TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Adds SPP Division Head to Meet Growth and Expansion

Guest staff2

Shelby American Adds SPP Division Head to Meet Growth and Expansion

Team Shelby – Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc., has added retail veteran and longtime Shelby enthusiast Jer Gervasi as Vice President for its Shelby Performance Parts (SPP) division. In addition, Keith Criswell joined the team as Wholesale Manager for SPP to focus on the rapidly expanding wholesale and dealer segments.

“We’ve spent a lot of time and effort growing Shelby Performance Parts from a startup line of Shelby soft and hard parts to where it is today, providing performance parts for all late model Shelby and Mustang vehicles,” said President of Shelby American John Luft. “Both Jer and Keith bring skill sets needed to grow this business to the next performance level.”

Gervasi will oversee product development, operations, parts sales and customer service. Originally from Massachusetts, he managed operations at several different Guitar Center retail locations across the country. During that time, he drove sales and improved customer service that helped propel the company’s success over the last decade. A committed “gearhead”, Gervasi relocated to the Las Vegas Guitar Center to be near Shelby American in 2009. Transitioning into an industry he has loved his entire life, Gervasi wants to improve the performance parts sales and customer service experience while continuing to expand its product offering.

“I’ve always been drawn to Shelbys and have enjoyed tweaking my own 2007 Shelby GT with SPP equipment,” said Gervasi. “By combining my passion for Shelby with my retail experience, SPP will give customers the best products and buying experience in the marketplace.”

Criswell has tremendous experience, knowledge and success in the aftermarket parts industry. Over the past five years at Drake Automotive Group, Criswell managed millions of dollars in wholesale parts accounts and was responsible for a substantial growth of sales. Previously over the years, Criswell has worked for some of the largest specialty retail companies gaining high-end training in management and business.

“I’ve spent a lifetime working with hot rods, so being part of the Shelby team is a dream come true,” said Criswell. “It’s a thrill to put my experience and skills to work for the Shelby Performance Parts division. I look forward to growing the wholesale program and contributing to the success of Shelby American.”

The expansion of SPP is part of the carefully orchestrated plan laid out by Carroll Shelby and his executive team earlier this year. Celebrating the company’s 50th anniversary in 2012, Shelby American has conducted a grassroots nationwide tour, introduced new cars, added products to the SPP catalog and collaborated with Ford Motor Company on a commemorative vehicle.

“The future is bright for Shelby American,” added Luft. “We methodically reshaped the company into a diversified group of divisions that leverage our decades of experience making cars better, more enjoyable and faster. The result is a strong company that continues to thrive because enthusiasts understand that at Shelby American, performance is our business.”

All of the new parts are available at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com or by calling (702) 405-3500.

About Shelby American, Inc. and Carroll Shelby Licensing

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby American manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles; it offers the Shelby 1000, GT350, GT500 Super Snake and GTS post-title packages for the current generation Ford Mustang. For more information, visit www.shelbyamerican.com. Shelby American is a division of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI.PK). Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., also a wholly owned division, is the exclusive holder of Carroll Shelby's trademarks and vehicle design rights. It also holds trademark rights for Shelby-branded apparel, accessories and collectibles. Information is at www.shelbylicensing.com.

I have worked with Keith when I first bought my car in 07, he has always been great to work with, very professional and courteous, Now Jer is on board, that is great news, I see good things out of these two guys, Great choice for SAI,

Thank you all very much.

Keith and I are already working together on some new ideas we hope you will all enjoy.

Jer

At Galpin Auto Sports in Los Angeles last weekend. Me on left, Keith on right (for those who don't know us):

GalpinJerandKeith.jpg

GalpinJerandKeith.jpg

554593_4665000668098_1746992239_n.jpg

I liked my dates better :wub2:

You're fearless, man.

Jer

Only way I know how to do it!

LOL

Thanks,

Jer

Congratulations to both of you.

And to Jer:

That must have just been a horrible time for you at the photo shoot.

Watching Yates get all the girls, you mean?

LOL

Jer

I've known Jer and Keith for several years and see great things with them working together. It was great seeing you both last weekend at the Galpin Show. Congrats once again Jer and Keith!!

Hopefully the almost non existent dealer program will get up an running again soon.

Alex

Thanks again to everyone for their support...

:happy feet:

Jer

Congratulations guys. Where does this put one of my favorite Shelby guys, Robert Lane?

Robert and Sharon are FINALLY able to focus 100% on their favorite activity, Team Shelby! So they will still be delivering this website, special events, etc... I salute all the effort they put into SPP, they just finally got some much-deserved HELP! The parts and accessory business will now fall under MY umbrella.

Jer

Thanks, Jim...

I've been like a pinball, running from building to building, just getting info and asking a million questions like Columbo.

Shelby's vet employees must feel like the company just bought a terrier at the pet store. To everyone's credit, I have not been stonewalled or shooed away yet.

I really feel like the company wants to make their customers happy - if I didn't, I wouldn't be here.

Jer

Jer, seeing that you are crimbing all over TS you might consider opening your own thread 'Conversations with Jer' or something like that where folks can post up questions, concerns, praise, etc. it would also help you react quicker to postings as you wouldn't need to bounce from thread to thread or search your own name every day (or every few hours as it appears right now) just to see who is talking about you and SPP. Have the thread pinned in a banner at the top with a photo of you and your flowing locks where new products are highlighted.

Again, I'm glad to see you on the job!

Jason

Archived