TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to the Shelby world

mcate

Hello all! I'm Mike, & I recently purchased this 2009 Shelby GT 500 with only 3900 miles. Nice little story behind it; I test drove this exact car 3 years ago when it was new at another dealership. (We did some checking & verified that it's the same car) Couldn't strike the right deal, so we let it slide & I bought an '09 Mustang GT instead. The Shelby sold in Oct of that year, & apparently the owners rarely drove it. It just sat in their garage with the cover over it. They traded it in to the dealership here in my town, & I wasn't about to let it slip through my hands again! Traded my '09 GT for it. I went over it with a fine tooth comb, almost hoping to find something wrong with it. But it's absolutely flawless. Don't know if it's Karma or what, but I feel like I was destined to own this car. I couldn't be happier!

post-38698-0-47576600-1347324278_thumb.jpg

post-38698-0-47576600-1347324278_thumb.jpg

Team Shelby was recommended by a FOOF so let me say how great it is that you guys would allow me to join your group.

I just purchased my '13 and all I can say is - WOW! This is only the second Ford I have owned in my life ('96 Ranger) and traded an '09 Challenger SRT for this car.

Can't wait to investigate all the topic areas and pick up on the knowledge base that resides here.

Thanx again, guys. My buddy has a 2010 GT500 (Grabber Blue/red stripes) & we go to shows together all the time. It's nice now with both of us having Shelby's. Of course he's got over $23k in mods, so I've got a ways to go! Not planning on changing as much on mine, though. CAI, tune, shifter, & 3.73 gears for starters. After that, a little engine dress up & it'll be right where I want it.

Archived