TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No BOSS 302 in 2014......

EL SHELBY

Yep, mustang_girl, I'm right there with you. Just get the 5.8 in the 500 strong enough to take the bore and stroke to get it to 429. Keep the weight the same and have a monster machine road racer or drag racer. :)

Yeah, I prefer road course too. But I wouldn't mind having a 429 as well as the 302 :-)

It's great to see a real female mustang racing enthusiast here that could, and does, race other guys under the table! This is one mustang_girl that isn't about "show" she's all "go"! :-)

I would LOVE to have a boss. A boss LS would just be an added bonus. As far as the rear seat? Really there isn't much of a reason for one anyway. My kid is one and he has a tight squeeze. I couldn't imagine him being older and making him sit back there.

I'm not sure what packages they have in them interior wise. But i remember the complaints about the early Shelby's not having heated seats sync radio controls on the wheel. A ball massaged all that crap. To be honest with you i don't want it. If i wanted a caddy i would have bought one. I'm sure they are nice features, but buying a car like this it seems like a waste of money. Radio AC power windows/locks and I'm good.

I do have a question for u '12 LS boys. On the streets you have any issues dragging that chin spoiler? I hear that is a real downfall of the LS if your driving them around town?

And i hope the comment about having a bunch of them sitting on used lots is true. Ill have to keep an eye out

I would LOVE to have a boss. A boss LS would just be an added bonus. As far as the rear seat? Really there isn't much of a reason for one anyway. My kid is one and he has a tight squeeze. I couldn't imagine him being older and making him sit back there.

I'm not sure what packages they have in them interior wise. But i remember the complaints about the early Shelby's not having heated seats sync radio controls on the wheel. A ball massaged all that crap. To be honest with you i don't want it. If i wanted a caddy i would have bought one. I'm sure they are nice features, but buying a car like this it seems like a waste of money. Radio AC power windows/locks and I'm good.

I do have a question for u '12 LS boys. On the streets you have any issues dragging that chin spoiler? I hear that is a real downfall of the LS if your driving them around town?

And i hope the comment about having a bunch of them sitting on used lots is true. Ill have to keep an eye out

There aren't too many used LS's sitting on lots yet and I doubt you'll see that in the near future.

On the other hand, there are quite a few new ones sitting on dealer show room floors... but I'm sure that has something to do with $5k to 15k ADM's.

If you leave the front splitter on, you have to be very careful about driveways, dips, and curbs. You learn to go diagonally out driveways... I'm careful, but I still sometimes scrape it a little. Since mine is primarily just my track car, I don't drive it on the street much.

There aren't too many used LS's sitting on lots yet and I doubt you'll see that in the near future.

On the other hand, there are quite a few new ones sitting on dealer show room floors... but I'm sure that has something to do with $5k to 15k ADM's.

I saw a 2012 in a showroom last month.. still asking $20k over. What a joke.

Guys, having owned SGT3131 (without and then with the whipple installed) for 32K miles and now a 2013 Boss for 5K miles. I can tell you the Boss Car rides much better than the SGT in normal drving conditions. I drove my old SGT a few months ago at Hallet and then drove my Boss next race cycle. The Boss by far exceeds the drvie comfort and handling of the SGT. Now having said that I felt like the SGT is a true performer but Boss car it is not. And I do plan on buying another SGT when the right car comes my way in 2014 or so. I just hope it has all the documentation I had when I sold my SGT. The good news is a very close friend of mine purchased the SGT so it is kin of like family owning it.

Take Care and Gears Up Men !!!

-Billy

• 2 months later...

The Boss 302 is my perfect track car. I love it. I have my GT-500 convertible for the street, with all the creature comforts.

And I did do an AC delete -- took the AC condenser out, and it solved all the car's cooling problems (that a carbon fiber Tiger racing hood and 302S grille did not).

The Tiger racing hood does remove heat but its main purpose is to reduce lift.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived