TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Prototype #1 Build

I dont like the exhaust tips. I emailed and asked about it and I got some generic response about a 2008 SS offering 650 hp. Mine comes with 650 why would I spend that just for a body kit. I am a little upset I didnt get a better response regarding the 13 Supersnake.

I dont like the exhaust tips. I emailed and asked about it and I got some generic response about a 2008 SS offering 650 hp. Mine comes with 650 why would I spend that just for a body kit. I am a little upset I didnt get a better response regarding the 13 Supersnake.

Well then if you want an SS all you have to do is 1700 for hood, 750 for splitter, 550 for tanks, 150 for brake cooling. Ignore everything else. So instead of paying 40k you just pay 3k and you get an SS clone :) lol.

I think the exhaust tips look better that the euro twin tips.

It's a prototype, Sales wouldn't know anything yet. Give them a chance to finalize the package.

I've received multiple similarly disappointing responses to every one of my inquiries.

It's a prototype, Sales wouldn't know anything yet. Give them a chance to finalize the package.

Prototype or not, canned answers that have little if anything to do with the question(s) asked do nothing to inspire confidence in the organization or its products. They'd be better off simply telling us they don't know anything than offering seemingly random bits of unrelated information.

Went out to Shelby today on my way back down from St.George, UT.

Asked one of the sales guys on the floor about the 13 SS.

He said that it would not be on display until the end of the month as they were still working on the final product.

He had no additional information to give.

Did see a race red 1000 parked outside of the mod shop. Very good looking in red.

The sales people no nothing about this car or even the products. You have to call shelbyautos and talk to them. Or talk to johnathan. The super snake is done hence why they posted it on FB then they took the pics down probably because there was so much hate for it they decided to redo it. I bet the owner bitched at them too. I sure as hell wouldn't accpet what they did if I paid them 40k

The sales people no nothing about this car or even the products.

He's talking about the sales reps at Shelby in Las Vegas. I have personally talked to/with Steve Mansell (probably the same person he spoke with) and he is extremely knowledgeable on the Super Snake, as is Roger Sorel. And both are pure professionals too.

I can't comment on the other Sales Reps (because I have never interacted with them) but I believe that since they have one basic product to sell, they all know their product as well as Roger and Steve do.

I haven't checked the FB page recently so I did not realize they pulled the pics. But I also noticed a license plate on the car in early pics so I too believe it is owned by someone rather than the property of Shelby (who would have a 'dlr' plate or no plate at all on a Prototype, as per all of their other P & C cars). And since no price has been anounced for the '13 SS, $40K is speculating at this stage.

My BET is, if it's a privately owned car and it's being used as a "prototype", the owner got a deal on it anyway. PURE SPECULATION on my part though!

Phill

He's talking about the sales reps at Shelby in Las Vegas. I have personally talked to/with Steve Mansell (probably the same person he spoke with) and he is extremely knowledgeable on the Super Snake, as is Roger Sorel. And both are pure professionals too.

I can't comment on the other Sales Reps (because I have never interacted with them) but I believe that since they have one basic product to sell, they all know their product as well as Roger and Steve do.

I haven't checked the FB page recently so I did not realize they pulled the pics. But I also noticed a license plate on the car in early pics so I too believe it is owned by someone rather than the property of Shelby (who would have a 'dlr' plate or no plate at all on a Prototype, as per all of their other P & C cars). And since no price has been anounced for the '13 SS, $40K is speculating at this stage.

My BET is, if it's a privately owned car and it's being used as a "prototype", the owner got a deal on it anyway. PURE SPECULATION on my part though!

Phill

I am not referring to Roger, Robert or Steve. I am talking about the people you would get on the phone if you just called shelbystore.com. The guy told me himself that they don't really know much just sell the parts.

And I wouldn't even pay 20k for what they did. Maybe 10 MAX. But hey if there was some super special deal then damn I would have offered my car and just taken off the wheels and exhaust after I got it back lol.

I saw this car being delivered at a local dealer about 4 to 6 weeks ago. Went back the next day to check it out and it was gone.

I have a good idea as to who the car belongs to.

Also, at the rev your engine event for Carroll at SAI, I spoke with Roger who spoke in the direction of 2 SS models. ( and the man knows the products he sells )

The sales person I spoke to yesterday was very knowledgeable on what he was talking about as well. These people know what they are talking about.

Problem is simply that the car is not complete from a performance point. It was also stated that the car is still in the shop.

And Phill, I assume $40k for the base model, eh?

That's what the previous Super Snake "base" models were near. Without looking, I remember a $33K price tag and thinking that was for the '07-'09 (603HP) w/Ford Racing TVS on them.

They (SA) have yet to announce prices for the 2013 Super Snake so as I said, it's PURE speculation at this point.

Phill

I think the exhaust tips look better that the euro twin tips.

I agree not a fan of the quad tips at all...the ones on this SS are ok but give me the old single 4'' round thick walled tips from the

old SS IMO.

That's what the previous Super Snake "base" models were near. Without looking, I remember a $33K price tag and thinking that was for the '07-'09 (603HP) w/Ford Racing TVS on them.

They (SA) have yet to announce prices for the 2013 Super Snake so as I said, it's PURE speculation at this point.

Phill

Thanks. At least its not a quite disappointment if they keep it under that limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Pricing and final specifications for the GT500 Super Snake will be avlaible within the next week. Also for colored stripe fans..................Matte Black, Gloss White, Azure Blue and Silver for the 13 GT350's.

Roger

Archived