who pay for this are complete IDIOTS who don't care about their money.

Its not that. Its from 07-09 the cost was truly justified. You turned a crappy stock car into something awesome. It looked awesome and it performed awesome and was unique. I would pay 30k to supersnake an 07-09 no problem. Then 2010-2012 it got a little bit less but still everything was an actual upgrade. And still the styling was nice. Probably should have been dropped to 25k but ok fine whats an extra 5k?

Now we come to 13. Not only are we not getting as many upgrades as before they are actually in fact DOWNGRADING the car. So now we are paying the same 30k not just for less parts, less upgrades, but we are in fact getting a WORSE car at the end of the day. If they made the base package 15k. They would make so much more money and it would be worth it. They can keep the options at the same price. At 15k I would pay for this. At 30? Thats ridiculous and pure greed. And the 300-500 people who pay for this are complete IDIOTS who don't care about their money.

Absolutely, Ford is making it more and more difficult to upgrade a fantastic car, but that doesn't immediately imply that Shelby is 'greedy'. We have no idea how easy or difficult it is for Shelby to turn a profit on these cars. Last I check, we live in a free enterprise economy. Shelby is welcome to charge anything they want and the rest of us are free to buy, not buy, to praise, or to whine. And, since the the investment value of an SS is unknown, I think it premature to be calling anyone and idiot who doesn't care about money. At this time it could be said that anyone who doesn't buy a SuperSnake is an idiot who doesn't care about Shelby and heritage it represents.

I am interested in seeing where it is confirmed that the several of the mods are downgrades.

+1.

Great post and I couldn't agree more.

Absolutely, Ford is making it more and more difficult to upgrade a fantastic car, but that doesn't immediately imply that Shelby is 'greedy'. We have no idea how easy or difficult it is for Shelby to turn a profit on these cars. Last I check, we live in a free enterprise economy. Shelby is welcome to charge anything they want and the rest of us are free to buy, not buy, to praise, or to whine. And, since the the investment value of an SS is unknown, I think it premature to be calling anyone and idiot who doesn't care about money. At this time it could be said that anyone who doesn't buy a SuperSnake is an idiot who doesn't care about Shelby and heritage it represents.

I am interested in seeing where it is confirmed that the several of the mods are downgrades.

They are using the same radiator and Heat exchanger from Van. The new stuff is better than that stuff. Hence downgrade. And its pretty easy for them to turn a profit. It cost them around 10-15k and they almost double their money one every single conversion. In this case like I said they will triple it. So if people want to spend money and not even get half a return then yes they don't care about their money. Why? Because these are the people that make enough that this extra 30k is insignificant to them and your not really getting anything that special.

Now another overpriced car is the RTR-C. But at 135k are you getting your moneys worth? Of course not. But your getting 10 of the only full carbon fiber mustangs ever made.

If shelby wants to make truly great stuff, then the effort put into making the shelby 1000 should be what every super snake gets. If you get shelby 1000 stuff at super snake prices my god shelby would be praised so highly. Granted the super snake can not have 1000 hp but all the other stuff included.

I don't disagree with your post, just not a fan of the "complete IDIOTS" comment. Spend what you got the way you want.

I don't disagree with your post, just not a fan of the "complete IDIOTS" comment. Spend what you got the way you want.

Ok I retract the complete idiots comment and replace it with careless spenders. I'm just of the mentality that regardless of how much money I make, whether its 100k a year or 1 billion a year I wouldn't want to waste it. Maybe on a bugatti or huayra though :)

I think the issue is pretty simple. If you want the Shelby manufactured SS and the price doesn't bother you, get it. If not, don't buy it and buy something else and add all the mods you want. Nobody is being forced into buying them and everyone can make their own choices, but there is no good, bad, stupid, smart or whatever here, just personal choice, that's America, at least until the government starts to outlaw cars like this.....

I think the issue is pretty simple. If you want the Shelby manufactured SS and the price doesn't bother you, get it. If not, don't buy it and buy something else and add all the mods you want. Nobody is being forced into buying them and everyone can make their own choices, but there is no good, bad, stupid, smart or whatever here, just personal choice, that's America, at least until the government starts to outlaw cars like this.....

They did the FGT already. Though I think that had to do with the headlights or something being too low

Well said my man.

On Shelby's build sheet it reads $54200 for a base car Can you get a base car for that sort of money?

Most have paid over $60K + $29K for base package + what everyone really wants more power and you are well north of $100K

I'm begining to get the idea that you won't be buying one of these, lol.

You got that right. I am appalled at the thought of them charging $30K for badging. You know there will be people that go out and waste that kind of money on one of these. I am sorry but I don't care what kind of legendary name Shelby is, you are getting 1/3 of your value for that $30K. I could give Revan or VMP $30K, they could burn $15K of it with a match, use the other $15K to upgrade my car and it would be better than the $90K SS. How cares it would not have a CSM and all the gaudy badging.

You mean like a ZR1?

Sure that but I was thinking more like now you are in the Porsche range and a far superior automobile.

Lastly, yes this is American and to each his own. This is just one man and one man's only opinion. Yes it is only my opinion. Carry on :P

Archived