TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Route 66 tour being worked on now!

sportscars

As so many people keep asking me to do this - I finally agreed and I am in the planning process for the tour now. Working out all the thousands of details is pretty time consuming, but I will keep you updated on the progress. I would imagine I will have a mostly completed event by the end of February.

We will start from Santa Monica around July 31st and end in Chicago around August 7th.

Route 66 is about 2300 miles - one way! This is not a trip for the faint of heart (or those afraid to drive their Shelbys!).

I will keep you all updated on the progress. As always, thanks for your support!

Sean

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Route66Bash

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh? Today is 11-Aug, so if you're going on Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica you'd better already be hauling a**. Do you mean September or October, or is this a 2013 endeavor?

Yes, 2013. No way we could do one this week - it would be a little late to open registration now :hysterical: , especially since TS has not announced the dearborn event dates yet.

I think Sean means for next year....sounds like fun. For those of you that don't know Sean, he puts on amazing events and will not disappoint!!

Alex

:wub: Thanks Alex! I try my best. As a fellow perfectionist, I appreciate the kind words.

:lurk:

I did St Louis to Santa Monica and back this year going to the 50th. What a great time!!!

Have to include Holbrook AZ and staying in wigwams. Williams AZ for Rods Steak House for dinner. And Tucumcari NM there is so much there. See sig pic. And the blue swallow motel! :rockon:

As so many people keep asking me to do this - I finally agreed and I am in the planning process for the tour now. Working out all the thousands of details is pretty time consuming, but I will keep you updated on the progress. I would imagine I will have a mostly completed event by the end of September. The two most likely options at this point are:
  1. Go from Chicago and end in Santa Monica around August 15th. Then run up to the Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance via the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) and spend the weekend there. Of course the second part would be optional. But if you skip the PCH then you may not be right in the head.....
  2. Go from Santa Monica and end in Chicago around August 15th. Then cruise over to Dearborn for the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Both of these events happen on the 3rd weekend of August so it is one or the other. If TS is doing their Dearborn event in conjunction with Woodward that would make it a no-brainer! Route 66 is about 2300 miles - one way! This is not a trip for the faint of heart (or those afraid to drive their Shelbys!). I will keep you all updated on the progress. As always, thanks for your support! Sean

Sounds fun. One vote for Chicago to Santa Monica then Monterey. (Then a one hour drive home ;) )

As so many people keep asking me to do this - I finally agreed and I am in the planning process for the tour now. Working out all the thousands of details is pretty time consuming, but I will keep you updated on the progress. I would imagine I will have a mostly completed event by the end of September.

The two most likely options at this point are:

1. Go from Chicago and end in Santa Monica around August 15th. Then run up to the Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance via the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) and spend the weekend there. Of course the second part would be optional. But if you skip the PCH then you may not be right in the head.....

2. Go from Santa Monica and end in Chicago around August 15th. Then cruise over to Dearborn for the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Both of these events happen on the 3rd weekend of August so it is one or the other. If TS is doing their Dearborn event in conjunction with Woodward that would make it a no-brainer!

Route 66 is about 2300 miles - one way! This is not a trip for the faint of heart (or those afraid to drive their Shelbys!).

I will keep you all updated on the progress. As always, thanks for your support!

Sean

2300 miles!!!.........that's nothing. Try 2500 miles....through Europe....with fantastic people.....oh wait, you did try that......never mind.

This really, really sounds like a great adventure Sean.

A few pics to motivate...

Joseph City, AZ

Jack Rabitt Trading post... Another must. Especially for the Bunny lovers...

IMG_3816-1-2.jpg

Amarillo, TX

Nothing like a big steak at the Big Texan... :drool:

IMG_3780.jpg

Or Rods Steak House

Williams, AZ

IMG_0536-1.jpg

Fireworks outside of Albuqurque!

IMG_3806.jpg

Tucumcari, NM

Blue Swallow Motel...

IMG_3802.jpg

A few pics to motivate...

Joseph City, AZ

Jack Rabitt Trading post... Another must. Especially for the Bunny lovers...

IMG_3816-1-2.jpg

Amarillo, TX

Nothing like a big steak at the Big Texan... :drool:

IMG_3780.jpg

Or Rods Steak House

Williams, AZ

IMG_0536-1.jpg

Fireworks outside of Albuqurque!

IMG_3806.jpg

Tucumcari, NM

Blue Swallow Motel...

IMG_3802.jpg

no picture of the corner in Winslow AZ??

Any way you do it Sean, It will be a blast. My Vote is obviously Santa Monica to Chicago, but either way, I am sure us CA folks will have a Caravan to Chicago if it starts there and pick up a few along the way..

Alex

I think they are planning a shelby run through Canada in Aug. 2013, do you want to check that date before setting yours?

I think they are planning a shelby run through Canada in Aug. 2013, do you want to check that date before setting yours?

Yes, that's one of the main reasons no date has been set yet, although Robert did say he doubted they would do the Canada route in conjunction with Woodward (which is always the 3rd weekend of August). Time will tell.

Some of us wear girl britches every day ;-)

I'm old so sometimes I forget to even put on my britches much less little girl britches

LOL at least you didn't post pics ;-)

Oh sorry for the delay I had to go take a nap, and just so you know I don't even know how to post any pictures it's a big enough job just working these computers, I remember when we had telephones.

Oh sorry for the delay I had to go take a nap, and just so you know I don't even know how to post any pictures it's a big enough job just working these computers, I remember when we had telephones.

Telephones?!?! We only had tin cans and string!!!!

Archived