TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW! Shelby Rear Shock Tower Brace!

Jer

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SVT13 are you sure you don't need a doctor? or a psy... :hysterical:

BTW, where are the pictures everyone is waiting to see...of your SHELBY.

In the photo gallery duh.

I'm actually going to be doing a huge build thread in like 2-3 weeks like alex does so there will be lots of pics then too.

Pics as promised:

Driver's side from in cab:

Driverssideincab_zpsf740ffa5.jpg

Passenger side from in cab:

Passincab_zps4a06d18b.jpg

Driver's side from in trunk:

Drivrintrunk_zps1bd19927.jpg

Passenger side from in trunk:

Passintrunk_zpsbb423416.jpg

Installed:

Installed_zpsf586191e.jpg

Hope those help!

Sam

Sam,

Great post - thanks so much!

Hey, go pick out a shirt from the website, and let me know - It's on me, I appreciate your effort!

Jer

Curious. Does anyone think it would be silly to wire a strip of LEDs under the brace to shine through the Shelby cut out?

I bet that would look cool. Nice idea!

Jer

I'm actually going to be doing a huge build thread in like 2-3 weeks like alex does so there will be lots of pics then too.

Can't wait to see it. Thanks!

Jer

AHHHH!!!!! That is good news.

A huge build? But you hesitate selling your GT500?

So it's either "I do it all" or "I don't think it will have much effect and I'd rather sell it"

I understand.

Sam,

Hey, go pick out a shirt from the website, and let me know - It's on me, I appreciate your effort!

Jer

Jer - I just want to confirm, these units will fit a convertible...it is the yet-to-be-released rearseat delete/cross brace that will not fit a convertible, correct?

I started to pull back my side panels the other day to take a peak at it, but decided to wait until daylight this weekend to take a look.

Thanks,

Andy.

Sam,

Jer

Hey Jer - Happy to help - but more than that, really happy to see your involvement in SPP, you're doing a great job!

Sam

Oh, one of these in an XL would be nice if it's not to much! (http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/ws-29.htm)

Jer - I just want to confirm, these units will fit a convertible...it is the yet-to-be-released rearseat delete/cross brace that will not fit a convertible, correct?

I started to pull back my side panels the other day to take a peak at it, but decided to wait until daylight this weekend to take a look.

Thanks,

Andy.

Yes, exactly. We test-fit the rear shock tower brace to a convertible just to be sure.

And the only impediment for the upcoming X-brace fit is the fact that there is no rear-seat delete kit available for them. Otherwise, it may be a possibility.

I haven't given up on that just yet. I would love to be able to take care of my 'vert friends!

Jer

AHHHH!!!!! That is good news.

A huge build? But you hesitate selling your GT500?

So it's either "I do it all" or "I don't think it will have much effect and I'd rather sell it"

I understand.

You know how I roll lol :). Right now I'm looking into options with the build. I'm now debating just not selling my shelby because lets be honest its a pretty damn fast car. So in 4-5 years instead of selling it I'm debating just buying another car to DD. Like a 3 series or something equivalent during that time frame. I honestly don't think we are going to be getting too many more of these cars at this price. I think they said by 2020 we have to be at 50 mpg or something? And in the next couple years some other law is getting passed for cars so cars like this shelby won't even be allowed to get made by then without being able to adhere to the new laws?

Right now I'm looking into corravagio interior for this car. But I have to see how much it cost since its pricy stuff but the quality is second to none.

Hey Jer - Happy to help - but more than that, really happy to see your involvement in SPP, you're doing a great job!

Sam

Oh, one of these in an XL would be nice if it's not to much! (http://www.shelbysto...uct-p/ws-29.htm)

Thanks!

Your shirt is being sent out with your new brake duct kit.

Enjoy!

Jer

Jer speaking of brake duct kit. Is the one you used on the 13 super snake a new one? Or can we buy that for a 13 shelby?

I'll find out for you.

BTW, we are still awaiting parts to make the GT500 version of the brake duct kit available.

Jer

Thank you

You're welcome!

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

Installed....It looks nice!! B) 20121009_065253.jpg

Nice!

Jer

Someone tell Jer to slow down with all these new products....my time and my wallet can't keep up with him!

You got that right. I ordered a KR leather center console cover and the KR fuel door yesterday and found out this morning that the shifter ball Robert got for us is finally in stock. And, now that I see the great pictures of the rear brace installed THAT'S on my wish list. Oh yeah, and then I'll need LEDs for that because that'll be cool too.

My eyes can definitely keep up, but like others my wallet cannot! Hey, though, I'm not complaining...nothing better to spend hard earned money on than gold and Shelby items.

In all seriousness, thanks for our efforts Jer. We all appreciate it.

In all seriousness, thanks for our efforts Jer. We all appreciate it.

LOL! You're welcome!

Good problem to have, right?

Jer

I hate to ask, but do you know if it will fit a vert with the JL Audio stealthbox? I need some chassis stiffening, but I gotta have my tunes also...

I don't know the Stealthbox very well, but if you post some pix of your trunk (with as little carpet as possible covering things), we can figure it out.

Thanks,

Jer

In the last photo, are you pulling the box out with your hand, or is that where the box sits?

Simply put, if the shock towers have a "clear line of sight" to each other, at least 1 inch X 1 inch wide, the brace will fit.

If the box blocks the top of the shock towers from "seeing" each other, it's a no-go.

Jer

Archived