TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New SPP sale?

07SGT5687

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got some major parts to order and really need to wait for the next SPP sale. Can you give me any indication as to when the next sale might be?

Thanks, JR

Your the closest number I have seen to mine, I have yet to find a S-GT with a number higher than mine. Not that it means anything, just interesting.

Too many sales... that's funny. Those who agree... even funnier. I’m glad other vendors do not subscribe to this philosophy.

Shelby isn't a value brand, it's an aspirational brand. One sure way to devalue a brand is with consistent sales.

Our dealer network will be able to offer more sales should they wish.

Shelby isn't a value brand, it's an aspirational brand. One sure way to devalue a brand is with consistent sales.

Our dealer network will be able to offer more sales should they wish.

That's a 25 cent word... Had to look it up! :hysterical2:

Yes asperational... I like the way that sounds... B)

And it's a value in my book too... :happy feet:

Let me just say... wow. So am I understanding correctly that the "gist" of the response to my question of wanting to spend a fairly ample amount of money (at least my my modest standards) with SPP is, and I'm paraphrasing... "we don't provide value, we provide aspiration?" Well said.

I should have known better to even start this thread... going to bite my tongue off and get over the frustration of having to by the parts I want - except from the actual manufacturers that make them at the de-premiumed price. Not the way I like to roll, but not all of us have a choice - NOR the unquestioning loyalty in the face of responses like that.

Pardon I have some phone calls to make to;

Fays2

Maximum Motorsports

Moroso

BMR

:banghead::censored::redcard::rant2:

Let me just say... wow. So am I understanding correctly that the "gist" of the response to my question of wanting to spend a fairly ample amount of money (at least my my modest standards) with SPP is, and I'm paraphrasing... "we don't provide value, we provide aspiration?" Well said.

I should have known better to even start this thread... going to bite my tongue off and get over the frustration of having to by the parts I want - except from the actual manufacturers that make them at the de-premiumed price. Not the way I like to roll, but not all of us have a choice - NOR the unquestioning loyalty in the face of responses like that.

Fays2

Maximum Motorsports

Moroso

BMR

Your mailbox is full.

Contact me ASAP... I'd love to hear from you.

JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Jer Gervasi

Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts

Las Vegas, NV

I can see SPP not wanting to do many sales to the public but should do at least some sales for TS members. That is one thing that A LOT of members look forward to is the sales.

+1...............we are members.........a little bit different than the rest of the public, am I wrong?

Jer, who is the president of SPP? I was unaware that you were vice. This is good to know.

I am a new Vice President at Shelby American, responsible for running SPP, as of yesterday.

Contact me personally for any inquiries, compliments, or complaints from this point on.

Thanks!

Jer

+1...............we are members.........a little bit different than the rest of the public, am I wrong?

This why an extra 5% is included for members when a sale is held.

Something to keep in mind is that Shelby Performance Parts (SPP) is a Premium Retailer/Manufacture not a volumn retailer therefore they cannot provide the discounts offered by others. Yes, you must pay a premium for the Shelby branding of parts that can be had directly from the manufacture, this is not a unique business model, and yes SPP recognizes they will loose some business as a result. As long as SPP doesn't over extend their capabilities, which is what I think is actually hurting SPP's small staff and is felt by the costumer in service and low stock, the 'premium retailer' is the ideal business model for them. There are plenty of us who are willing to wait and pay a premium to support the brand.

No, you are absolutely right, being a TS member DOES set you apart from the casual public customer.

I would ask everyone to sit tight as this issue runs its course here at Shelby, and I'll personally communicate the company's stance as it is firmed up.

I appreciate your patience.

Jer

Cool. Congrats Jer. Here's hoping for good things for you and SPP. There's alot of improvement to be made there. B)

Like any company in the world, there are always opportunities for improvement, and my job is to find them here at SPP and implement solutions.

Several are already in motion, and I expect to see results in short order. I'm looking forward to making my fellow Shelby fanatics happy.

Jer

I can see SPP not wanting to do many sales to the public but should do at least some sales for TS members. That is one thing that A LOT of members look forward to is the sales.

What are the benefits of becoming a club memeber? I have been considering it but thought the biggest benefit at least for me is the bigger discuont offered to team members. But if SPP won't even do sales for team members more often or at least have a constant 10% off or something like that even 5% off then forget it.

Jer Congrats! Could not imagine a better man for the gig!

Thanks, brother!

Jer

Fays2

Maximum Motorsports

Moroso

BMR

According to this on wiki "In consumer marketing, an aspirational brand (or product) means a large segment of its exposure audience wishes to own it, but for economical reasons cannot. An aspirational product implies certain positive characteristics to the user, but the supply appears limited due to limited production quantities."

Aspirational brand is a brand that is exposed to a large amount of people who all want their stuff (the shelby community), but are too poor to afford it essentially. Which I don't think this definitions justifies the buyers of SPP. If all of us can afford a Shelby, we can afford their products. The reason though people want a discount is because these products by Shelby, are not original or unique (except the cf splitter, hood, and cooling tanks though I could be wrong about that last one). If these parts were original and unique, then I completely understand not offering a discount.

But you guys take other manufactuers parts and stamp your name on it then offer a huge premium for it. Give a little back more often to us the people that keep you in business.

I would love to order all my upgrades from Shelby to support the brand and because it adds a certain value to have Shelby parts on a gt500, but there is a limit to the madness of paying a premium again and again for parts I can easily get for cheaper but I am choosing not to.

Whats frustrating isn't so much the lack of a sale but the stock on hand. Every time I call for the SGT valve covers I'm told they should be here in two weeks. Well, two weeks later I'm sung the same song... two more weeks. I have cams waiting for install with the valve covers. Let's not even get into the cost of shipping. :-/

Archived