TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Route 66 tour being worked on now!

sportscars

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are funny! Carrier pigeon for text messages. Think how hard it was to "sext message" back then. :hysterical: That took forever!

I assume since you hijacked my thread that you all intend on coming on the trip, right? :hysterical:

You guys are funny! Carrier pigeon for text messages. Think how hard it was to "sext message" back then. :hysterical: That took forever!

I assume since you hijacked my thread that you all intend on coming on the trip, right? :hysterical:

When you say TRIP what do you mean, I'm old and do fall sometimes!

You get it planned, I'll be there!

This sounds fun. I have subscribe to this thread.

What would it cost to ship a car from CA to Chicago? I could then fly to Chicago and do the trip. I could not swing from CA to Chicago and back in my time frame for vacation.

Maybe if you could get a few people to ship your cars togeather it might be cheaper..just a thought, I have them sometimes..

Any way you do it Sean, It will be a blast. My Vote is obviously Santa Monica to Chicago, but either way, I am sure us CA folks will have a Caravan to Chicago if it starts there and pick up a few along the way.. Alex

I'd like to do the Chicago to CA drive and then Alex you can do your magic on my car after the trip.

I used to do it many times in the late 1960s from K.C., MO to Riverside and back for college. I last did a summer run across the desert in seven years ago. Once you see the World's Biggest Thermometer in Barstow pushing past 112 degrees at nine in the morning, you start reconsidering doing the run ever again! But I may ship up my car across the Pacific to CA and do a partial run out Needles and back to Riverside for the SAAC-38 Convention in 2013 at California Speedway. B)

Guest markham51

Chicago to Santa Monica. Was planning to do it this September, but would be much more fun as a group. Would take the Yosemite...Yellowstone...Mt Rushmore return route back to Canada.

I have heard good things about Roads Scholar and Reliable transportation, but I have never used any of them myself.

I've used Reliable and Intercity. Reliable is big. Zero communications. I've used Intercity a couple times and found them to far more customer oriented.

From what I am reading on the forums, it is looking more likely that the Canada event will not be around the Woodward time frame, but probably some time before it. I will look at options for ending in Chicago a few days before Woodward. Then if people want to experience the largest one day car gathering on the planet they can. Ford also has a really great presence at Woodward and we can try to hook up with them and Mustang Alley.

Like I say, it is all just preliminary at this point and nothing is set in stone or being ruled out. More details to come!

IASHELBYGT: LOL...Iowa is the only state of the 50 I have not done a build for on a car in the past 15 years!! Bring it on..

Sean, what ever you choose, I's sure it will be amazing, so I look forward to seeing what you come up with, with your team...

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Chicago to Santa Monica. Was planning to do it this September, but would be much more fun as a group. Would take the Yosemite...Yellowstone...Mt Rushmore return route back to Canada.

If you get to Mt Rushmore area let me know and maybe we could get together.

Archived