TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is your daily drive?

Obiwan-GYN/OB

Since I purchased my Shelby GT500 I quickly realized that while it is a joy to drive, it is not my first choice for daily commutes or city traffic as I drive it fast and the police notice. Also I don't want it to becomea high mileage auto. I want it to last. So I bought a truck.

My wife has been understanding. Surprisingly.

So I ask, am I alone or do most Shelby owners save their car for special days.

What is the choice other car?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daily driver is the 2011 Toyota Sienna minivan or better known as the grandkids mobile. It has AWD with snow tires so it can travel anywhere at anytime. The Shelby then becomes a real treat when I find the time to drive it.

For weekends, racing, and fun in the sun....

551120_367153010020976_236087618_n.jpg

The wife's toy...

2011-05-22072741.jpg

But for the day to day stuff I picked up a 2000 Explorer V8 Limited

limited.jpg

And she has a 2011 Fusion SEL V6. Really a great car.

2011-02-18123404-1.jpg

Well if it ever actually gets delivered, my daily driver will be a 2013 Mustang GT. Currently I'm sharing the wife's 2010 CR-V...a nice little car but booorrriiinnnggggg.....

2013 Mustang GT / CS 6sp manual 3.73 gears. Love that 5.0 ------I got caught up in the "Got to have the fastest Shelby" a while back. But I have come full circle and now I really enjoy the 08 Shelby GT conv for what it is. Hell the current 2013 GT is almost as fast as my first 07 GT500 stock. The Shelby's just get faster and faster and that's GREAT ! But I had to get off that merry go round. The new Shelby is almost as fast as the Ford GT I used to own. Just amazing

post-9597-0-57692100-1346332735_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-84806700-1346332813_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-57692100-1346332735_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-84806700-1346332813_thumb.jpg

Vehicles in my sig, but my daily driver right now is a 2002 SVT Focus. I want to try and get it to survive until the 2015 Mustang comes out, then I want a base ecoboost for a daily driver, but really getting the bug right now to get something else. I'm trying to resist the urge to get another Fox body GT. The Focus is ok and is a great little car, I just really like driving Mustangs or trucks. Maybe I should get my tail in gear and get my Lightning put back together that I wrecked on Jan 1 2000. Rebuild in slow process.

My daily driver is a 2004 BMW X5 Sport.

However, I plan on splitting time with my Shelby and will end up putting about 8K miles on each of them per year.

I don't figure on driving my Shelby a whole lot between mid December and the end of February here in Colorado, though there is good weather during the winters here, so maybe 2 days a week during that time.

Currently though, I drive the Mustang a lot since I just got it and am learning how to drive it, or maybe I am fooling myself and it's all about the fun.

Yeah, it's all about the fun, I cannot lie.

13 shelby is my daily driver all year round. WIll put 10k miles on it each year. Again I've said it in another thread this car is a mustang not a lamborghini, just drive the damn thing. It won't bring any return on your investment it will depreciaite like crazy regardless of miles, and its cheap to repair.

Though if the new generation of mustang or camaro is really bad ass then I'll buy a GT or SS version of one of those to DD in 3-4 years but most likely not. May just get an AWD A5.

2013 Mustang GT / CS 6sp manual 3.73 gears. Love that 5.0 ------I got caught up in the "Got to have the fastest Shelby" a while back. But I have come full circle and now I really enjoy the 08 Shelby GT conv for what it is. Hell the current 2013 GT is almost as fast as my first 07 GT500 stock. The Shelby's just get faster and faster and that's GREAT ! But I had to get off that merry go round. The new Shelby is almost as fast as the Ford GT I used to own. Just amazing

13 shelby is now faster than FGT :)

13 shelby is my daily driver all year round. WIll put 10k miles on it each year. Again I've said it in another thread this car is a mustang not a lamborghini, just drive the damn thing. It won't bring any return on your investment it will depreciaite like crazy regardless of miles, and its cheap to repair.

Though if the new generation of mustang or camaro is really bad ass then I'll buy a GT or SS version of one of those to DD in 3-4 years but most likely not. May just get an AWD A5.

I read that you don't have a garage for your Shelby is this true ?

I read that you don't have a garage for your Shelby is this true ?

Yea for right now. Though my car is maybe exposed to outside all of maybe 7 hours a day. Usually car is kept in my work garage for the majority of the day. And on weekends its garaged. I had my car go through a crazy detail treatment right when I got it so really nothing sticks to it and I wash it every week. It has lots of paint protection and interior protection done to it. Has undercoating too even.

As of right now it has 2100 miles and not a single scratch on it and I've had it for 2 months. Still smells new on the inside too. I have the car cover if a huge rain storm is going to come and I can't garage then the cover is there for emergencies. But usually if bad weather is coming its garaged. So really it sits for 7 hours outside at night time on nice nights.

Again its a mustang not a lambo. Hell even my neighbor leaves his 458 italia sitting on his driveway every day all day.

Actually, probably so....I put about 2500 miles/year on the truck and Shelby, except I put the Shelby up for about 3-6 weeks in the late winter....mostly because of the nasty dirt filled winds or any little snow we might get, and she doesn't get driven in the rain. No true for the Falcon. ;-)

Hey svt13 --- You are right about a 2013 Shelby will go WAY down in value if it's kept outside for several years. I totally see your point.

It won't be kept outside for several years. Just 1 maybeee 2. Does it really matter if it has zero marks on it? If I give you 2 shelbys that are completely unmarked and still have the new car smell and the only difference is one was in the garage and the other was outside (only on nice nights) you really would care which one you picked? I didn't know a little wind and dust would kill the car. Hell I'm actually MORE scared to put it in my garage for fear something will fall on it or someone will carry something inside and rub and scratch the car. Many more ways for something inside the garage to mess up the car.

We used to have Windstar vans. Hers was mostly the family van and mine was used like a truck to carry just about anything and everything. Ever tried to put 20 sheets of sheetrock in a mustang. :hysterical:

After 10-11 years, we finally broke down and replaced the vans. Now hers is a 2011 Explorer Limited AWD and mine is a 2011 Flex Limited AWD. With the AWD, maybe I can get away with not snowblowing our driveway this winter. ^_^

Mike

My daily drive is a 2008 Subaru Forester. The roads around here in the spring,fall and winter get pretty nasty!!!!!! In March I get the urge to bring out the beast which becomes my part-time daily driver ( Summer only ,haha )

Archived