TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Top Secret Shelby Project

CaitlinC

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting. Can we have another little hint/pict? Is that blue original or painted? I see hints of scratches or primer.......I can't quite make out the image on the wheel cap but I see a dent/mar in it(but so what). What a tease this is!

The idea of fender flares or rolling the fenders for wider tires could be a good idea.

If it is a new car project, would have to say new Shelby GT or the return of the Terlingua.

Hey now.....................you got my attention. :yahoo:

I got a bigger charge out of "Skunk Works". A term mostly known by DOD employee's for the famed Lockheed division that developed the SR-71 and F-117A.

Kelly Johnson and his Skunk Works team did some amazing stuff at Lockheed. :worship:

2013 Shelby GTS

Building on the popularity of the Shelby GT program, Shelby American introduced the new Shelby GTS model for 2011 and 2012 Mustangs. The GTS has been updated for all 2013 Mustangs, V6 and 5.0L V8, coupes and convertibles, manual and automatic transmissions. The Shelby GTS offers the unique styling, handling, and available performance upgrades you’ve come to expect from Shelby American. The performance possibilities are truly endless. Uniquely Shelby.

Actually "skunkworks" is a registered trademark of Lockheed, though it is oft used generically.

Does the color have any significance? The color is Petty Blue. The original Shelby Boss Trans Am Mustangs were the dark blue with white.

My guess would be a tribute car that is grabber blue with redn h stripes because when we were at Dearborn 08 we learned that was Carroll Shelby's favorite color combination.

Grabber Blue was a 1970 color however there were only eight very rare 1969 Grabber blue Shelby's GT-500's built with this color and they were drag pack cars and I think only a few survived.

This could be a re-creation of this rare Shelby beast.

BTW...there were also 10 Grabber Blue GT-350 cars built in 1969

Archived