TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT350 Wheels: Who makes them?

Saw the latest 2013 Selby GT 350 at Laguna Seca earlier this month in Monterey. Like all the photos shown online, it is awesome, especially in Gotta Have It Green. The wheels on the car, shown in the photo, are awesome as well. I'd like to duplicate this look on the Gotta Have it Green GTS convertible I'm about to order from Shelby, but they do not offer these wheels on the GTS.

The wheels look "exactly" like RTR matte Dark Gray wheels, 19 x 9.5 inches, you see online at vendors like American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts, and Late Model Restoration. In another post on the forum, it was said that they were Trueforged wheels, but I could not find them on their website.

Can anyone advise who makes these wheels....if they are not RTR's...and where they might be available?

Thank You

Charlie

post-37992-0-96745300-1346470776_thumb.jpg

post-37992-0-96745300-1346470776_thumb.jpg

They are made by trueforged and like most other shelby wheels the SS,1000, etc they are not for sale to the average person. Only those that do the conversion. You can get the RTR wheels for a look alike.

Thanks. I'm ordering a GTS Convertible in Gotta Have It Green (like the first 2013 GT350); but these particular (Trueforged) wheels are not available for the GTS. Only the black "spider" wheels as shown on the red coupe in the GTS brochure are "allowed."

They probably did that because they don't want people running around making GT350 clones and then selling them off as 350s. Because you can easily get the gt500 spoiler and diffuser due to them being OEM parts. Then have a decal or vinyl guy make the stripes. You could probably still get away with it using the RTR wheels as well

OK, then whose wheels are they? They look an awfully lot like the RTR's...and have the same width....but if not Trueforged then whose wheels are they?

Omg.....they are trueforged its even been said by shelby that is. Now that they are not doing business with alcoa all of their wheels for all of their stuff are from trueforged. Jesus.

Omg.....they are trueforged its even been said by shelby that is. Now that they are not doing business with alcoa all of their wheels for all of their stuff are from trueforged. Jesus.

Trueforged (or Alcoa for that matter) is not the only wheel co Shelby does business with. The GTS does not offer Trueforged as an option (yet). I too would like to see where Shelby claimed the new 350 wheels were made by Trueforged.

Archived