TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Top Secret Shelby Project

CaitlinC

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno. I like it, but the nose seems a little too long. Hopefully they'll use the added width judiciously to add wider wheels while maintaining the original wheel track.

What nose? The only thing Shelby has give us a peak at is a widened rear quarter.

Everyone asked for bigger rear tires.

Here it comes.

It would be a hell of a lot easier to tub a car than put wide fenders on it.

The wider track tells me "road racer"...I'm thinkin' GT350 over GT500.

Phill

It would be a hell of a lot easier to tub a car than put wide fenders on it.

The wider track tells me "road racer"...I'm thinkin' GT350 over GT500.

Phill

Really? Then why don't we see more of them vs. the wide body mod?

I don't buy that a mini tub is easier on the S197, particularly since you are talking about messing with the structure of the chassis.

Today at the Quail in Carmel Valley. I think it could be this:

IMG-20120816-00034.jpg

IMG-20120816-00030.jpgIMG-20120816-00031.jpgIMG-20120816-00032 (1).jpgIMG-20120816-00033.jpgIMG-20120816-00034.jpg

That's the GAS widebody which is referenced earlier in this thread. You can tell by the Shelby pics that it will not be near that extreme. I'm not a huge fan of the GAS version. Too much squareness in the lines. Looks somewhat like bolt on fender flares. You can tell the Shelby fenders are more contoured which is better and not as extreme.

Galpin's version has that huge change to the door skin etc. which is just to much for my taste. I like the way the Shelby fenders contour back to the standard door skin. Much smoother appearance.

Really? Then why don't we see more of them vs. the wide body mod?

I don't buy that a mini tub is easier on the S197, particularly since you are talking about messing with the structure of the chassis.

l

Amen. But it's not just the chassis structure, it's all of the suspension components that are DIRECTLY in-board of the wheel which would require relocating. From a 20x9.5" wheel with a +45 offset, about another 1" of wheel width can be safely gotten away with considering the additional width of the tire to boot. It's MUCH easier to either roll the fender or add an external kit than to go mucking around inboard of the wheel as if it were on leaf springs and nothing more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived