TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No BOSS 302 in 2014......

EL SHELBY

Yes, I know, a two year only run of the BOSS 302 has always been assumed as it would mirror the '69-'70 BOSS 302 production. However I'm still a bit surprised considering the BOSS 302 popularity.

http://mustangsdaily...colors-options/

Will Ford offer something in it's place? Is this info incomplete? Is Ford making room for the 2015 ramp-up?

2014 Ford Mustang Changes:

• Colors: Ruby Red (RR) replaces Red Candy (RZ). Oxford White (YZ) replaces Performance White (HP).
  • Base V6 100A & 101A: New option called “V6 Appearance Package,” option code 541.
  • Premium V6 201A: Hood Stripe, option code 471.
  • Base GT 300A & 301A: New option called “GT Appearance Package,” option code 542.
  • GT/CS 402A: Colors limited to Deep Impact Blue, Race Red, Black, Sterling Gray, Ingot Silver, and Oxford White.
  • Boss 302 500A & Laguna Seca 501A: Missing, so it appears to be true that the Boss 302 was a 2 year run only (’12 & ’13).
  • Shelby GT500: Matte Black stripes replaced by Gloss Black stripes.

Who knows, maybe Ford will sneak a Boss 351 with a N/A 5.8 in for 2014 to repeat history back in 1971. It would add a little interest to the S-197 chassis before they change over to the 2015 and beyond Mustangs. They did it back in 2001 and 2003/4 with the Bullit and and Mach's to extend interest in the SN95 series until they could get the 2005 Mustang out. :shrug:

The Boss is a GREAT car, but they are not exactly flying off the lots, I was shocked every time I heard people mention ADM's, absolutely ridiculous. If they sold quicker and made a significant profit Ford would keep building them, unless they have a plan of some kind of replacement with the new Models coming out.

The Boss is a GREAT car, but they are not exactly flying off the lots, I was shocked every time I heard people mention ADM's, absolutely ridiculous. If they sold quicker and made a significant profit Ford would keep building them, unless they have a plan of some kind of replacement with the new Models coming out.

Its the ADM's that are keep the cars from selling IMO, but its also a nitch car that is precieved to be more of a 'toy' than transportation. Not many averge Joe's want to drive a track oriented car everyday to work. The pricing is also fine balance between the GT and GT500. Its either just our of reach or it's "I'm not paying that much for a Mustang without leather, Nav, and a power/heated seat."

Ford never built the BOSS to make a profit, it was purely a car to generate excitement.

I love the Boss 302 because it was based on functionality. Not having a SYNC or other equipment was perfect for me. If they had an AC delete option on the standard Boss, I would have checked that box too.

The Boss302.com has gained a lot of traction over the past few months, so members are enjoying their rides too.

I won't comment about 2014, however, the changes coming in 2015 will be very interesting.

Sorry folks BOSS 302 never did it for me, didn't have enough creature comforts and I had issues with the look of the grill and no driving lights. I hated the LS paint scheme even more.

GG

I agree on the LS, specifically the 2012, horrid looking.

If I were in the market today I would more than likely buy a Boss, but I would pay under MSRP.

I love the Boss 302 because it was based on functionality. Not having a SYNC or other equipment was perfect for me. If they had an AC delete option on the standard Boss, I would have checked that box too.

The Boss302.com has gained a lot of traction over the past few months, so members are enjoying their rides too.

I won't comment about 2014, however, the changes coming in 2015 will be very interesting.

Changes...for the better or worse?

The Boss 302 is my perfect track car. I love it. I have my GT-500 convertible for the street, with all the creature comforts.

And I did do an AC delete -- took the AC condenser out, and it solved all the car's cooling problems (that a carbon fiber Tiger racing hood and 302S grille did not).

The Boss is a car that I get into and have smile on my face from the second I hear that incredible exhaust to the second that I hear the door dinging when I turn it off and get out of the beast. The looks are much more aggressive on the Boss than my 08 SGT vert and the Boss is simply a better car overhaul than my SGT. I still love the SGT for different reasons and if I had to choose between the two I would take the BOSS all day long.

I can't even describe how cool it is to have all the power up around 6000 to 7500K rpms and with the track KEY that turns the Boss into a real wild ride.

The track key is a little over blown. They tried to get a big block idle but had to tune it back for emissions. The idle has a little cam rumble but not much. Alot of Boss owners still are not sure when you install the track key that you reduce your power train warranty from 5/60000 to 3/36000 . I agree the black LS is just way over the top and will not age well. Two seat Mustang will sit on a used car lot in the future. The current black LS got it just right and to bad you can't get leather Racaro's.Ford had to replace the cloth on the drivers side Recaro's @ 6000 miles. I bought it used but a worn seat @ 6000 miles , come on the tires had less wear !! The tech told me Ford paid $2500 for the job. The radio they put in the Boss is very close to the original am radio from the 60's LOL.

The current black LS got it just right and to bad you can't get leather Racaro's.Ford had to replace the cloth on the drivers side Recaro's @ 6000 miles. I bought it used but a worn seat @ 6000 miles , come on the tires had less wear !! The tech told me Ford paid $2500 for the job. The radio they put in the Boss is very close to the original am radio from the 60's LOL.

I got a qoute from a company to replace the covers in leather for $1,100 for both seats. The reason why they didn't put leather in it is because its a track car and why would anybody want leather cooking you while on the track.

Just curious to the size of your passenger to have worn the seat out? :camera:

I got a qoute from a company to replace the covers in leather for $1,100 for both seats. The reason why they didn't put leather in it is because its a track car and why would anybody want leather cooking you while on the track.

Just curious to the size of your passenger to have worn the seat out? :camera:

Like I said I bought it used and the guy was not heavy or anything. The guy that replaced the seat said that he tested the cloth and said it does not ware well. This company only does seat repar. Lets see my Ford GT had leather with holes for sweat. All I am saying is those seats do not ware well @ the stitching so beware.

The track key is a little over blown. They tried to get a big block idle but had to tune it back for emissions. The idle has a little cam rumble but not much. Alot of Boss owners still are not sure when you install the track key that you reduce your power train warranty from 5/60000 to 3/36000 . I agree the black LS is just way over the top and will not age well. Two seat Mustang will sit on a used car lot in the future. The current black LS got it just right and to bad you can't get leather Racaro's.Ford had to replace the cloth on the drivers side Recaro's @ 6000 miles. I bought it used but a worn seat @ 6000 miles , come on the tires had less wear !! The tech told me Ford paid $2500 for the job. The radio they put in the Boss is very close to the original am radio from the 60's LOL.

This is false. The Track Key install DOES NOT void the car's warranty.

The Red Key, as a Ford Racing part, which does however come with a 3/36000 warranty, which reads that if there is a failure DIRECTLY DUE TO the red key use THEN that is covered under the 3/36000. If however there is a failure of a part, even in the power train that was not caused by anything the Red Key did then it is covered under the 5/60000. This is pretty damn good!

In a track car, why do you want leather and fancy radios? And I don't know what was done to your seat, but mine is practically mint with well over 6K miles.

TracKey doesn't void your warranty, and Ford Racing (although not the dealers) has been great to deal with. In fact, while my Porsche co-workers have had to sue Porsche to get defective parts replaced in cars that have been tracked, Ford Racing didn't blink an eye. (the dealer did, but that's a different story)

All in all, I love my Laguna Seca. Quite possibly the best purchase I ever made...

In a track car, why do you want leather and fancy radios? And I don't know what was done to your seat, but mine is practically mint with well over 6K miles.

TracKey doesn't void your warranty, and Ford Racing (although not the dealers) has been great to deal with. In fact, while my Porsche co-workers have had to sue Porsche to get defective parts replaced in cars that have been tracked, Ford Racing didn't blink an eye. (the dealer did, but that's a different story)

All in all, I love my Laguna Seca. Quite possibly the best purchase I ever made...

I did not say void I said the power train is limited to 3years 36000 miles VS 5years 60000. I did not track the car every second I drove it. The up graded radio with XM is a nice option . Ford was trying to keep it close to the original 69/70 boss. But I had a original 70 Boss with deluxe interior and AM/FM radio ( top of the line in those days ). So you see they could have offered this option. As far as the seat I bought it used with 6K miles and the owner could not understand why it was worn so bad.I am not knocking your car just discusing some features. I am sure you are very proud of your purchase cause it is very special car.

This is false. The Track Key install DOES NOT void the car's warranty.

The Red Key, as a Ford Racing part, which does however come with a 3/36000 warranty, which reads that if there is a failure DIRECTLY DUE TO the red key use THEN that is covered under the 3/36000. If however there is a failure of a part, even in the power train that was not caused by anything the Red Key did then it is covered under the 5/60000. This is pretty damn good!

Who said void ? I said alot of owners I have talked to were not sure if the track key could or would reduce the power train coverage if they had a problem. Alot of them would have been reasured it that clause was not in there to start with. Don't you agree.That's all I said .

I guess that's why there are so many 65-66 Shelby GT350's languishing on used car lots today... :hysterical2:

66-GT350.jpg

I guess that's why there are so many 65-66 Shelby GT350's languishing on used car lots today... :hysterical2:

66-GT350.jpg

Nice car !!! This was only for the 1965 year. They went to a back seat cause Shelby wanted to sell more cars for 1966.

Ok after 11 months I sold my 2012 used Boss cause I did not like the color, wheels, stripes, interior,and radio . I liked the great engine and the way it went around corners .I sold the car for more than I paid for it.I tried to over look those things but could not. I know why the interior was designed like that .Hell I have owned several old Boss's so I know what they are about. But this is 2012 and there are alot of Mustangs to choose from. Now don't climb all over me . Good bye to this Boss section since I don't own one anymore.

I did not say void I said the power train is limited to 3years 36000 miles VS 5years 60000.

And you would be incorrect. The power train warranty is STILL 5/60,000 UNLESS the failed part is found to be directly caused by the changes made by the Track Key software then you are 3/36,000.

Here is how Ford explains it:

TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 or Laguna Seca by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern. Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

This sort of incorrect warranty impact information has been posted over and over on the web since theTrack Key was announced and at least owners should understand and set the record straight whenever this misinformation is published.

Archived