TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Camaro 1LE vs Boss 302....>

Bill Hamilton

When the new Camaro ZL1 first came out all the magazines insisted on comparing it to the Boss 302 instead of it's true competitor, the GT-500. The Boss 302 held up well in those test but the additional $15K spent on the ZL1 usually insured the Camaro's victory, or at least in the printed media.

Now Chevy has come out with a Camaro that is the true competitor of the Boss 302, the Camaro 1LE. Let the games begin: http://www.topspeed....2-ar132541.html

Once more I'm sure the Boss will win every catagory but the final score in many of the magazines (LOL).

That has to be one of the most biased, bull shit articles ever written. Why didn't the author just admit that his father invented the internet and developed the Camaro! What a load! But, what do I know - your opinion may vary. :fan:

That has to be one of the most biased, bull shit articles ever written. Why didn't the author just admit that his father invented the internet and developed the Camaro! What a load! But, what do I know - your opinion may vary. :fan:

hmm......I'd say: :fan:

I agree 1000%...

The funniest bit was them slamming the Boss for lacking a Nav wtf!!!...only in the last decade has the Nav become commonplace, its a wonder we actually got anywhere without it!

Back in 1990, my wife and I drove all over Europe, 2400+ miles thru 9 countries...all without a NAV, we never got lost, and somehow. we made it back to the airport on time...

I've put 15k on the KR and never once used the Nav, and frankly, I wish I didn't have that screen there...but alas, it was on the car when I got it.

So now there is a comparison in lap times at VIR:

http://www.camaro5.com/camaro-1le-laps-virginia-international-raceway-vir-in-25834-besting-mustang-boss-302-video-2

The BOSS was driven by a writer @ Motor Trend for a lap time of 3:02 (Hmmmmmmmmmmmm)

And the 1LE was driven by one of the Camaro's Chief Engineers for a time of 2:58...

How about we get the same driver(s) on the same day using a pair of "As Delivered" vehicles before making any specific performance claims...

Either way, GM is comparing their Brand New Camaro "Track Car" to essentially a Ford's BOSS 302 Design from 2011... Nothing like having 2 years worth of data to finally catch up to...

Hell, there's even been a complete hard-back book written by Donald Farr that is already going thru its 2nd Edition printing to include an update for the 2013 Models...

Just like the good ol days!

Really, though, need a comparison using same drivers and same tires for a true comparison.

I'd really just like to see a Camaro show up at the track so I can do my own comparison. All I ever see are Vettes and the Boss will run with the Grand Sport let alone a C6. I really can't see that tank of a Camaro holding with the Boss, but I'd sure like to find out! :)

The LE1s are blowing up on the track. There is no oil controll in the pan and they are starving for oil and guess what happen's.

They really never expected camero owners to race them but just wanted braging right's.

How many camero's have you seen racing on the track?

I have seen one and it blew after 4 lap's.

Greg

The LE1s are blowing up on the track. There is no oil controll in the pan and they are starving for oil and guess what happen's.

They really never expected camero owners to race them but just wanted braging right's.

How many camero's have you seen racing on the track?

I have seen one and it blew after 4 lap's.

Greg

So, the saying continues to hold true - "You get what you pay for"!!

Archived