TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby oil separator

jnf

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, 32 pages with no end in site. Of course, by my own comments on how long it is, just makes t longer so, I'm moving on. No more reading this thread for me. On to others that are more meaningful.

Can someone make me a separator that's like a heart, or maybe a liver? How about a platypus shaped? I want to make sure no one assumes its an oil separator.

Oh wait, God (or whatever creation theory/belief you subscribe to) might be offended.

Hey I like your True Forged rims they look killer on the Vista Blue.

+1 :yup:

Thanks Fellas. Your cars are sweet as well.

Can someone make me a separator that's like a heart, or maybe a liver? How about a platypus shaped? I want to make sure no one assumes its an oil separator.

Oh wait, God (or whatever creation theory/belief you subscribe to) might be offended.

Nope, platypus is out, I heard someone already makes a elephant shaped one (it's exactly the same).

• 2 weeks later...

What ever happened to the Shelby oil separators?

From what was posted previously, they looked really good.

Any news or updates here?

Do you mean these:

http://www.shelbystore.com/Oil-Separator-p/os1-.htm

I just ordered one with the associated connecting hose. It take 3 minutes to install.

Jim

• 1 month later...

I havent posted here because I really didnt feel like it was any of my business, but this thread does have a few beneficial things we can take from it-

Tucker, I have used your products in the past, and will continue to use the best products for my vehicle regardless of manufacturer. I understand what this means to you, but to me its my fun thing, my thing to break away from the drama, not add to it. This is in the end a Shelby American owned forum, and the majority of people here are going to be biased towards Shelby's side on this. I believe it would have been much better for you if you made a single comment on it, and then let it rest. I do believe what has transpired here will hurt you some business wise by how the thread has gone, not the actual oil separator issue. Most of us that have been around a long while dont need things like this pointed out as we find out on our own what it is like to do business with certain companies, and who to avoid, and who isnt honest. Its not a new subject, and one that we have seen with Revan Racing and Project321. Both good companies, and companies I still do business with.

When I read through the first 33 pages of back and forth, I was reminded that the same could be said of a Cheeseburger. They all have the same things, and all do as advertised. In the end, an oil seperator is an oil seperator, which is why I never posted- but your video did have me take note of the fact that SHR does indeed look to use your design without the internals at all, just with a hex instead of a round shape. Why would their lid have the exact same dimensions, threads, and filter lip yours has? So while I believe Shelby did make an effort to do a design differently, SHR makes me wonder what their design was based on altogether. If the video would have been your SECOND post on here, I think you would have been in a much better position on this topic. Not a criticism, just maybe something that helps you in the future. You can never be 100% right on the internet, no matter what you argue or assert. People are just too different to agree.

I didnt get the Shelby or the JLT. I got the Bob's. Why? Mainly because it comes with red and blue fittings, and my car is blue with red stripes. It will look pretty. Im just silly like that. :shoppingcart_:

Good luck to everyone involved!

when a grown man acts like a little baby its very sad ,, :baby: ,,and Truck ,you can send me a FREE one of yours and let me try it out ,and see the differents you ramble about , :hysterical:

I certainly don't need to defend Tucker but I do have empathy for a young independent business owner that spent his own time and limited funds to design and bring to market a product that is tailored to our cars.

I suppose it's clear where Mr. Switzer stands on cloning a product...

As long as it legal to do ,, cloning is another way of showing respect ,its all how you look at it .

you can make anything or anyone seem ugly ,but are they really ?

No one can make anyone think what they want ,

the last time I did check ,,today ,,it was still a FREE country ,and lets all hope it stays that way ,

Buy the item you want ,,not someone telling you to buy theirs cause its better .

Have a nice day :salute:

As long as it legal to do ,, cloning is another way of showing respect ,its all how you look at it .

you can make anything or anyone seem ugly ,but are they really ?

No one can make anyone think what they want ,

the last time I did check ,,today ,,it was still a FREE country ,and lets all hope it stays that way ,

Buy the item you want ,,not someone telling you to buy theirs cause its better .

Have a nice day :salute:

Copying someone's product almost to a tee and then selling it and competing against them is deifinitely not showing respect. I think cloning and copying just shows that your too lazy and not innovative enough to create your own product. As stated, yes an oil separator is an oil separator, they will all essentially do the same job. But when it is nearly an exact match except the internals, to me that is copying. And like dubbs said, I too wonder what SHR based their design off of. I can't believe they would just happen to come up with the same design by not even looking at JLT's. Or having a machine that is only capable of making that design only.

Archived