TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Prototype #1 Build

2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake PP1 Build

We've had a tremendous amout of interest in the development of the 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, so we've put a photo album together to give you an inside view of how it's all coming together. Click here or on the photo grid below to view the entire gallery.

We'd like to hear your comments about Shelby American's newest creation.

76634.png

i like the new supersnake for the most part..a couple of things i like to see different is 1) a carbon fiber rear diffuser; possibly around the license pate area also but would have to see that first 2) a black wheel like the alcoas; 3) a yellow color option on the brake calipers...and maybe keep the alcantara sections on the recaro seats. By the way, what is the size of the rear tires?

from what has been shown in the pictures to date there isn't much to see as performance modifications are concerned.

1) tires and wheel sizes look like they were increased to 275 front and 305 rear on 20x10 and 20x11 wheels

2)Shelby Wildwood brakes front and rear with brake cooling ducting

3) Shelby watts link kit

4) Shelby radiator and heat exchanger.

5) borla cat back exhaust

Here is what I don't see and would expect to see. I realize this is a SVT Performance Package car with the Bilstein adjustable shocks.

I would still expect to see

1) a different set of coil springs to lower the car, coupled with a larger set of sway bars to improve handling.

2) If the stock supercharger is to be retained, I'd expect a tune to bring power up to 725 Hp for a minimum

3) the MGW/Shelby shifter is going to be installed

CaitlinC from your signature I would assume that you are a Shelby American employee. With this being said you stated in your post that this is the finished product

Unfortunately this looks more like a cosmetic upgrade than a performance upgrade from the pictures posted so far. I hope this isn't the finished product

how does the hood affect the aerodynamics? from the side view it doesnt flow, too bulky

the wheels are absolutely terrible for this car, maybe a color change would help

the exhaust tips are....laughable

I like the stripes, new emblems, CF chin and side scoops...this is just my opinion of course but come on guys dont fix what aint broken! bring back the alcoas!

Wheels are awful even with a color change I would say they would mask the awful but still awful. And I disagree with the "growing on me" statement... that just means you're getting more used to the awful.

The Alcoas NEVER had to "grow on me," I knew the instant I saw them that they were awesome, that's why I bought them.

The exhaust tips look completely out of place. The quad exhaust looks WAAAY better.

The rest of the package looks ok, but I agree with what others have posted that it appears more of a brake upgrade and cosmetic package than anything else.

No one from Shelby is responding... At least acknowledge these folks geez! LOL!

I don't like the wheels or exhaust, funny thing is those seem to be the most eye popping changes in my opinion. Gotta be honest anyway, I probably won't get this, but I am not a fan of those 2 things, mainly because the Quad pipes are so new and radical, they should stay that way They tie the newness of the '13 together.

Let the roasting on me begin lol!

I don have to agree on the Alcoas though!

No one from Shelby is responding... At least acknowledge these folks geez! LOL!

I don't like the wheels or exhaust, funny thing is those seem to be the most eye popping changes in my opinion. Gotta be honest anyway, I probably won't get this, but I am not a fan of those 2 things, mainly because the Quad pipes are so new and radical, they should stay that way They tie the newness of the '13 together.

Let the roasting on me begin lol!

I don have to agree on the Alcoas though!

They don't want to respond because they are embarassed that they didn't get info from us before hand before they did such a stupid change lol.

Wheels are awful even with a color change I would say they would mask the awful but still awful. And I disagree with the "growing on me" statement... that just means you're getting more used to the awful.

The Alcoas NEVER had to "grow on me," I knew the instant I saw them that they were awesome, that's why I bought them.

The exhaust tips look completely out of place. The quad exhaust looks WAAAY better.

The rest of the package looks ok, but I agree with what others have posted that it appears more of a brake upgrade and cosmetic package than anything else.

Couldn't have said it gooder!

Wow, I'm really surprised by the negative reviews here.

The Alcoas are a great looking wheel but have been played out. It's time for a fresh look. As for the wheels shown here, I like them and I imagine once we have some higher quality photos that show the entire car and not just close-ups that opinions will change. With True Forge being a supplier to Shelby I would not be surprised if Shelby offers a choice of wheels for your new SS.

In my opinion, the large oval exhaust tips flow much better with the lines of the car and give the rearend the appearance that a little more thought was put into the look. Besides, who wants an SS that could be mistaken for a showroom stock GT500 from the rear?

Lastly, concerning power, I suspect Shelby is still working on the package and isn't ready to show the options just yet. It is a brand new motor they are working with, give them time. We all know the Old Man would never be satisfied with his name on a Super Snake that had OEM power numbers.

Wow, I'm really surprised by the negative reviews here.

The Alcoas are a great looking wheel but have been played out. It's time for a fresh look. As for the wheels shown here, I like them and I imagine once we have some higher quality photos that show the entire car and not just close-ups that opinions will change. With True Forge being a supplier to Shelby I would not be surprised if Shelby offers a choice of wheels for your new SS.

In my opinion, the large oval exhaust tips flow much better with the lines of the car and give the rearend the appearance that a little more thought was put into the look. Besides, who wants an SS that could be mistaken for a showroom stock GT500 from the rear?

Lastly, concerning power, I suspect Shelby is still working on the package and isn't ready to show the options just yet. It is a brand new motor they are working with, give them time. We all know the Old Man would never be satisfied with his name on a Super Snake that had OEM power numbers.

As far as alcoas. If it aint broken why fix it? When you already have perfection why do you want to change it lol. As far as oval tips, this is not a lexus. Quad tips is the way to go. They should have made bigger chrome ones though. Or maybe a true quad tip exhaust not just a muffler with 2 tips coming out of it.

I disagree the alcoas are played out, they are probably the best wheels ever made for the shelby...then they replace with these? fresh look? nothing fresh about them but im just one man, the angle of the spokes and insane large lips just make the car gaudy....and the rear exhaust tips look like jap luxo sedans...not feeling it! Im sorry but the 2013 GT500 looks awesome and making imporvements have been to be new because just slapping on existing pieces is not working along with this "fresh look" wheels and exhaust...I for one wanted alcoas super bad, in black and now you have to ya upwards of 5K for used ones....unacceptable

Thank God we're allowed to different opinions.....

I would have rather seen Shelby create a new lower facia that incorporated a functional diffuser. The black plastic of the rear facia appears to be a separate piece.

This is one of those cases where "If you don't like it don't buy it" I don't like it so I won't. A lot of people will though, and that is ok.

The oval pipes do look JDM...

The Wheels just don't do it for me.

I have seen some cool wheels by ADV1 though.

I don't know Shelby is a fine company the final product should be insane!

For one, I don't like the alloys personally. Alcoas were way better but I would've gladly accepted if they replaced alcoas with something "better" than them. But these....Jeez!

The quad tip exhausts are fine for me. I don't really have a problem as far as the aesthetics thingy goes. However that rear mounted grill is placed a bit weirdly.

On a final note, my favorite SuperSnake was always and will always be a '11. If Shelby doesn't come up with brighter ideas in near future, that is.

Archived